I need help with growing a community

Dooope's Avatar Dooope3/27/17 10:53 am
1 emeralds 265 2
3/28/2017 1:37 am
Seivelath's Avatar Seivelath
deration before being displayed publicly.
Dooope
Hi,
so I and my friend created a server with 1GB ram, we plan to upgrade this in the future.
Our server is based around Skyblock and PVP.

We have a developer who codes custom plugins for us, which we test and approve.

I recently advertised my server on a few websites. For example; (Ad link removed) , minecraftserverlist.com
ETC

When we launched, we had around 18/25 players online, as well as some new moderators who are very active.

After that day, the player count slowly decreased, it went from 18 players to 6.

I then advertised on more server list websites, still no result.

We DO have custom plugins, and try to make the server fun for everyone! Our staff are active.

I need help and tips on keeping a mainly normal player base.
Dooope
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/28/2017 1:37 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
OtakuMC

That is your issue.

There are like 9,000,000 PvP SkyBlock servers. Be original.

This is basically the TL;DR of the issue really, if you want a community, you need something to initially draw in members.

While this can be done with game modes that are extremely common such as PvP and sky block servers. However, this is extremely difficult, since there is such a range of different servers that run these game modes, it becomes very difficult to be able to create a good "gimmick" to attract members to the community. Even if the gimmick is superficial to the overall gameplay, you need to have some sort of mechanism to initially attract players, just like any business really. If there is nothing to draw you, why bother changing what you already do?
03/28/2017 12:50 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
OtakuMC

That is your issue.

There are like 9,000,000 PvP SkyBlock servers. Be oringinal.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome