My first time in Minecraft survival, would appreciate feedback

Daxinomega's Avatar Daxinomega1/11/20 4:05 pm
1 emeralds 222 7
1/19/2020 12:46 pm
Daxinomega's Avatar Daxinomega
Hi all,

I tried Minecraft survival for the first time and I think it really could have gone better but it was fun and am planning my next video at the moment, please take a look and see what you think.

Would really appreciate feedback and any comments.

Thanks,

Johnny.

youtu.be/qUfxh-SQT0g
Daxinomega
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/19/2020 12:46 pm
Daxinomega
youtu.be/aJEUr7na3Zk here's the link if you're interested.
01/19/2020 12:42 pm
Daxinomega
Hi guys, so I went out again, and there were different "issues" that I had in the second video, I'll give you a hint... I died again lol! I swear I'm not making these videos just to die.
01/14/2020 12:02 am
Level 34 : Artisan Explorer
ChitterChatter_
haha your video reminds me of when I started minecraft! I thought those sounds seemed like you had a cave under the area you were building. Turns out you actually have a dungeon there!! That's a great place for exploring and for many resources!

I usually mine my way down in a little staircase just around the big opening, then you can sneak in and make some safe spots along the way. I also have had spots for furnace and chests in my mining exploring areas so I can quickly drop things to keep them safe.

I haven't played single player survival without being on a multiplayer server in so long - I forgot how fun it could be!

The more you play survival, the more things you will find that work for you. Crazychicken gave you some great tips!

Thanks for sharing your adventure! :)
01/13/2020 7:02 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Network
Crazychicken2
first, learning how to make planks is very important XD

0:40 that is a "drowned" its like a zombie but underwater , like husk

1:05 if you hold shift when in a crafting table, it will auto craft all the logs into planks

1:40 if you have not played survival before, i would say dont try and guess the recipes, you should rely heavily on the crafting guide until
you start to memorize them

also you should make a stone pickaxe first, get stone and make stone tools, saves wood
and dont make sticks if you dont have to, they drop from oak leaves and dead bushes

3:00 by now you should get some food so u dont starve

4:30 dont make a house out of logs (unless its for visual desire) for just a working house use planks, a log gives 4 planks so instead
of being limited to less material those 20 birch logs would be 80 planks nvm, u fixed it XD

5:23 Always put your best tool in your hot-bar, and holding shift will make any thing you craft instantly go to the hot-bar (unless full)

6:04 to be more wood efficient DONT put wood in the outer corners, and be closer to the wall face half down then jump to place, and
you can skip having the roof outer ring and just cover the baseline

6:25 you should've put the door down already, and if you are in a difficulty where zombies break doors, use 2 trapdoors for an
unbreakable door

7:04 hold shift to put it in a chest instantly and from chest to inventory

8:25 GOOD! making a base inside to pass the night is great!!!

8:26 Dont mine anything with a pickaxe that isnt stone related

9:00 if you made a furnace and cooked logs, u get charcoal which can be used for torches, you need torches otherwise u get mobs
spawning in your house

9:09 you should have a basic floor that is not effected by gravity

11:00 by now you should have stone tools and 1-2 furnaces

11:44 yes, u do need to actually HAVE the item to craft (unless u have a mod with storage terminals and crafting terminals)

12:27 Very good but instead of wood as fuel, u should use the first 3-4 charcoal pieces to fuel

13:45 you should be crouching when near a deep hole, make a cobble staircase

14:19 you should've built a tower straight up and get out, plus dont run towards a ticking creeper XD

15:33 bow wont appear cuz u have not got string yet, and for arrows you would need flint and feathers, but if u had that, bowing down
the mobs is a good idea

16:35 its a mine shaft, it has lots of redstone iron diamonds rails minecarts and all that good stuff, and you shouldve dug into a wall
and block it up and make a little base till u have a sword

17:00 you should not be taking everything you have far away from your base with little to no health

17:18 you should've blocked off that and make a base to heal up and minein a upwards spiral to get out

17:25 you should've placed a block in the fences to block off the creeper

17:52 No, just not worth it, better to just make new stuff

18:00 dont worry so much about endermen, as long as your + in the middle doesnt go on the enderman it wont attack you

18:54 make sure you block off any path to you before mining right next to a mob

19:17 Block off the area before making a staircase

19:43 good job getting out with your stuff! :D

20:09 you should be using coal or charcoal

For your first time you did amazingly! 3/5 .gradegradegradegradegrade. thumb_up
01/14/2020 3:19 pm
Daxinomega
Hey crazychicken thanks for the notes, it was a fun run through, my next mission and video (hoping it works out) will be bed making, don't want the night anymore lol.

Also when posted the video looked really dark, so much more so than when playing and editing, so more touches will be used to let people see.

Thanks for the feedback and the advice, really appreciate it, and some great tips there!

Thanks again!
01/11/2020 5:03 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
NesDespresso
Hi! Welcome to the Survival world of Minecraft, your video was very funny to watch! I recommend building a bigger house to make a chest room, also i recommend you to put torches around the house!
(it prevents of... major problems.)

good luck! :D
01/11/2020 5:09 pm
Daxinomega
Lol thanks for the feedback, while making the video and editing I could see everything, once it hit youtube it looked like I was roaming the abyss, so torch will be used a lot more and I know now that more light keeps the mobs away so I will use many, thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome