Status of World Edit, Forge, Optifine, Shaders and New Commands with Minecraft 1.14?

DreamBliss's Avatar DreamBliss5/17/19 6:53 pm history
2 emeralds 1.5k 2
7/12/2019 12:44 am
Altenburger's Avatar Altenburger
If some mod is angry with me for starting a thread that, I assume, is asking a repeated question, I apologize. I can't be bothered to spend an hour looking to try to find something that covers everything.

I simply want to know if the new Minecraft 1.13 - 1.14 commands have been listed. Please do not link me to the old commands page because those commands, for Minecraft 1.12-, no longer work.

I also want to know if Forge is working with Minecraft 1.14, and if Optifine and shaders are working with this, or are they still working on it, as they were back in 1.13.

Basically I want to be able to make things in Minecraft, easily select whatever I have made, export it and share it. On the other side I want to easily be able to import what others have made. With all the changes and the community struggling to keep up, I have just given up on Minecraft as of 1.13. Then they go and release 1.14 and make things even worse.

Heck it took the community roughly 2 years to even start catching up with Minecraft 1.12! I had just gotten everything all working the way I like and BAM! A giant wrecking ball destroyed it all.

So this thread is just reconnaissance. I want to know if the situation has improved or not.

Thank you for your help.
DreamBliss
Level 31 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/12/2019 12:44 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Altenburger
I subscribed to BlueCommander's channel on YouTube. One of the latest videos is [Minecraft 1.14] Minecraft Improvements in One Command (Or Data Pack). If interested, you may find the newer guides too.

05/23/2019 8:42 pmhistory
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Given the state of 1.14 (1.14.2 is in snapshots qv https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-1-14-2-pre-release-1 and reports out of the technical community indicate that there are still quite a few 'show stoppers' extant), I'd be very surprised if any of the mod makers have put much effort into converting as yet… not much benefit in getting something working when underlying mechanics of the game are in flux.

I'm unclear what "the old commands page" you mention is, but the wiki [minecraft.gamepedia.com] Commands and Command_Block pages seem up to date… (For reasons that may be similar to yours, I've done relatively little with post-1.12.2 MC so have limited personal experience beyond a few of the most basic commands in later versions. )

The 1.13 changes were large and deep enough that MCEdit is being replaced by the amulet editor , but this still appears to be a work in progress (and no information on the further conversion to 1.14 was found).
This How to install World Edit mod in Minecraft 1.13.2 (UNOFFICIAL) is out, but how well it works is unknown to me. [Use at one's own risk.]
Optifine is (I understand) out for 1.13.2 and has "preview versions" for 1.14 [Use at one's own risk.]
qv Optifine downloads page
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome