Need advice - How to find quality players for server

SirCodester36's Avatar SirCodester368/31/19 5:49 pm
9/11/2019 9:57 pm
LoJo Sho's Avatar LoJo Sho
We have a small community survival server and have a heck of time finding quality, experienced players. We implemented a whitelist application and have a pretty solid staff, but only get applications from young, annoying kids.

How do you Server Owners find quality players? I see some amazing players that are server-conscience and I wonder how you attract those type of people? Currently, we have 5-6 people that actually care about the server and how it operates/performs, and I would like to add a few more of those people.

Any advice would be awesome.

SirCodester
SirCodester36
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/11/2019 9:57 pm
Level 22 : Expert Architect
LoJo Sho
I would have to say the best way to do this is through time. It takes time to find the correct people for your server and usually, they will invite their friends who are mature as well. It is just something you have to live through at launch before you get the community you are looking for.

Best of Luck!
- LoJoSho
09/01/2019 8:51 am
Level 21 : Expert Sailor
anonpmc2649631
[deleted]
09/01/2019 11:59 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
tailzpacked
I know you want advise, but im honestly just looking for a very down to earth server with a few kind hearted individuals to make the game less lonely. I dont know if youd want me but I have been around for awhile. I was one of those annoying kids back in the day when minecraft first came out and after all these years i guess im a seasoned vet. its crazy to think its still as popular today, but if you would like quality filled conversation and interaction then i would love to join you and your community.
09/01/2019 9:37 am
Minestreet
If you are the owner of the server, you decide how the community interacts with the game and vice-versa. It's all about being the "host" and making sure that those people who join want to stay and help the community grow.
09/01/2019 9:29 am
Qope
Basically doing this. I mean, look, you already have a couple people that'd love to join a closed community survival server. Maybe you could literally put an age limit. These other guys have great suggestions too, and I heavily recommend trying Reddit. Personally, I've been looking for a quiet and private survival world since I've been back on MC, and I'd love to join.
09/01/2019 12:40 pm
Level 24 : Expert Fisherman
Gilran
Advertise and use a strict net to catch quality players. But you can also teach some player to be an experienced quality player. Sometimes kids really happy if somebody teach them tricks. Nobody birth with knowledge.
09/01/2019 11:35 am
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
InfamousArgyle
just give it time. pour love into your server and make things worthwhile for your playerbase and you will have a big happy family. Make sure that people don't feel marginalized or left out.
09/01/2019 9:39 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
liIy
i feel like i could be helpful for your server, but i'm just not allowed on minecraft server. sorry! good luck though!
09/01/2019 7:30 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I would suggest that you care for the 5-6 players you already have. Usually the best way to find more people like them, is for them to invite friends to the server. At the same time: Yes, kids and such can be extremly annoying, but they can also be quite useful in getting a bigger and stable playerbase.

From my experience, then running a server with mature people will eventually bore or scare the annoying kids away. It may take some time, but if don't pay attention to them, then they seem to do 1 of two things:
1 - They leave the server and will no longer be your problem
2 - They realize that they like the server, and to stay they either have to be more mature, or cut down in the annoyance.

This method has at least worked quite well for me when creating a community where we have a range of mature players from ages 7 to 24 :)
09/01/2019 8:35 amhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
However those "annoying" kids can become malicious and destroy everything like in the server 2b2t.
And then they'll leave meaning its a win-loss
09/01/2019 11:24 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
An area protection plugin could fix that :)
09/02/2019 4:08 am
HoboMaggot
Yes but in community trusting, mature-people only servers, i'm pretty sure everyone is trustable enough to edit a bit of spawn and stuff like that.
09/01/2019 5:49 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
FrumosUniverse
It's really hard to find good, experienced players that even would be wanting to join your server. I don't really have a clue except to add one person on at a time and do very frequent backups.
09/01/2019 5:42 am
HoboMaggot
Its generally hard to find adults/mature teens playing minecraft in the first place, they have other games to play.
Some of the remaining players reside in big or private servers and others might be in the mc discord.

Most of Minecraft's audience are kids, so you'll still have a hard time even if you use all the solutions at your disposal
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome