Mineplex vs Hypixel

Flappo's Avatar Flappo3/4/16 2:33 pm
2 emeralds 6.4k 141
7/9/2016 2:42 pm
Flappo's Avatar Flappo
Hello Folks!

Since it's a bit Mineplex vs Hypixel these days, I wanted to do a poll about it.
Which one is the best in your opinion.
Please vote on the poll and give comment why.
I'll also do some random questions like ''who do you think makes the best art'' every now and then.
PMC Member Hypixel: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/hypixel/

Personally I like Hypixel the most because they make their art, games, texturepacks a lot more detailed.

See ya in the comments!
Flappo
Level 15 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/09/2016 2:42 pm
Flappo
Hypixel stays on a 45% of the voting but lots of people in the comment section vote for Mineplex? :/
07/07/2016 1:23 am
Level 1 : New Miner
m0b_sniper
I play mineplex all day.
To me, hypixel has a lot of pay2win players, and gimmicks. All of the coding is just insane to play one game that isn't really that fun. I think warlords on hypixel is just a heartbreak. People barely take any knockback, and it takes so much clicking to kill another player. Way rather play Dominate with cool abilities, less complications, and you don't have to break a sweat to play if you don't want to.
07/06/2016 9:31 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
elementcraftGames
Both and none, because, whenever i play skywars or i kill someone, they would just shout "HAX" "HACKER!!" "IL REPORT YOU" and i find it annoying, i mean why play with ragers like this?
07/06/2016 7:09 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
ColourCrafter
I think Mineplex is better. Easily
07/06/2016 7:03 pm
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
Hypixel is of higher quality, but the community tied to both ruins them.
07/06/2016 6:39 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
I dislike both.. I prefer smaller but still moderately large servers with a nice community.
07/06/2016 5:43 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
Im with the small, but smarter minority who picked the last option... They all feel like a big cashcow and theres too many people that it feels too much, smaller servers are better, you can talk with other players etc.. Not to mention MiniGame servers are so boring...
07/06/2016 5:14 pm
NeodymiumXHD
I enjoy playing both. I play mineplex more though
07/06/2016 5:11 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Skinner
DerpySelfie
I play on both of them because they both have a lot of games and my friends are on them a lot. I dislike both because they have a lot of lag usually. However, I would say I like Mineplex the most because it has Sheep Quest and the drawing game (I forgot what it's called). I also like the gem system where you can buy different kits for different games. Though Hypixel has teams for the builder competition thing (Master Builders???), that's the only game I play on there. So, overall: Mineplex ~Em
07/06/2016 4:24 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
sippiboy
Hypixel, i feel a sense of progression on hypixel when i play games and earn coins i strive to get better perks and use the best kits that i can, mainly taking about skywars but this applies to all of hypixel, In Mineplex you can have different kits but can everyone else on hypixel kits are earned through playing the game not just earning coins usaully, i also love UHC and how there is a depth of skill to it because you want to have the best crafts possible to help you in the game
07/06/2016 12:08 pm
Level 25 : Expert Archer
IDKCharlie
I prefer Cubecraft...
But both of these servers have pros and cons. Hypixel's party system is better and Hypixel tends to have less issues with lag. Also, Blocking Dead.

Mineplex has the Mixed Arcade which is amazing in my opinion. Mineplex also has better Survival Games in my opinion. Let's not forget Castle Siege.

So yeah I can't decide between the two of them but I like Cubecraft cause 1.9 pvp and Egg Wars
07/06/2016 11:22 am
Fifteen
mineplex is much more organized
07/06/2016 9:54 am
Level 36 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Jakarian Studios
I hate that you had to pay to get rid of a false ban on Mineplex, thankfully the new Eula came in after that. #ThankTheEula
07/06/2016 9:51 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
BobBelcher
mineplex
07/06/2016 9:25 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Chief_Nyanta
They're both terrible in my opinion. Both their games aren't that creative, Mineplex doesn't have the best coding while Hypixel's games are a tad more boring... There's a lot more things I can say but I'll just end it there.
07/06/2016 9:06 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner
TheCrazyMinion
There Both Pretty Good Servers But Hypixel Is Better Beacause You Don't Wait For 1 Minute To Play Games
07/06/2016 9:03 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Engineer
awesomecronin
Mineplex has awful forums, and their ranks are over-priced and last for a short period of time! In addition, a while ago when I was on vacation, somebody stole my account and used hacks on it, banning me from 4 different servers, two of which I had a rank on! I was able to sort out those two, another server I didn't care about 'cause I'd never been on it, and the other was Mineplex. They refused to let me submit a ban appeal! I had to wait 62 days until my ban went away. Now, when you search my username on Google, you get all sorts of ban reports, and my reputation was pretty much destroyed, along with my inventory on a ton of servers. Great.
07/06/2016 8:44 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
Mineplex just because I like seeing ParkerGames

Stupid reason but hey, it's just an opinion
07/06/2016 8:19 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
VoidStarzZHD
I'd go with hypixel because most of the time I play with others and hypixel has a better party system than mineplex by miles
07/06/2016 8:18 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
-___-
They both are nothing compared to the Hive. Hypixel is better, though. Atleast they have the walls, my second favorite minigame, after The Herobrine.
07/06/2016 8:05 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Hypixel - Because they haven't banned me yet :'D
07/06/2016 7:27 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Aleja
Mineplex
Pros- Simple to master, friendly players, good ecosystem, creative gadgets/items.
Cons- Lots of hackers, the games are not always of a very high quality, bland builds.

Hypixel
Pros- Amazing game, amazing builds..
Cons- Rude players, lots of hackers, extremely understaffed, horrible anticheat, a bit of corruption in the staff team, adventure lobby, post-Eula p2w.

I'm not a fan of either, however, if I had to choose I'd definitely choose Mineplex
07/06/2016 7:20 am
Level 74 : Legendary Artist
Gealx3
I usually only go on Hypixel to play some skywars because Mineplex does it all wrong. Mineplex also has a lot of bugs and glitches. Though I mostly play on Mineplex because the server is organized and simple and it is a minigame server. Though I probably shouldn't even be in here because I rarely go on Hypixel.

I like them both.
07/06/2016 7:13 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc2196306
[deleted]
07/06/2016 7:00 am
Level 25 : Expert Toast
Witherwings_
I really don't see a reason for this big debate. If you like a server better than the other then just go on that server. No reason to debate.
07/06/2016 10:44 am
Flappo
It's not a debate, just vote on the poll and tell why you choosed that server, or both, or none.
07/06/2016 6:41 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
kdonwarriorsfam
Mineplex is good but only for the survival games, in which I have 40 wins and all achievements. I play one in the quiver on there too. But when I play with a group I choose Hypixel because of their better partying format and mega skywars! . I also love Hypixel's skywars and build game. So, both are good.
07/06/2016 6:13 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Mage
Spectre
Hypixel.

Why? Because Warlords.
07/06/2016 5:39 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Slime Tamer
CreeperLadMC
Actually, both servers are highly qualified and well run, but Hypixel provides a LOT more minigames of all sorts, and also a very exquisite award system. Not to mention, Mineplex doesn't have player housing, DOES it?
07/06/2016 1:32 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
On Hypixel you don't have to wait a minute before you can jump into a game.
07/06/2016 4:03 am
Flappo
Or 5 minutes for Open Beta games...
07/06/2016 12:37 am
___Luke__
Mineplex is a great server but the new updates just took the fun out of the games, there for, I enjoy Hypixel because of their original gamemodes and ideas. Hypixel has a decent rank system and a basically hacker proof no-cheat system. Like most of you have said, "That's not donating, that's the network robbing you blind." Well, I have to disagree, the Hypixel store is a way to pay for the server and get exclusive items only available at Hypixel. And when you're talking about how much the server cost, remember, MCProHosting and Hypixel are partners, Hypoxel gets a special plan which allows them to have more memory than available to the normal buyer, there for, Hypixel gets a meager discount. Have you even thought to see how many people Hypixel directs to MCProHosting? I didn't think so.
03/20/2016 3:14 am
MrBillzy
I find Mineplex to be more low quality in general, and they just steal games from Hypixel! I may play on Mineplex, but it's very rare... Anyways, I've donated to Hypixel quite a bit.
03/20/2016 3:04 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
Cassie
I prefer Hypixel over all those hub servers, I have even donated to them a few times~
I really enjoy their housing too!
03/20/2016 3:01 am
Flappo
Hypixel PE has reached the end of Alpha, amazing!
03/12/2016 1:39 pm
Flappo
Hypixel has Cops and Crims which I play non-stop, unfortunately there are a lot of donor only weapons there.

Nope, Mineplex's ranks are more expansive, just a little tho.
Mineplex's cheapest rank is ususally 29,99. Hypixel's cheapest rank is 25,-
And now both servers have sale, Mineplex 50% and Hypixel 60%, lel.
03/12/2016 12:08 pm
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
Mineplex for me. I've joined the hordes of people who no-life MineStrike.

Hypixel has always been overly complex for my tastes, and you have to have ranks to get any real benefit. Plus their ranks are more expensive than Mineplex's (if I'm not mistaken).
03/12/2016 12:00 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
Hypixel has unique games for the most part, aside from Survival Games and SkyWars, while Mineplex has many games unoriginal. Hypixel has grown into large buisness now, and has professional artists, builders, developers etc. while Mineplex is still lacking in those fields. Hypixel even has its own build team comparable to Athion. Regardless, I think they're both equally fun. I voted Hypixel because of the unique games, art, and building.
03/12/2016 11:43 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
lilyboo
HYPIXEL FTW
03/12/2016 10:32 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
Neither
03/12/2016 7:32 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
Hypixel.

Mineplex is just a waste of time.
03/12/2016 6:16 am
anonpmc1781568
[deleted]
03/12/2016 7:19 am
Flappo
That's not a lot, are we talking about Hypixel here?
Hypixel has over 200+ minigame servers, all hosted on Dedicated servers from MCProHosting, that's like 180 USD per month, check it yourself: https://mcprohosting.com/plans#?plans=dedi
1 Dedicated server can hold 16 minigame servers. (1 GB RAM)
So they need at least 13 Dedicated servers, which cost in total, 2880 USD per month.
And now I'm only talking about the minigame servers.
Not the Lobbies, Website, Domain, Staff or anything else.
03/12/2016 6:35 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Waec
In fact I know how much servers cost. There are great deals of money being put into servers, especially when they are minigames due to the fact that they have to pay for more than just a server.

In fact - They purchase dedicated servers, to help host TeamSpeak, the website (not Mineplex as it's built on Enjin) but what I am referring to is mostly Hypixel of other things other than Minecraft of what they use.

As a server owner myself, I believe that both servers have around 4 512GB (memory) servers and they're feeding their servers from there, which would cost more than 500 dollars per month, and more than 60,000 dollars per year with that estimation.

Regardless - It doesn't matter how much they pay, it matters how much they put the work in for a network of sustainability. Money is what makes the network possible, but it has no contribution to anyone's opinions on both parties.
03/12/2016 6:13 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
MrMidnightIf Minecraft doesn't want people to make profit on minecraft, they would have disabled advertisements on minecraft video's. They would have to turn down (almost) every public server. They have to turn down a lot of premium plugins.
But they didn't do that. The EULA only cares about real ingame blocks. Like an enchanted sword. Not a textured 3D gun.

"Can I charge access to a specific part of my server, such as a minigame or world?

No, you cannot charge for any part of a server. Only the access. Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges. You may make a different server which features “premium” areas, and charge for access to that server instead, but the benefits cannot carry between servers."
https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-se ... low-up-qa/

I'm not going to even try to discuss this anymore. You could say that technically a minigame is a separate server on hypixel but that's about as a scumbag move as it gets.
03/12/2016 5:48 am
Flappo
If Minecraft doesn't want people to make profit on minecraft, they would have disabled advertisements on minecraft video's. They would have to turn down (almost) every public server. They have to turn down a lot of premium plugins.
But they didn't do that. The EULA only cares about real ingame blocks. Like an enchanted sword. Not a textured 3D gun.
So, RunEscape is a lot different, you sell the Direct item, not something you created on your own, you used your own imagination on inside the game.

And yes, not all of it goes to the funding of the server.
Some also goes to paying their people, paying for art, trailers, and having the setup they need to code all this stuff.
It also goes to the owners, because they're working almost 24/7 on it, they need their income to live. Without that they wouldn't been able to work so hard for the server because they would need to do a job beside Hypixel.
But as I said, It's a company, and companies never invest 100% of their income into their product.
03/12/2016 4:04 am
anonpmc1781568
[deleted]
03/12/2016 4:47 am
Flappo
I like how Hypixel made the maps of Smash Heroes so simplistic.
It's like none detail but that's just so beautiful, it fits perfectly in the game.
As I've seen a few days ago on video's on YT, Hypixel ''sponsored'' MINECON 2015 by hosting all servers.. So amazing! Simply press ''JOIN MINECON SERVER'' when you loaded up minecraft and choose a nickname, Texturepack? Custom client? O_O

And sometimes in Mineplex I can just see they made something with Worldedit brush and didn't edited it with a smooth brush or Voxelsniper.....
For example those speed builder maps, or the maps of their valentine game..
03/12/2016 4:09 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Going to give a bit of info, but the Mineplex builders are perfectly competent, the owner is just a minimalist.
03/12/2016 4:27 am
anonpmc1781568
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome