Question - Can players do chargebacks

TehPro_'s Avatar TehPro_4/10/15 11:01 pm
4/12/2015 3:04 pm
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
The reason i am asking this question is because on my server a donator that wanted to become staff had asked me if his application had been read (many times) I told him to stop asking and he said 'im withdrawing that money from paypal then'

He donated money and buycraft (hence the name) gave him the rank automatically as a reward. Can people chargeback if it was a reward and not buying

Here's Proof:
-snip-
TehPro_
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/12/2015 3:04 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
TheOneCryoI had about 5-7 chargebacks so far and have won all of them with the water proof Terms of Conditions.

That's the best defence you have, to be honest.

What?
04/12/2015 2:55 pm
Level 1 : New Network
TheOneCryo
I had about 5-7 chargebacks so far and have won all of them with the water proof Terms of Conditions.

That's the best defence you have, to be honest.
04/11/2015 5:10 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
also he was actually trying to bribe and your allowed to take the money even if you dont give them it if you say you accept the money but not the bribe basicly

EDIT: i think people are reading the post name and thinking "yeah players can charge back the money" but the actual question is should the player get the money because they tried to bribe and it didnt work but they dont deserver it back
04/11/2015 5:03 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Without a no-refund policy? Probably could, which is why you should get one pretty fast.

You can repay him by banning his buttocks off the server and your site, along with his Ip and anything else of his you can ban. If he has a dog (wolf), ban it too.

I'm just glad you didn't let him buy the staff rank. That is the worst donation policy.
04/11/2015 4:44 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Button Pusher
SleepyDog
This is a complicated topic. As long as you can prove that he got the goods that you have given him he cannot charge back. However if you did not include the no-refund policy in your terms then can can request a refund and if you do not comply he can open a report with paypal.

To prevent further problems I would keep any donations in your paypal account for atleast a month. This is the length of time that paypal will accept a case. (15 days is the shortest i would reccomend)

I would also speak to an online lawyer. They can help you get the terms correct and stop anyone exploiting the policy.

You can also buy protection via your paypal account or via buycraft.

Remember that if you have a card linked with your paypal account and he charges back paypal will charge your bank account. If you do not have this money on your card you could be put into overdraft.

The best thing to do is make sure you respect the users and give them what they request. Don't make your donations too high and get your terms correct.

Be sure to keep a record of him threataing to charge back for no reason. This will get paypal on your side and keep him from charging back.
04/11/2015 3:01 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Network
Darthmineboy
Paypal will almost always side with the customer.

So if a person opens a chargeback, you are better off with paying back the money. Because if you fight the chargeback, you will most likely be left with a 20$ fee.
04/11/2015 4:23 pm
Leeberator
It'd be really hard to win a chargeback if the person you bought from had a strict no-refund policy that you had to agree to before purchase.
04/11/2015 8:43 am
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
If he charges back, ban him. Have Buycraft automatically ban people who chargeback.
04/11/2015 2:48 pm
Leeberator
Can you do that with the free plan?
04/11/2015 4:46 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Button Pusher
SleepyDog
You can ban people with the free plan but you can have it block people who have charged back in the past from accessing your site.
04/11/2015 10:12 pm
Leeberator
Thanks!
04/11/2015 8:01 am
Leeberator
Nothing's stopping you from banning him if he does do a chargeback.
04/10/2015 11:54 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
if he payed just for staff after giving you a staff application that you kept denying then take it and theyll actually learn and just message then this: "great job at succeeding in your (put the amount they paid here) lesson, your the best student at learning to not pay unless the owner actually accepts the application, oh wait nevermind the results came in and you failed the test, if you want to try again then go try griefing another server, have a good day!" and if theyre smart theyll learn because its their fault for paying if you dont want to accept their application or even check it due to them spamming at you or whatever so id ban them for around 3 days with the message i told you to send them k
04/10/2015 11:28 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
They can, if you don't have a no-refund thing, anyways, I wouldn't want someone like that having a position of power on any server, even donator. However, if he does withdraw it, you have all permission to take away his rank, and if he happens to be breaking of rule of disrespecting staff, temp-ban or ban him.
04/10/2015 11:04 pm
Leeberator
He can if your terms of purchase did not include a no-refund policy.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome