forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Discussion

I need your opinion about todays pvp servers.

1 emerald8 replies220 views
created 07/01/2016 2:37 am by LuisHolguin
last reply 07/01/2016 2:57 pm
Hello,
Well as you can see in the title I need your opinions and answers of this question: Do you think servers without god apples, tnt, op enchantments (protection IV, Sharpness V, etc.) or op potions (Strength II) suck?
I'm a Minecraft PvP player, and I hate servers with that features (almost 99.99% today's minecraft pvp servers.
I haven't found a server with at least 10 players that have god apples nerfed, low enchantments, no explosions or at least obsidian not breakable.
Like kids today only like servers where you join and you have 5 sets of protection X armor, 2 stacks of obby, 4 stacks of tnt, creeper eggs, 30 blocks of diamonds and 10 stacks of god apples. Why is that?
I'm getting bored about Minecraft because the multiplayer fun I like is that way.
Also I've been thinking in opening a pvp server; a real PVP server. Where diamonds are hard to find, you will have to use regeneration and health potions to survive fights. Where you don't XRay a spawner, set up an exp farm and grind 10 sets of Protection IV Unbreaking III sets. Instead you have to mine a lot to find that hard and hidden diamonds, and when you finally get your diamond armour, you will only be able to enchant it to protection II and get your sharpness II sword.
A server where the players that worked harder and are skilled enough will shine, since they won't get slam neither by the older or donnor players with 20 "god" sets and 10 stacks of god apples already. You can join and kill anybody, since you won't be fighting against a player with protection IV with your iron set. There won't be big shops where you can get everything (spawners, ores, valuable stuff). You will have to explore to find them, or buy them from another player.
There won't be players with 50 iron golem spawners grinders.
I could keep talking and listing features, but todays servers/pvp players stick to "OP" servers and I'm afraid of starting a new server and getting 0 players.
I need your opinion. What do you think?

Thank you for reading
Byee-
Posted by avatar
LuisHolguin
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

8 replies

07/01/2016 2:57 pm
Level 73 : Legendary Pixel Puncher
Hunajameloni
In my opinion today's PvP servers are bad, because they are Pay To Win or "Play To Win".
Where the new players are suffering. I love classical minigames because you can just hop on server and be as good as everybody else, but in these PvP servers you come in contact with people who have way better gear and you stand no chance. These are the reasons why I never join PvP servers, they ain't fun.

I think God Apples and op food needs to go, and potions should be only source of HP or powers, but everyone should have access to these potions fairly easily.

If you make server where new players have fun immediately, they will stay and everyone is happy. To reward people who show dedication, give them something they can progress on that is not taking from new players, like achievements, leveling to show skill, or cosmetics and maybe skill level locked maps?
07/01/2016 2:28 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
doktormorris
i have not stepped my foot on a pvp server since 2013 sometime. i dont remember if a plugin was released that every server started using, or if it was a change in an update, or if i just lost interest cause of what you said, donators insta tping to ye and kill you in one hit. but do open up that server, ill defo check it out
07/01/2016 8:19 am
Level 1 : New Miner
gamerbosss
i want to play psn:jetman215
07/01/2016 2:09 pm
Level 27 : Expert Nerd
Filip96
i think we are talking about the PC platform not ps
07/01/2016 8:16 am
Level 39 : Artisan Cowboy
usa
I personally think the automation of everything in minecraft (using spawners as farms, exploiting villagers for iron, etc, etc) is what makes survival in general so un-fun. the game is just too easy now.
07/01/2016 3:45 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
darthvaderlol
Add my skype, mgproductions2, and we can discuss your server. I'm currently developing a server and I'm interested in the way you think about servers. Maybe we can do something together? Anyways if ur interested msg me
07/01/2016 3:39 am
Level 27 : Expert Nerd
Filip96
Pay the rent for a server and hire me as your plugin dev, I know the exact plugins to do this
07/01/2016 3:24 am
Level 21 : Expert Cake
Halorules555
PvP servers are too mainstream. Can't we just play Minecraft normally with our friends?

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome