Pause Glitch. Quite creepy.

mcevan14's Avatar mcevan144/13/13 8:57 pm
4/28/2013 9:41 am
Gameboy840's Avatar Gameboy840
Okay. Here we go. I was building a house on superflat with the default preset. I paused the game to go downstairs to help my parents with a favor. I forget what it was. anyways, I forgot that Minecraft was still open and paused on my computer. It was open for...I don't know...36 hours. Don't be mad at me for forgetting for so long. Anyways, I just got back on today and remembered "Hey, I forgot Minecraft was still up!" and... when I unpaused...There was fire all around me. My house wasn't on fire, though. There are so many reasons why this couldn't have happened naturally. I will now list them.
1) I did /gamerule doFireTick false because there was a fireplace in my WOODEN house. (Note: doFireTick is the game rule that determines whether or not fire spreads, in case you didn't know.)
2) It was paused, so obviously it wasn't me.
3) My world wasn't open to LAN.
4) In addition to number 3, nobody in my house even LIKES minecraft, let alone has it on a different computer.
5) Even if there WAS a mega glitch which ignored the doFireTick rule, as well as bypassed the paused status of the game, there was nothing on the ground that could have caught on fire. What I mean by this, there was no tall grass or trees or ANYTHING.
If somebody could PLEASE explain this strange occurrence, I would be very happy.
Thanks. Happy mining.

-MCE
mcevan14
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/28/2013 9:41 am
Level 31 : Artisan Lego Builder
Gameboy840
While it was paused, there was most likely a storm. Lightning struck a piece of grass or a tree or something and caused a large fire. This caused everything flammable to burn down, therefore explaining the lack of flammable objects around you. Also, if you had a nether portal, Blazes can come through them now.
04/24/2013 12:19 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
DSasaki
mcevan14Okay. Here we go. I was building a house on superflat with the default preset. I paused the game to go downstairs to help my parents with a favor. I forget what it was. anyways, I forgot that Minecraft was still open and paused on my computer. It was open for...I don't know...36 hours. Don't be mad at me for forgetting for so long. Anyways, I just got back on today and remembered "Hey, I forgot Minecraft was still up!" and... when I unpaused...There was fire all around me. My house wasn't on fire, though. There are so many reasons why this couldn't have happened naturally. I will now list them.
1) I did /gamerule doFireTick false because there was a fireplace in my WOODEN house. (Note: doFireTick is the game rule that determines whether or not fire spreads, in case you didn't know.)
2) It was paused, so obviously it wasn't me.
3) My world wasn't open to LAN.
4) In addition to number 3, nobody in my house even LIKES minecraft, let alone has it on a different computer.
5) Even if there WAS a mega glitch which ignored the doFireTick rule, as well as bypassed the paused status of the game, there was nothing on the ground that could have caught on fire. What I mean by this, there was no tall grass or trees or ANYTHING.
If somebody could PLEASE explain this strange occurrence, I would be very happy.
Thanks. Happy mining.

-MCE

Lightning is the best answer plus /gamerule doFireTick false
makes the fire never go out even when you light up a grass block the fire never goes out (until you put water on it or try to put the fire out)
04/22/2013 6:43 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Cipherus
Lightning?
04/22/2013 4:52 am
Level 21 : Expert Lumberjack
Aeons
I'd say that there was a major glitch. Next time remember that it's still open.
04/22/2013 3:34 am
Level 1 : New Miner
WatchMyStun
I confess I did it.
04/21/2013 3:31 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
sage379
What version was it?
04/19/2013 2:43 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
oldaccount10101
I think that it glitched really bad. I have had the game run even though I was on pause before, dunno why. And I also have had the doFireTick gamerule glitch out n me also/
04/18/2013 7:30 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Hunter
mnspoonmc
^^^
What he said.
04/18/2013 4:16 am
Level 32 : Artisan Button Pusher
Zoralink
Ooh. Spooky. But hopefully this thread won't get filled up with people saying "HURR ITZ HEROBRINE NOOB!!1!@1!"

I have no idea. But it's a cool story...
04/17/2013 10:05 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Hunter
mnspoonmc
Weird...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome