Need ideas to spice up a server...

riri2644's Avatar riri26441/31/14 5:13 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 12
1/31/2014 6:22 pm
riri2644's Avatar riri2644
So. I've had a server running since August 2013, and let me say it... it's practically dead the way it is. I'm trying to think of ideas (simple ones for now as my time for the next month will be dedicated partially to getting ready to move) as to what I can make it into to bring players in and let them enjoy the server, and want to come back again and again. I've been thinking along the lines of survival, but I'd also like to add something else in that regard to make it stand out- like some servers have a cool plugin that adds custom mobs or such to enhance the game almost like a mod would to singleplayer...

Basically, if you guys have any cool ideas that may draw interest, leave it in a comment! Another thing; I kinda want to get stuff going for donations, which I would use soley to help pay for or expand the server... If you have ideas for tiers for such, put those down too! Thanks in advance!
riri2644
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/31/2014 6:22 pm
riri2644
Well, I'm gonna just do what I've been doing along with reading comments on this forum- browse thru plugins until one really jumps out saying, "USE ME! USE ME!!!"
:3
01/31/2014 6:04 pm
Level 23 : Expert Scribe
Disregard
Maybe do something like Jousting, When 2 players ride a mine cart up and down a track and have them have Iron Armor and A Iron Sword?
01/31/2014 6:01 pm
riri2644
n8mo, I agree- I want to do something different... My thing is i'm trying to reach out to this community to see what they may want... Is there something they wish someone would do? A mix of plugins they'd like to see used together that may be pretty dang fun or challenging? Instead, I'm getting generic stuff... some of which I may still use down the line as there are people who like pvp, or minigames (idk if I will do many of these if I do any later on). If you had any ideas, please let me know...
01/31/2014 5:57 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
All of the ideas above are very generic and can be found on about 75% of servers you join, so they won't get you anywhere.

Do something new, something revolutionary, something awe-inspiring. At very least, don't do something that most servers have, don't do hunger-games, kit-PvP, or mobArena, almost every Factions/Raid server has them.

Use less common plugins, setting up a server is one of the times it's okay to be hipster and different.

I understand I've not been one to help decide what to get, but I'd definitely like to help you decide what NOT to get.
01/31/2014 5:55 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior
philpres2
Get a plugin made where you can craft a boost stick; if your going to have survival.
01/31/2014 5:40 pm
riri2644
Sounds cool
01/31/2014 5:38 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
Maybe host events like PvP tournaments or drop parties for special events. I would play your server but I don't like plain survival or PvP, I have had bad experiences with them.
01/31/2014 5:29 pm
riri2644
Once again, another idea I may try and add when I have time :3 I want to let people PvP each other if they choose (will have anti- combat log plugins for that bit), but a totally enclosed area to do that in would be cool too- and maybe even later on, do team pvp stuff? *kinda getting some creative juices going here :3*
01/31/2014 5:24 pm
Level 20 : Expert Ninja
XXpixXX
Small PVP mini games.
Like with classes. And donators would be able to choose donator only classes
BUT DONT MAKE THEM TOO OP!
If you plan on making the donator only classes VERY strong I suggest that you make donator only arenas for them to use them in.
01/31/2014 5:24 pm
riri2644
I think, if I do add creative back in (that's all the server was before, and trust me, all you get is griefers if it's flat/terrain...), It would be plots... I also want to add minigames, but that may be in the future when I have more time to play around with the configs/maps/wahtever you need to to make those work (at the moment, as i said initially, I am trying to get ready to move in early March, so part of my time will be dedicated to that for a while). MA would be cool, so maybe I'll start with that :3

Another thing: Would there be any fun plugins to add to make things more interesting? I've noticed servers that are just plain survival get boring fast, even if you have other people to team with or fight against...
01/31/2014 5:19 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
TheGabbeh
Creative, PlotMe, Minigames, and maybe some PvP and SkyWars and Hunger Games, Players LOVE Hunger Games and SkyWars.
01/31/2014 5:16 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pixel Painter
ImJohn
Plots, KitPvP, Mobarenas and spleef!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome