The State of Servers in 2018 - a community poll!

worldwideguy's Avatar worldwideguy6/13/18 10:37 pm
1 emeralds 187 2
6/14/2018 12:52 am
Kwaysar's Avatar Kwaysar
Hello, I represent a team of developers and creative minds that have worked on several servers over the past few years. We have noticed that although many people still play minecraft, servers do not seem to be as innovative or fun as they could be with the power of plugins and creativity. We plan on starting a new passion project of ours within the next few weeks as 1.13 rolls out, however we want to make sure our vision aligns with something that interests the community.

Thus we've created this (VERY SHORT) poll for the community to fill out so we can gather data to help us plan the launch of our new project! Your time is greatly appreciated. Let us make something amazing for you!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdppYFO75TiriR9jRvKR7h9R-ducio5u_pLz8vmNUCndyPSg/viewform
worldwideguy
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/14/2018 12:52 amhistory
Level 20 : Expert Spelunker
Kwaysar
"Creative servers?" Seriously a chunk of the servers out there are based on creative mode aspects.
06/14/2018 12:22 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Pretty flawed poll if you ask me.

Out of all the server kinds we can chose from you actually forgot to add the one that represents the actual game of Minecraft the most: survival and/or economy survival servers. Uhm, right :P

I don't care about themed sci-fi, minigames, open world adventure, pvp nor zombie survival / pvp myself.

Also: servers requiring a lot of monthly cash? I beg to differ. You can easily get high end servers for very reasonable (low) prices. Of course you will actually have to know something about server maintenance and administration. It won't have your average "point and click" kind of admin panel for example, and you'd also need to know how to set up (install) and maintain your Minecraft server.

Another interesting detail: some of your donation ideas violate the Minecraft EULA. You really might want to look into that one ;)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome