Mods... why have them

death123438's Avatar death1234383/21/12 7:37 am
3/22/2012 8:25 am
csekavec's Avatar csekavec
Why use mods when minecraft SHOULD add a FEW of the resonable mods to the game i don't use mods because you need winrar that and winrar this and mod loader this and yadada!!! I really want to try tale of kingdoms without my minecraft crashing
so i think Tale of kingdoms should be a new game mode! (survival,creative,hardcore)
I know mods are privately made but it was just a little idea that i had. If you agree, post back.
death123438
Level 24 : Expert Spelunker

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/22/2012 8:25 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
csekavec
pgpm By adding mods as official releases, you would be forcing other people to play the game in a way that they might not like to.

this ^^

I'm exciting at the bukkit team being hired by mojang - it shows that further mods are likely to be more compatible, more resilient, and possibly have more features.

Each update breaks so much on each server - which is unfortunate. I hope that a stable mod framework will really help to stabilize this.
03/22/2012 8:08 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
and really... a lot of mods that make minecraft into a different game (like Skyrim in minecraft or Terraria in minecraft) are more the modders showing of their coding skills than really trying to add functionality to the game. That's what a lot of the mods are. "Ok, this is fun, but I can make it do THIS!"

This is actually quite a neat idea for gaming companies to use... what a fantastic way to find new, imaginative coders. If Bethesda and Mojang DON'T hire excellent modders, they're not thinking straight. (And Mojang DOES... they hired the team who designed the Bukkit system for multiplayer to help them develop and tweak SMP.)
03/22/2012 7:46 am
Level 21 : Expert Mage
Grarrdor
Its easy as hell to do, all your doing is copying files, thats it.

Also, mojang cant add everything to the game, or add everything by themselves, not everyone wants what the mods offer, some do, this is why they are working on official mod support.
03/22/2012 7:34 am
Level 27 : Expert Miner
jcolmos
some are fun because you can add new abilities to the player and make the game more interesting it's just about the patience they have for something new to be added
03/22/2012 7:11 am
Level 24 : Expert Spelunker
death123438
It's nice to know and kind of cool that villagers started as mods! I do think mods are neat for you people that think i hate them. They just need mod loader and winrar and could crash you minecraft. Maybe one day i'll try a mod....maybe
03/21/2012 9:48 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
pgpm
Mods are a way to enhance/tweak the game to a person's liking. I personally think it's better to have mods available as downloadable, community-created content rather than incorporating even the most popular into the game as it allows players to create a unique gaming experience which suits their personal likes and make the game more fun for them to play. By adding mods as official releases, you would be forcing other people to play the game in a way that they might not like to.
03/22/2012 12:54 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
This. One of the reasons Minecraft is so popular is that it's so open-ended. While it's quite enjoyable on its own without mods, using mods can completely change the gamelplay in pretty much any way you want it to. Minecraft is customizable. Adding too many mods to Minecraft would begin to box-in the gameplay and restrict its open-endedness. Besides, Winrar really isn't difficult to use at all, if you're having problems downloading a mod there are about a billion tutorials online.
03/21/2012 6:31 pm
Level 21 : Expert Warrior
Rage_Hammer24
mods add new things every server has one mod even though you dont know its there for example on a server i used to go on when i went on my inventoy and pressed o too many items came up.
03/21/2012 8:07 pm
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
Thats because you had it installed.
03/21/2012 6:16 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Dragonborn
Darky
You should wait for 1.3 because I think Mojang is going to make installing mods as easy as clicking a button.
03/21/2012 6:27 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Vandy
That's about as easy as it is already. Just download WinRAR or whatever you use, download the modloader and the mod, drag on to a .jar, another to a folder. And the buttons that Mojang is making is to enable/disable a mod instead of clearing your entire jar. And to solve conflicts, and all. But yeah. Mods are to be able to enhance the game the way you want it to be, and sharing it with the world.

P.S. <3 Bethesda.
03/21/2012 6:15 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
Clue
Fokkusu, I just realized your avatar moves.
Anyways, Mods are not always implememented into the game for a multitude of reasons that have already been explained. And some mods just wouldn't be able to be easily implemented.
03/21/2012 6:10 pm
Fokkusu
It was an example. Hurrrrrr
03/21/2012 6:07 pm
Level 21 : Expert Warrior
Rage_Hammer24
if you want skyrim play skyrim not minecraft!
03/21/2012 5:05 pm
Fokkusu
Because they make the game, the community make sit better, for example Bethesda, they released the modding tools for Skyrim.
03/21/2012 4:58 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
elvenelle
[quote="death123438"]Why use mods when minecraft SHOULD add a FEW of the resonable mods to the game i don't use mods because you need winrar that and winrar this and mod loader this and yadada!!! I really want to try tale of kingdoms without my minecraft crashing
so i think Tale of kingdoms should be a new game mode! (survival,creative,hardcore)
I know mods are privately made but it was just a little idea that i had. If you agree, post back.[*not mine]
ok I agree. because of 1 good reason which is my computer mite crash if I download one
mode [*mine]
03/21/2012 8:03 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
some of the older mods HAVE been incorporated into the game (baby animals, villagers, etc.) It just seems to take Mojang FOREVER to do it. (And they also seem to have a problem making the mods as good as the original ones.....) Those of us with no patience use mods to make the game more interesting when we start to get bored with regular play.
03/21/2012 8:18 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
ben88834
i think that mojan also think abot the powr of some minecraft fans computers, like having Mo' creature, buildcraft and so on, in the minecraft game will be bad for others, they will have a lag that the cant fix unless good at the file changes.. and coding, thats probably why mojang dont add mods into the game exactly as they are.
03/21/2012 12:45 pm
Level 40 : Master Musician
c danovich
the main reason they tweak the mods to their liking is for balance. for instance the pistons were modified to be unable to launch entities and unable to crush objects.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome