Should I start a Youtube channel?

Zoralink's Avatar Zoralink3/13/13 3:52 am
3/14/2013 3:13 am
Rewster18's Avatar Rewster18
Greetings humanoids!
Well, I am thinking of starting a Youtube channel, but I don't really want to speak... Trust me, my voice is less than pleasing. I have a ridiculously posh Upper End English accent. I think that I could try something along the style of FVdisco's channel for mine, as he never speaks. The channel would probably focus on Redstone gadgets and maps of mine.

So yeah. Leave opinions here, and if you like the idea, keep watching Youtube for a new user!

Poll ended 03/17/2013 3:53 am.

Zoralink
Level 32 : Artisan Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/14/2013 3:13 am
Level 26 : Expert Creeper Hugger
Rewster18
You can always team up with someone that can speak over your videos.
03/14/2013 3:07 am
Level 1 : New Miner
CrazyAL
Go for it, I prefer channels with commentary but who cares do what you like it's youtube. If your only reason for not talking is you don't like the sound of your voice join the club, I don't think anyone likes the sound of their own voice, I know I don't.
03/14/2013 2:14 am
Zoralink
D'aww. All these positive comments make me feel warm and fuzzy and happy and just really good. I think I will start the channel.
03/13/2013 9:03 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
stormshooter1234
I've always had a high pitched voice, don't let it get in the way, as long as you can make good vids it doesn't matter
03/13/2013 8:56 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Mage
RandomGingerGuy
I say you should go for it! :3

I myself have an accent that i'm not too fond of... It's a mix of English(Northern and Southern(Born in Yorkshire with parents from the south and now living in Essex)), Irish and Scottish

If you ever do decide to do anything I would be happy to give feedback
03/13/2013 8:37 am
Zoralink
I should have a turtle-related trademark...Or Zora/Zelda related. Any ideas?
03/13/2013 8:57 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Mage
RandomGingerGuy
Oh, as for that I think you should go with the turtle... Everyone loves a turtle
03/13/2013 8:02 am
Zoralink
Wow... was expecting much verbal abuse. Instead got many, many helpful comments. Thank you all so much. But I like the idea of keeping my voice hidden from my fans (What fans? ) and giving little hints in each video. But again, thank you. All of you. Free turtleshells for all!
03/13/2013 7:43 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Cthulhucompany
1. You should not be ashamed of your voice.
2. If you pepole think your voice is annoying, you could either talk strange/different or not talk at all.
3. There are allready alot of minecraft youtubers out there, and they are all the same. If you wanna get noticed you gotta do something different.

Hope this helped
03/13/2013 7:27 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
jonathanb987
Think about this. Your voice is your voice. You can't change it. Be yourself. There is nothing to be afraid of. If you click the link in my signature, Vareide has a speech disorder. He faces thousands and thousands of people with it. You do not even have a speech disorder. I say go for it.
03/13/2013 6:59 am
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
No you should not start a YouTube channel because that is illegal sir.
I don't see why you'd ask when i can answer with "if you want"
03/13/2013 7:18 am
Zoralink
Well, I-DERPYDERPYDERP.

But thanks for the positive and helpful comments, humanoids. (Even you, insulting Fokkusu-humanoid/cat-thing.)
03/13/2013 6:51 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
xXCasulaXx
Go for it! Also, What JKconqueror said.
03/13/2013 6:48 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
xQuantum7
Well reading all of this I can tell you're funny, so voice would be a good idea later on. But start off making episodes of around 5 of your creations, and make like a countdown going from least to best. If you want I could try and help build or do redstone .
03/13/2013 7:23 am
Zoralink
Redstone... Hmm, wanna join mah Redstone Boss Society? A society that makes boss-themed minigames. See and sign up here: the-redstone-boss-society-t227328.html
03/13/2013 6:27 am
Level 37 : Artisan Demolitionist
JKConquerer
My voice is pretty crap too.
But anyway, good luck with your channel if you make one, and I think you shouldnt speak for the first while and keep your fans in suspense as to what you sound like!
Let in little hints or something to keep them intrigued about it. It'll also help for your problem with your voice!
03/13/2013 5:46 am
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
For making and helping share you builds sure! But if you are going to do gaming, you have to be unique or interesting, there are lots of CoD Commentators, but only very few make it big, there are thousands of Minecraft players, but they are mostly dry and basically all the same and really young. If you are going to talk, you have to be mature, at least 15 or so and have a not so annoying voice. Although you don't have to, I suggest you do as that is what most people accustom themselves to.
03/13/2013 6:02 am
Zoralink
Many thanks, not planning on talking much. I do have a very annoying voice on video. Insightful.
03/13/2013 4:36 am
Level 39 : Artisan Toast
Ivacraft99
The are so many minecraft youtube channels right now, probably too many. So if you want to make a successful one, you should really make it original somehow, and have your thing. Good luck!

*sorry for bad English
03/13/2013 4:59 am
Zoralink
Many thanks, and what bad English? It's good.
03/13/2013 4:05 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
mebjr
How many YouTube channels are successful with out speaking...
03/13/2013 4:07 am
Zoralink
ExplodingTNT, FVdisco, Hypixel. I meant for the channel to be more for advertising my creations, though.
03/13/2013 3:57 am
Zoralink
D'aww. Thanks. I'll hold off the speaking until I sound less like a demented English cat, tho. My voice, when put into a computer/digital device, sounds more high-pitched than it is.
03/13/2013 7:22 am
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
jonathanb987
Everyone's does. You hear your voice as you speaking it. The voice you hear in the recording is most like your real voice. You voice sounds different to you than it does to others. And yes, you should make a channel.
03/13/2013 3:53 am
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
Most people love English accents, I know I do. I say go for it. You won't know how well you'll do until you've tried it!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome