// RELEASED - MCSmashBros //

Mrgreen33gamer's Avatar Mrgreen33gamer4/9/20 2:29 am history
4/17/2020 6:37 pm
Mrgreen33gamer's Avatar Mrgreen33gamer

Hello PMC Community,

In the passed, I have owned and coded several Minecraft servers, and I've noticed Minecraft has gained some traction again. I need the community's feedback on this server idea before I can carry out the major pieces of the server.

MINECRAFT SUPER SMASH BROS

Although this server idea has been created before, it hasn't been seen since McPVP, which is an old Minecraft community server that brought a lot of professional PVPers together.

I've already coded the main game concepts for the servers as we speak, I just want to get some fellow Minecrafters feedback on the idea.

Here are the main concepts for the server:

* Each player picks a kit (e.i. Yoshi or Bowser)
* There are 6 players per session and 3 rounds each game.
* You can prestige each class
* There are special abilities during map gameplay (Like the Hammer)
* In-game currency is called Power (₱)
--- Power can:
- Prestige a class
- Unlock special abilities
- Open special crates

** There are plenty of ideas written down on paper but I shouldn't release them all ;) **

Now keep in mind, a lot of servers are HEAVILY Pay2Win. My goal is to create a community that can compete fairly without the overpowering use of in-game bought cosmetics (e.i. Ranks). I want, both, ranked and default players to have an advantage to winning matches, earning power, and getting to those cash prizes fairly.

==========================
HERE IS THE KICKER:
There will be real-money rewards! Upon starting the server, the cash rewards will be lower. Winners are chosen based off of total Match Wins.
For instance:
1st Place: $50
2nd Place: $25
3rd Place: $15

Once the server gains some traction, players and community support, I want to definitely give back to the server by:
  • Increasing Cash-Rewards
  • Creating different GameModes
  • Player suggestions across the server
  • Custom player submitted maps

SEASONS:

Like many servers such as Factions, there are seasons every 4-8 weeks, and a new theme is brought to the server.
For this server, I want to have 1 season every month. Giving every player a chance to start from the ground and work towards those cash prizes. There could possibly be different themed spawns and themed maps.

I'm working with 2 other people to gain some ideas for the server and continue to feed different ways to make the server both enjoyable for players that want the slight advantaged, and for those who play from the grey rank!

The decision of the server relies on everyone's VOTE! So please, take a vote, don't vote yes just because the concept sounds interesting, vote based off of if players would actually enjoy this type of GameMode or a community that tailors to paying individuals and non-paying individuals. And if you vote no, give me some feedback! Maybe the GameMode is missing something that I don't see. Again why I've come here to ask of you beautiful block placers.

Happy Minecrafting!

~Greeny
Mrgreen33gamer
Level 8 : Apprentice Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/09/2020 2:41 am
Level 1 : New Miner
RainnemV
This sounds like a very cool idea!
04/09/2020 2:45 pm
Mrgreen33gamer
'Preciate that bro <3
04/09/2020 2:55 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Crafter
Beef_
Go for it
04/09/2020 3:03 pm
Mrgreen33gamer
Have you ever played something like this before? Ik I haven't touched a server like this since 7-8 years ago.
04/10/2020 4:26 pmhistory
Level 4 : Apprentice System
JavaMR
I'm not sure if actual cash prizes would work. It might give a higher incentive for script kiddies (people who use hacks) to cheat to get an advantage. If you've got a good anti-cheat, this might not be as much as a problem, but it's something to think about.

I think the gamemode itself is an awesome idea, by the way!
04/10/2020 10:25 pm
Mrgreen33gamer
Ahh yes I've given this some consideration. I have some code from my previous servers that target these hacking kiddos ;). Thanks for the feedback !
04/10/2020 10:54 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Imposter
StaticNCogs
Yes you should definitely make the server is sounds so cool and I would play it, it seems like a great idea it is also unique and making it not pay to win is a good idea because it allows people to escape all the money hungry pay to win servers I would probably find a way to donate even though there is no rewards to donating!
04/11/2020 10:00 pm
Mrgreen33gamer
Precisely! I've played Minecraft servers here and there mainly Factions, they just tailor too much to the people who pay.
04/14/2020 1:58 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
FriendlyMC
Awesome idea pal, good luck!
04/16/2020 8:45 pm
Mrgreen33gamer
Preciate that brodie
04/14/2020 2:12 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Architect
Devons_Desk
This server would likely require massive infrastructure of staff and advertising. If you can pull that off, it could easily be a massively popular server. But without that, I can see it crashing and burning, going negative. Good luck, though. Seems interesting.
04/16/2020 8:44 pm
Mrgreen33gamer
I plan on pre-releasing the server this Saturday night and allowing only very few people to test the server, and getting player feedback from there. It's actually coming along very well now. I've created nearly everything except for the player cosmetics which is a major part for ranks
04/17/2020 4:23 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dolphin
SireWhiteKnight
I think if done correctly and worked right. This could be a game changing server.
04/17/2020 6:37 pm
Mrgreen33gamer
Working on it boss, check back on this post for the IP address, I'm releasing a beta version of this server that'll only allow 5 players to play the server so I can monitor how my code and how the server processes a full 24 hours of player engagement.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome