forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Discussion

Do people buy players?

1 emerald11 replies374 views
created 02/25/2015 8:39 pm by punkcraft1
last reply 02/26/2015 1:29 am
Do people buy players?
I haven't had luck with advertizing!~
Any suggestions people??
My server is of but never could get 50 people on, its active, just never got big.
Any suggestions people??
-snip-
~PuNk
Posted by avatar
punkcraft1
Level 14 : Journeyman Caveman

11 replies

02/26/2015 1:29 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Hunter
bigf
No that's just dumb

Half the time big servers are owned by big YouTubers so yeah
02/26/2015 12:55 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
SheedoPlayz
Yes, you can buy players. Pay me and I'll play on your server all day all night like crazy
02/25/2015 9:41 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
I'm going to say something contradictory to a few of the other comments here:
Advertise honestly
I can tell you that me and a large amount of other players leave servers immediately if we find they were making something up in their ad. There's no "OH well I've seen them now and they're pretty good so maaaayyyybe I'll give them a chance"
no
it goes more like "ah they don't have what they said they have. cya"
because if they don't have that one thing advertised, who knows what else they don't have or do have that you won't like
02/25/2015 10:50 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Architect
EmpathyHeals
Exactly. It's best to grow with your community. Don't put up a fake front from a build team you hired that has nothing to do with your server. Recognize talent and promote it from within; notice people who build well and encourage them to build other things for the server, like spawns and public areas. Also, be mature and professional when you deal with people. If you're childish, immature, have poor communication skills, etc. then people won't hang around. In those instances it is too likely that power will be given to others who are immature and used unfairly for the amusement of the staff. Being stable is also important; don't change things all the time or give poor notice. Don't push things on people either and organize well. A lot of times people put the cart before the horse here - they have no good plan for projects or roles but they promote a bunch of staff and expect order and organization to come out of it. So organize first, then be stable, then be honest. People who like what you offer will stay if you offer it consistently and respectfully. If you try to make everyone happy though, impress immediately, or "buy" folks then it's easy to trip over your own feet.

Good luck!
02/25/2015 10:02 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
daytdog
Nice job, that was your 1,000th post. :3
02/25/2015 9:29 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
You cant really buy players, high quality/customized plugins, and a variety of things is what will bring a player in. Dont just offer one of those fake "unique" experiences with a simple kit pvp plugin, factions, etc. (not sure what your server offers) You also would need a way to get your server out there, maybe a voting reward to move up on the pmc list, or buy an advertisement on the side of the website?
02/25/2015 9:01 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
I'm confused just reading these comments
02/25/2015 9:22 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
ME1312
^ same
02/25/2015 8:55 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Smokey_Death
Lets say if I was able to sell players they wouldnt actualy be players they would be (bots) "if" I was able to I would able to do up to 100+ If you get where I'm flowing...
02/25/2015 8:54 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
nammerbom
are you trying to ask if people pay other people to play on their server?

That is the most absurd thing I have heard all day
02/25/2015 8:47 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
illdeletethis
no, people work on offering what players are interested in

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome