*MUST READ* WHY THE EULA IS A COMPLETE JOKE?!?!?!

TheSilentPvP_PMC's Avatar TheSilentPvP_PMC10/8/16 9:47 pm
1 emeralds 2.4k 51
10/11/2016 8:42 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder's Avatar LightlySaltedBuilder
Many server owners have been completely blindsided by news of the EULA enforcement. The trick is, it's all a joke. The truth is, parents have been complaining to Mojang about spoiled kids stealing their credit cards and buying a $500 USD rank. This is the sole reason Mojang is trying to enforce the EULA. They want to create an atmosphere where people think Mojang is "dealing with" these servers. But surely Mojang would not do this just to kill servers. They are doing this to satisfy parents who are angry with these servers. Mojang as a business needs people to buy their game in the future. If parents are still very angry at Minecraft. Chances are that other parents will not allow their kids to play Minecraft.

In other words, Mojang is only doing this to ensure that the next generation will continue to play Minecraft.

How to bypass the EULA? Just take away ranks, tell Mojang you took them away and add them back in once you get un-blacklisted. One of the servers I played on did that and they've had no trouble with the EULA ever since.
TheSilentPvP_PMC
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/11/2016 8:42 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
*Hey guys, check out my new server rank, because i don't care what the eula says, it's all a joke!

[ALMIGHTYGOD]

Includes sharpness 100000000000000000000000 sword, infinite absoprtion 1000, over 9000 god apples, enought tnt to blow up the whole server, and enough diamonds to last you 500 lifetimes.

Only 999K

And! for an extra 10K you can get /firstp command! which allows you to get to first place with one command. also unlocks, /servtakeover which instantly allows you to claim every single chunk of land in the factions server. Not enough good stuff? now you get /creative which allows you to go into creative and kill everyone and be imortal!

Get it now before mojang finds out!

(i was being very sarcastic through this whole post if you didn't notice)
10/11/2016 5:20 pm
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
Oddity
Nitwick
If you can't sustain your own server by your own funds and use your creativity instead of creating another server that's just a gameplay clone of something else, the MC community ultimately doesn't gain from it existing.

THANK YOU.

Gameplay clone servers are automatic toilets for your money. No one wants to play on 50 different faction servers, that's boring and usually not worth anyone's time. If you can make a wholesome, unique experience for your players, you should be perfectly fine. No one profits from P2W servers because the ones selling and/or buying the ranks are usually power-hungry children who want to feel better than everyone else. Fair community and minigame variety will usually get you going fairly steadily.

On another note, cosmetic ranks aren't entirely useless. I paid $30 USD on Black Friday last year for Legend rank on Mineplex. I can run a private server with my friends and we have a good time. However if random kids try to pick fights and call me a "Pay2Win scrub", which has happened before, you can usually tell they're just being sour grapes.

Basically this. People are always making clones that don't serve the MC community at all. There is absolutely no reason to make P2W kits and ranks, when you're supposed to make your own server with your own mind and money. 'Nuff said.

And once again, cosmetic ranks aren't useless. They will give you fully cosmetic items that don't help the person who buys them, but they do indeed support the server. People who say that people with cosmetic ranks are "P2W Scrubs" are indeed just being sour apples and don't bother supporting their most favorite server.
10/11/2016 4:59 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
@OP, I love how your server sells $200 ranks that so blatantly violates the EULA.

I also think it's funny how your $200 rank doesn't even list everything that you can get, I can't even see anyone paying $5 for this.
10/11/2016 4:40 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior
Clockwork Studio
Please! PLEASE dont think that the Minecraft-eula is a worthless document that isnt even real! The eula is here to PREVENT minecraft online-servers to get even worse in some ways. This eula prevents servers from selling stuff that gets you an Advantage (atleast offensive Advantages like Invincibility)!
If the eula wouldnt be, i guess pvp would never be a that big thing. Who has money would just win!
Sure, Hypixel or Mineplex would love the Eula to get removed!
Means more Profit for them... but, for the love of god!
INFORM YOU BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS! -.-
10/11/2016 3:45 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
If you can't afford to run something then maybe you shouldn't run it? This stuff is a privilege, not a right.
10/11/2016 3:08 pm
ASF
AzrathWell guess what mate... minecraft was never made so you get everything instantly without doing anything.

Creative mode?
10/11/2016 2:38 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
He only wants to make money again.. You can never escape the EULA!!
10/11/2016 1:28 pm
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
Nitwick
If you can't sustain your own server by your own funds and use your creativity instead of creating another server that's just a gameplay clone of something else, the MC community ultimately doesn't gain from it existing.

THANK YOU.

Gameplay clone servers are automatic toilets for your money. No one wants to play on 50 different faction servers, that's boring and usually not worth anyone's time. If you can make a wholesome, unique experience for your players, you should be perfectly fine. No one profits from P2W servers because the ones selling and/or buying the ranks are usually power-hungry children who want to feel better than everyone else. Fair community and minigame variety will usually get you going fairly steadily.

On another note, cosmetic ranks aren't entirely useless. I paid $30 USD on Black Friday last year for Legend rank on Mineplex. I can run a private server with my friends and we have a good time. However if random kids try to pick fights and call me a "Pay2Win scrub", which has happened before, you can usually tell they're just being sour grapes.
10/11/2016 1:19 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
So true XD
10/11/2016 11:18 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
how has this not been locked yet?
10/11/2016 11:16 am
Level 21 : Expert Pirate
Mystify
Click to reveal
damn
10/11/2016 10:51 am
Level 49 : Master Wizard
Sammo346
Did you know its against the EULA to give someone a reward for voting for their server on PMC?
10/11/2016 3:25 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Wait is it really? I guess that makes sense, actually.
10/11/2016 4:57 pm
avrona
Thankfully my server can't have votifier anyway.
10/11/2016 10:04 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Pysisco8
Another post of EULA. Your post won't change it. You have to just deal with it. Nuff' said.

Again, Posting won't change it.

Besides that, The EULA creates the grounds a bit more square than they used to be...
So players could play without having to pay, And It's Mojang's game of course, They
don't want SERVERS taking your money, Maybe just themselves.

The EULA was created for you, For us. It helps keep some things more fair, And lets
your server have a chance. Yeah, Shocker.
10/11/2016 9:11 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Artist
Yeeters_
Mojang would have made the "EULA" complaint a long time ago.
10/11/2016 7:17 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
shut your server down
10/11/2016 10:13 am
avrona
Who and why?
10/11/2016 11:47 am
Karrfis
whoever is so against the eula should not be running a server ^.^
10/11/2016 4:26 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
Lexxonistservers can close down as many people just dont want cosmetics.

oh how wrong you are there
10/11/2016 3:53 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
if you dont follow the eula, dont expect people to follow your rules
10/11/2016 4:09 am
JozyP
Makes sense to me.
10/11/2016 2:42 am
Level 37 : Artisan Dragonborn
Lexxonist
EULA is bad you may like it as server players but not as server owners. Ranks and other pay2win things lead to more money which pays for the upkeep of the server, with the enforcement of EULA, servers can close down as many people just dont want cosmetics.
10/11/2016 8:27 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
If you can't run a server without p2w then you shouldn't have a server, and there are ways to make money without making your server p2w
10/11/2016 9:48 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
If you can't sustain your own server by your own funds and use your creativity instead of creating another server that's just a gameplay clone of something else, the MC community ultimately doesn't gain from it existing. Owners should manage their finances and know their situation before they even open a server. Relying on donations = the server's just an idea with a poor foundation.

Sorry if that was worded viciously, I'm just not being very congenial or feeling sugarcoaty at the moment :p
10/11/2016 4:24 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
If your server cant survive while agreeing and doing how EULA says than just shut it down, would be better for you and players.

Honestly when EULA was started to be enforced a bit more did big servers go down? No? Than why should yours? They just adapted so should you.

Also this thing about EULA, why do I only see people who play PvP (ehm the most toxic players in game) always complaining about it? Because they cant get anything instantly?

Well guess what mate... minecraft was never made so you get everything instantly without doing anything.
10/11/2016 2:44 am
avrona
I like the EULA and I own a server.
10/10/2016 7:46 pm
Karrfis
if it was a joke it would be funny, i didnt laugh

here is an example of a joke

My dog used to chase people on a bike a lot. It got so bad, finally I had to take his bike away.

see, joke hahaha funny

EULA is an agreement that we all agreed to when we created our minecraft accounts, you read em and agreed to them, you agree to them when you set up your server, you press the agree EULA button and it works.

if you dont agree to the eula dont set up a server as you are obviously unable to follow basic rules set in place by the company who created the game
10/10/2016 6:53 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman uwu
DoubleFelix
Break it down:
Server needs rules.
EULA enforces rules.
Mojang enforces EULA.
You don't like the rules, the don't play minecraft.
It's just that simple.
10/10/2016 6:37 pm
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
This again. Really? We're STILL complaining about this? If you can't handle running a fair system on your server then you shouldn't own one. Quit being selfish bigots about this issue.
10/10/2016 6:05 pm
JozyP
I actually like the feedback about this. Nobody agreeing. Finally people understand the EULA.
10/10/2016 5:18 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
EntG1
TheSilentPvP_PMCHow to bypass the EULA? Just take away ranks, tell Mojang you took them away and add them back in once you get un-blacklisted. One of the servers I played on did that and they've had no trouble with the EULA ever since.

That's the scummiest and most pathetic thing a server owner could do.

If you take away ranks and they un-blacklist you and you add ranks after that again. They can just put you on the blacklist again.
10/10/2016 4:42 pm
ASF
TheSilentPvP_PMCHow to bypass the EULA? Just take away ranks, tell Mojang you took them away and add them back in once you get un-blacklisted. One of the servers I played on did that and they've had no trouble with the EULA ever since.

That's the scummiest and most pathetic thing a server owner could do.
10/10/2016 4:41 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Hoodiniator
You should rename this thread to "I haven't done any type of research what-so-ever, but who cares? I just want the EULA gone so I can use my money to completely step on the non-paying players just to be at the top"
10/10/2016 4:53 pm
avrona
This makes me want to open a ticket for an upvote function.
10/10/2016 4:29 pm
JozyP
The EULA ranting needs to stop. Quit complaining about it. It Mojangs game, the EULA is a legal document, and you said that you've agreed with it already.
10/10/2016 4:12 pm
avrona
Not all EULA's are like that. Some are pretty dumb, but some like the MC one are great.
10/11/2016 12:09 am
raidarr
Except I didn't say every EULA was like that. >.>
10/10/2016 3:52 pm
raidarr
If you think minecraft's EULA is bad, you'll really hate... basically any other EULA made by AAA companies with publishers such as Sega and EA. Just read one sometime.

I'll summarize them: "You have no rights."
10/10/2016 2:58 am
avrona
I love the EULA tbh. It makes servers more fair, and since the enforsment, my server is still going strong like nothing ever happend.
10/10/2016 2:40 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Name of OP explains why this thread was made.
10/09/2016 8:11 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
TylanderGD47
Another one? Really? They made this because these ranks are in a way reselling their content. This has absolutely nothing to do with parents, if the parent didn't want their kid with their card then that's the parents problem. Perhaps spoiling them was the problem? (Theres a chain of events that lead to this that spans 4-5 generations, but thats for another time) This isn't the point.

I'm sorry but STOP WITH THESE. MINECRAFT IS THEIR GAME. WE HAVE LOST THIS FIGHT WAY BEFORE IT BEGAN. If they want to revoke this, that's their choice but if they keep it, well that's their choice. I can see the day Pay-To-Win servers DIE. They are the problem. They are the cause of the EULA. Their removal is the solution.

If servers need money, then they can get it on their own. I run a server (its in BETA but it is on PMC right now) do I need xXbilly_bob_239Xx's money? No. Just the same money I use to pay for my internet, power, and everything else. I get no more costs than I did months ago.

We need to stop fighting in a fight we lost before it began. I am being serious.
10/09/2016 6:02 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
chron's signature sums it up if you ask me.
"If you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say anything at all. You're not cool, you're a waste of time."
10/09/2016 5:57 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
This really, really breaks my heart and we've been through this a thousand times. If you can't run a server without breaking the completely reasonable rules that Mojang has set forth, then you don't deserve to run a server and should never have access to a console. It shouldn't matter if you get caught or not.

But, as I've learned, no one in this generation cares at all about anyone else's wishes. It's incredibly sad. But hey, whatever makes you happy. That's what it's all about, right? It's all about what you want, and if what you want is a mediocre form of control over a small amount of people in a dying video game, then so be it. I'm not going to stop you, and if you don't have any respect for Mojang, even if they've brought you hundreds of hours of entertainment, then they won't be able to stop you, either. You'll always find a way to get what you want in these days, no matter who you have to stomp on, even if it means that you have to stomp on the very people who gave you this game in the first place.

But hey, it's none of my business what you do.

[This isn't directed at you personally, OP. Just anyone who goes against the EULA with incredibly selfish intent, really.]
10/09/2016 7:33 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
Dang. That was a really pessimistic view for the likes of you, Chron. But hey, I'll give you points for being passionate on the issue.

But in all seriousness, this topic has been beaten into the ground so far were it's just frustrating to even mention it. The average player doesn't need all this stupid anti-EULA propaganda drilled into their skulls 24/7. In all honesty, I think playing on fair terms rather than buying your way to the top is a better system. So just do the community a favor and just let this waste of a topic go. It's had its run, so lay it to rest and move on.
10/09/2016 5:30 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Scribe
Skaldas
*reads post* -> *blows more air out of nose than usual* -> *makes comment* -> *closes thread*
10/09/2016 5:27 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
WillOfStone
2014 called. They want their Troll post back.
10/09/2016 11:06 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
*hugs*
10/08/2016 10:43 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
skygame12x
I can agree about the reason why there's EULA, but I don't think you should break the rules. The P2W thing to me is bad. You can win with no skill just because you have money. It's like a bribe.

Also, this is probably going to be another argument about how the EULA. Probably going to be locked because of that soon. Just saying.
10/08/2016 10:35 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Technomancer
infered5
If you get blacklisted by Mojang then you didn't listen to the EULA in the first place. They said out loud, including hundreds of Reddit and other site postings that they would be enforcing the EULA since Microsoft purchased Mojang from them. They had more than enough time to comply.

This is old news, buddy.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome