New server - looking for ideas!

AuzziPuppy's Avatar AuzziPuppy9/12/19 9:51 pm
2 emeralds 186 9
10/5/2019 5:29 pm
AuzziPuppy's Avatar AuzziPuppy
Hey everyone,
I have been working on a custom SMP server and thinking about releasing it to the public, but I am curious if there is any plugins or ideas anyone has that sounds interesting?

I currently have things from custom enchantments, weighted fishing, plenty of custom builds, custom menus and gui's, and a bunch more.

I just would like to hear what you guys have to say, and if there is anything you'd like to see?

Cheers
AuzziPuppy
Level 4 : Apprentice Llama

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/01/2019 7:49 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
InfamousArgyle
Are you looking to build a production server to generate income, or are you just trying to curate a fun community? That's not saying you can't do both, but which of these is more important to you? I just want a feel for what you're trying to achieve because that will change the answers you get from me.
10/05/2019 5:29 pm
AuzziPuppy
Fun community. The income is just going to go to building the server up anyway. :P
09/24/2019 11:40 pmhistory
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
angelkiwi
Ranks earned by playtime rather than money are always a nice touch :) (Of course, if you're planning on making money off this, then make sure those ranks earned don't compete with your moneymakers, but things as simple as multiple /sethomes can go a long way ;) )
When I go onto an SMP I look at a few things to determine whether or not I stay;

[] How do they handle Elytra distribution? Is there a server shop, and how much do those things cost compared to how hard is it to grind for said cash?
[] Do they have a land claim or other anti-griefing plugin? What are their policies on griefing and stealing?

[] Do I have the ability to teleport my friends to myself? It might seem standard, but some of the best servers I went on had no teleport function and I had to walk the 15k+ blocks away from spawn there and back again...just so I could play with my friends.

[] Is keepinventory on or off?
[] How easily available is the information to the world around me? How easy is it for me to know what I need to do? Do they have a tutorial or helpful /help command I can use to easily find information?
[] What is the overall staff and server atmosphere like? Sarcastic, clique-y or overly cold staff members make me uncomfortable in a server almost immediately. Conversely, staff members that are too clingy and too helpful [ to the point of trying to force you one way or another ] is also a turn off. Friendliness is nice, but hovering isn't!
[] How often does the owner play? An active owner on a server makes me much more comfortable than an absentee owner that I'd be lucky to see once a month.

[] Edited: I forgot to add, unless rules are explicitly stated to ban things such as homophobia, racism, sexism, etc. aren't stated clearly, I'm very tentative to stay on a server!
10/01/2019 7:21 pm
AuzziPuppy
I can agree to this! I will be sure to read back as I fix everything up.
Very helpful, thank you!
09/25/2019 3:08 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dolphin
SireWhiteKnight
Defiantly agree.
09/17/2019 10:45 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dolphin
SireWhiteKnight
People really like random teleport warps.
09/24/2019 11:00 pm
AuzziPuppy
I do agree! I will probably have /rtp :)
09/13/2019 4:27 am
Level 42 : Master Zombie
EmpathyHeals
One idea is a RankUp plugin that allows your players to rank up by doing different things.
09/14/2019 10:02 pm
AuzziPuppy
I like that!!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome