The lost features of minecraft.

VeryMadCrafter's Avatar VeryMadCrafter8/28/12 2:49 pm
8/29/2012 9:08 am
VeryMadCrafter's Avatar VeryMadCrafter
Theres some lost features of minecraft.So here we go.
I never really played InDev,but I know there was a feature called the skylands.Notch removed them a long time ago for no reason.Absolutely no reason at all.Maybe beacuse they were unrealistic? No way.Minecraft is not a realistic game,neither do terrain.And Im still wondering,why he removed winter mode??? Unknown.But hey,remember when in beta 1.5 Notch said he will bring back skylands?They aren't done,thd code is half-done,but you can install them with some mods.
In InDev,there were mobs who aren't in the official release.They are Steve,Rana,Black Steve,and Beast boy.They were humanoids.And they were removed a while later.And remember when beta 1.2 had bears?Yeah,they were removed as well as the bright grass.
There was a feature,called Far Lands,too.You could travel to them by non-stop walking 120 hours,or use cheats,beacuse they were really far.
The sponges dosen't suck up water too.
And theres plenty more features,who were removed.Yeah...Notch should really bring them back...
VeryMadCrafter
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/29/2012 9:05 am
VeryMadCrafter
bob99
VeryMadCrafterTheres some lost features of minecraft.So here we go.
I never really played InDev,but I know there was a feature called the skylands.Notch removed them a long time ago for no reason.Absolutely no reason at all.Maybe beacuse they were unrealistic? No way.Minecraft is not a realistic game,neither do terrain.And Im still wondering,why he removed winter mode??? Unknown.But hey,remember when in beta 1.5 Notch said he will bring back skylands?They aren't done,thd code is half-done,but you can install them with some mods.
In InDev,there were mobs who aren't in the official release.They are Steve,Rana,Black Steve,and Beast boy.They were humanoids.And they were removed a while later.And remember when beta 1.2 had bears?Yeah,they were removed as well as the bright grass.
There was a feature,called Far Lands,too.You could travel to them by non-stop walking 120 hours,or use cheats,beacuse they were really far.
And theres plenty more features,who were removed.Yeah...Notch should really bring them back...

Far Lands was a glitch and for the Sky lands,get the Aether.

I have never played with the Aether,just watched some vids,but looks cool,if it goes together with some other mods,I'll try xD
08/29/2012 9:02 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
bob99

Far Lands was a glitch and for the Sky lands,get the Aether.
08/29/2012 9:00 am
Level 24 : Expert Cake
SynTroller
Yeah I know. MOD. MOD. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. But really? You should make cocoa drink with milk, sugar and cocoa.
08/29/2012 8:46 am
Level 24 : Expert Cake
SynTroller
Minecraft should bring in bananas. and coconuts because they are better than cocoa. And you cant make even a cocoa drink? That's pretty crappy.
08/29/2012 8:52 am
VeryMadCrafter
There is a monkey and banana mod on PMC,just look it up!
08/29/2012 9:02 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
bob99
I got one on the Mc forums...
08/29/2012 9:08 am
VeryMadCrafter
It's on both sites,I just saw the monkey mod on the popular reel here
08/28/2012 6:23 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
ThatAwesomeGuy37
Sponge: Works on classic, and it STILL is today's Minecraft. Does not work, though.
Sky Dimension: In Indev, you can select a landscape, one of them being Skylands. Noth planned the Sky Dimension AGAIN on Beta 1.6, but instead was left in the code of Beta 1.6.6.
Crying Obsidian: Was originally supposed to set spawn point, like Beds did, but they got removed since the idea of beds.
Gear: They were introduced in Indev, and were removed in Alpha, when they took the same data value as Redstone.
Lanterns: They would be replaced by Torches, taking their texture and data value and replacing them with torches. Torches would flicker out and would need to be relit with Flint and Steel. The idea was abandoned shortly after.
Lecterns: The idea was by Dinnerbone, with the purpose on reading written books easier. He abandoned the project, but he may add it again.
08/29/2012 8:37 am
VeryMadCrafter
True.And Dinnerbone planned pandas,too.I don't think he is going to add them,beacuse he said the idea months ago.The same for pigmen,and fish.And dragons were replaced with enderdragons.Giants are still in code,and you can obtain them in vanilla minecraft with cheats.And a week ago,I heard an idea about jetpacks...Who knows.
08/28/2012 6:14 pm
Level 42 : Master Taco
monkeymanboy
there also used to be gears instead of redstone i really wish i could have seen how the gears work because it seems interesting
08/28/2012 6:13 pm
Level 21 : Expert Narwhal
gogogoluke
IKR those are cool features!
08/28/2012 6:10 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
The removed mobs in Indev such as Rana:
Dock made those, and they decided to remove those mobs when he left Mojang.

Bears:
There were never bears?Though I played since Beta 1.5, but I've downgraded to game-versions such as Alpha and Indev to see what they were like with MCNostalgia, though never Beta 1.2, I don't think.And it doesn't say anything about bears on MinecraftWiki, nor in the Beta Version History, where did you hear this?They are in the Mo' Creatures mod.

Skylands world-type in Indev being removed:
I don't know

Sponge not sucking up water:
Yeah, though you can still get Sponges with TooManyItems/an inventory editor or play in Creative, but they only suck up water in Minecraft Classic now.If you have a Bukkit server, though, you can get a plug-in for this.
08/29/2012 8:29 am
VeryMadCrafter
Yea...
Oh,yea,and Bears-I had Mo' Creatures,when I played the older versions,so thats right,bears didn't exist...
08/28/2012 5:03 pm
VeryMadCrafter
I think Jeb should bring the sky dimension back,and add some aether features,like new ores,and treasure,so it would be a good point to explore the sky dimension.
08/28/2012 3:38 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pony
Linkofages
actually you dont need to goto the nether for glowstone sense you can trade with priests.
08/28/2012 3:38 pm
Linkofages
yea touche.
08/28/2012 3:37 pm
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
XP is far too easy to get now, enchantments are cruddy and easy to get now too.

Reasons to go to the nether:
Netherwart
Glowstone
Nether Brick

Reasons to go twice:
Boredom
08/28/2012 3:35 pm
Linkofages
only thing good about nether is blazes for grinding
08/28/2012 3:33 pm
Level 48 : Master Technomancer
ThatsMyPickaxe
What I do sort of like is the bright grass and skylands, everything else, I really don't care about.
08/28/2012 3:01 pm
VeryMadCrafter
08/28/2012 3:01 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Batman
jordanosborn
Sponge. Doesn't suck up water any more.
08/28/2012 2:58 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pirate
onepieceop101
and he removed the mobs and bright grass because dock quit making the textures and he got junkboy the guy who makes the textures now
08/28/2012 3:29 pm
VeryMadCrafter
Yeah...Actually they made the grass darker beacuse they added biomes.
08/28/2012 3:33 pm
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
Soiled it. Of all the features mentioned, I only want Skylands, and even then, I don't really want it because it's useless. I still think the Nether is quite a waste of time.
08/28/2012 2:55 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pirate
onepieceop101
he removed the far lands because of bugs and you also spawn on a house with stuff
08/28/2012 2:55 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
Unnatural
Like the aether mod as in skylands, the farlands were also removed but i think you can still find them some how.

Aether:
http://www.theobsidianblock.com/Theobsidianblock/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/aether_mod_review-11.png
-Apple
08/28/2012 2:54 pm
VeryMadCrafter
Dimitri2012

You mean farlands?

No,floating islands.I'll give a link.
08/28/2012 2:53 pm
Linkofages
Dimitri2012

You mean farlands?

..or bust
08/28/2012 2:52 pm
Level 42 : Master Cake
Dimitri2012

You mean farlands?
08/28/2012 2:52 pm
Linkofages
did you know hardcore was back in indev?
08/28/2012 3:10 pm
VeryMadCrafter
I don't know very much from InDev,first time hear that...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome