Should Minecraft be about conquest or survival

AllNumbers's Avatar AllNumbers2/22/20 1:23 am history
3/18/2020 3:52 pm
Culpeo's Avatar Culpeo
Conquest:Beating bosses and becoming more powerful
Survival:Surviving (a little more focus on building)
I think Minecraft should stay the same and be about survival but right now its bad at both the ender dragon and wither are terrible boss fights strip mining on y11 is not fun. For survival beds make it way to easy and the addition of phantoms forces you to use them.
Both would still have creative

Poll ended 03/23/2020 1:23 am.

AllNumbers
Level 8 : Apprentice Peacock

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/18/2020 3:52 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Enchanter
Culpeo
I feel like those definitions are not completely accurate.
03/02/2020 6:55 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Zip_Z
I believe there should be a balance of both.

As it sits, there is not a single way to play Minecraft wrong, and that's the beauty of it to me.

You can load into a world, grind out the bosses and finish the achievements (all of the plotted objective based things in the game), then close it and feel satisfied that you "won". Or you can load into a world and focus on building, surviving, and design. OR really any level of being more one way then the other (survival or objective based).

There is no wrong way to play the game, it is meant to be a sandbox for creativity and imagination. You can actually do anything in Minecraft. And if it isn't in the base game, there are always mods you can find or make yourself to create it to be what you want.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. :P
03/13/2020 7:23 pm
Level 44 : Master Waffle
Whiteout-
Me: *builds house with open windows, no roof and no door*

i played minecraft wrong woo
03/01/2020 1:11 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
zidders
I like the game modes as they are.
03/01/2020 11:20 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Princess
Triangulum598
honestly I agree. people claim that the wither is hard but you can just farm them using an exploit with the bedrock portal structure in the end as shown in ssundee's hardcore survival run, so really it's just a joke. both bosses need complete reworks for it to be fun and challenging.

and yeah, stripmines at y=11 isn't all that fun... for untouched vanilla gameplay. some servers have special ways of reworking ore spawn rates, and some could, in theory with datapacks, add in more tiers of tools, such as emerald tools, giving emeralds more of a use outside of paying for 2 blocks of dirt. that issue can be fixed by someone that is more advanced/skilled at modifying the game...\

...well both of them could be but one is easier than the other.
03/01/2020 10:53 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
leangreen76
Survival, but I don't think we need a gazillion Mob bosses like the current Elder Guardians, Withers, Enderdragon, it's not a 2D platformer. I don't have answer as to how - creepers are creepers, skeletons have been nerfed to super shots and strafing over the years etc. Phantoms and drowned are a start despite however the former might be hated by many. (I'll argue 1 night's sleep is worth it/work or mine indoors/or just arm yourself. I have no sympathy for those that just whine and cry about Phantoms.)
02/24/2020 3:46 am
Level 32 : Artisan Magical Boy
Arsham81SHAE
Now why should it be Minecraft Conquest? If something like Survival were to come, Minecraft wouldn't be popular right now.
It would be ridiculous like those Rpg games.
02/24/2020 3:37 am
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
knavereddy
someone watched a video
02/23/2020 1:05 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
02/24/2020 2:21 am
Level 1 : New Miner
L0n3_F0x
Yikes, this duuuuuuude
02/23/2020 1:13 am
AllNumbers
No u
02/23/2020 10:14 pm
AllNumbers
Now I was your video you're the real skeppy
02/22/2020 4:38 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
ToiletPaperStudios
HMMM

good question

personally, I have a Lord of the Rings Minecraft mod playthrough, and I enjoy the variety, because it mixes surviving and conquest together.
So I've gotten kinda sick of the generic survival aspect of Minecraft,

So I VOTE THAT TRUMP IS AN AIRHEAD

I actually voted for conquest.
03/01/2020 11:24 am
Triangulum598
he cares too much about borders, let way too many plants shut down in favor of jobs in china, and is being too risky with external affairs. I also voted conquest so we agree on two things.
02/22/2020 4:27 pm
Level 48 : Master Necromancer
GoggleD0GG
I always find the endless hunger for power entertaining. Conquest gives me a feeling of being unstoppable.
02/22/2020 5:02 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
NowoCraft
In my view, you missed the creative option. Some people just like to build stuff. I know I do :)
02/22/2020 12:38 pm
AllNumbers
Both would have a creative option
02/22/2020 4:13 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
NowoCraft
But isn't survival diametrically opposite to creative? Unless cheats are used in survival, but that's probably missing the point a little.
03/01/2020 11:22 am
Triangulum598
yeah that didn't make sense to me either, like I thought we were talking about survival minecraft not creative.

or maybe he's one of those people that roleplay in creative

I used to be like that

...I was a weird kid
03/13/2020 7:24 pm
Level 44 : Master Waffle
Whiteout-
*tries to mine in creative*

what the heck is wrong with my pickaxe?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com