Server concept/development - What would you play on?

Kaziimir's Avatar Kaziimir3/9/19 2:02 am
6/13/2019 12:44 pm
MrDementorFace's Avatar MrDementorFace
Hello fellow minecrafters!

Now while this might not interest many of you I am looking to make a new minecraft server! You can check my account and see i've run servers in the past (listed in my profile on this account) and other servers that turned out to be quite good! Most of my servers have lasted a long time but due to just life and schedules I had to stop playing minecraft and step away from it. Having some time again and looking to get back into i'm creating a new server!

The point of this thread is I am hoping to find out what will interest people playing classic survival server. And while doing so I will be developing the server. I'll post updates to this thread as well as a live blog post that when ready i'll attach a link here.

Previously I have run both towny and faction servers separately. But personally I have always favored the more organized system that towny has provided. Being able to control the town with certain plots for residents and such was very cool. The tax system worked well because players who didn't play anymore would make it so their town would be removed. Factions was always a bit more chaotic and attracted griefers and such, which I thought should be allowed if you're going to have a factions server anyway.

Please feel free to let the comments flow and give your input of what you liked. Towny or Factions? (neither if you hate both lol).

Other ideas for a good survival server are welcome!

- SluffTurtle
Kaziimir
Level 18 : Journeyman Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/13/2019 12:43 pm
Level 21 : Expert Geek
MrDementorFace
A Medieval Townie server would be very cool and fun to play in my opinion!
06/13/2019 12:44 pm
Level 21 : Expert Geek
MrDementorFace
Sorry bout this didn't realize that server was complete :)
Sounds cool I'll check it out
04/17/2019 5:15 pm
Kaziimir
So after a lot of work. This server is now LIVE! It is currently featuring some quests, jobs (so players can make money), and towns so players can join together and make cities! If you want to hop on and join this is our IP:

play.villemc.com:25585

Hope to see you on!
03/30/2019 6:37 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
I like anarchy servers
03/30/2019 3:37 pm
Level 23 : Expert Ninja
XyzioN
RPG servers that use plugins like Magic Spells, Mcmmo, Rpg items, Mythic Mobs
03/31/2019 5:36 pm
Kaziimir
I have thought about adding quest lines into the server. I was and am still very much in love with the game runescape and loved the structure they had for quests and am thinking of adding something similar into the server! But mostly I want to add bosses, things for the players to find and kill in the server!
03/31/2019 6:56 am
Level 46 : Master Architect
Isz
Same. I only check out pure rpg servers, with no survival.
There's thousands of towny and faction servers but hardly any pure rpg questing servers.
03/31/2019 5:37 pm
Kaziimir
I love the idea of having RPG but I also think survival is pretty key in RPG servers. I think Towny is not used properly by MANY servers and missing out on key features. Like the war feature in towny. Being apart of towns I think gives players a sense of responsibility to their town. And it can easily be integrated into a RPG style server. Thanks for the input!
06/13/2019 11:43 am
Level 23 : Expert Ninja
XyzioN
Ill definitely check out your server when my internet goes back online, Im also working on an rpg server using magic spells and its amazing so far, we have 60 classes to choose from and they each START with 3 unique abilities used in pvp/pve/rp
03/16/2019 12:39 amhistory
Kaziimir

So the development is doing quite good. This is a picture of the spawn right now. Obviously needs quite a bit of work still!

I post most updates of the server under the servers blog post at [url=<a href=]www.planetminecraft.com/blog/the-minecraft-server-3338741/[/url]

Feel free to leave comments and suggestions there!
03/11/2019 1:43 amhistory
Kaziimir
Started a blog to go along with this thread I have here. Take a look at it! Link: www.planetminecraft.com/blog/the-minecraft-server-3338741/

Appreciate the support it has gotten so far! Featured! Very exciting! Feel free to diamond and favorite it!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome