Should I make a Texture Pack?

fase's Avatar fase11/25/13 1:38 am
1 emeralds 137 2
11/25/2013 2:02 am
insomniac_lemon's Avatar insomniac_lemon
Hey guys! Phase here with a question....

Should I make a texture pack?

Here are some images of my work:

fase
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2013 2:02 am
Level 39 : Artisan Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
If you're asking, no.

However, if you *WANT* to make a resource pack, either for the art or pack itself, do it. Self-betterment, wanting a project (if this sort of thing you find fun), wanting something personal, exploring art and new ideas are all really good reasons to start a pack. If other people "think" you should, or because you *can* are not really good reasons.

BUT BE WARNED:
A resource pack is NOT a simple task. If you think you're going to make something good in a few hours, think again and don't even start. If you think everyone is going to like it after weeks of work, you'd still be sadly disappointed.

No matter how much work you put into it, or how unique your work is, it takes even more effort, and especially TIME and attention to get a user base. If you can't be flashy and make something that appeals to the uncultured masses, especially for 16x or 32x, you'll most likely be one of the few users using your work, and the ONLY one that can appreciate it on a high level.

An IMMENSE amount of work is needed to go into a good pack. It's extremely time consuming, so that's something you need to think about if you already have a job, classes, or other hobbies.

Also: Don't expect to get much feedback, especially on this site.
11/25/2013 1:42 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
ClaxCat
yup, do it
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome