There are too many noobs on PMC...

AlexTheDooD's Avatar AlexTheDooD11/15/12 11:52 am
11/20/2012 3:13 pm
Phrozenbit's Avatar Phrozenbit
I hate to say it.. But the majority of players included in this community are giving it a bad name, to say the least.

My main purpose for this website is for advertising my server. But it has come to my attention that the players seeking servers on this website, are only seeking to destroy them.. Its almost like a hunting ground for servers to grief throughout the 'recently updated servers' listing.

*Bumps planetminecraft post*
*20 noobs enter server*
*Im from planetminecraft can I have OP*
*Can I have gamemode?!*
*This server sucks, play on this one - spams IP of some shitty hamachi server*
/me shoots self through eyeball.

I guess such a large community is always going to attract large numbers of bad members. But its got to the stage where im really finding it hard to advertise on here..

Anyway, thats my opinion, tell me yours!
AlexTheDooD
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/20/2012 3:13 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Phrozenbit
Thread locked. I think we can all agree that both 'noobs' and 'newbs' are part of PMC, and that there is a distinct difference between the two.
11/19/2012 12:20 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Thanatos_The_MLG
This is a pretty useless post, as Noob does in fact mean someone that won't listen and usually sucks at the game, no matter how long they played it. Newb on the other hand is someone who has potential, but just started the game. I was a newb at one point and don't deny that you were too. Its plain and simple, Obey and you will be obeyed. Noobs don't seem to get that.
11/19/2012 5:31 pm
Phrozenbit
Yes! Thank you

Noobs also just don't read, don't you agree ?
11/20/2012 12:04 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Thanatos_The_MLG
Thoroughly So
11/19/2012 12:14 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
Delta593
Thanks for the Info bro!
no sarcasm
11/19/2012 11:45 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
Delta593
I try to make skins but i cant shade that well i like minecraft i know alotta about it and i use my Account to rate and comment on stuff like this
11/19/2012 11:55 am
Level 31 : Artisan Mage
PhilipMajed
I shade my skins with darken/lighten colour. I use it a little and then I open photoshop and I place my skin and I place the shading template and then I overlay and my skin becomes shaded I downloaded the template from a blog post from PMC (I don't remember the website sorry)
Anyway , I have it on my computer and here they are :

11/19/2012 11:41 am
Level 31 : Artisan Mage
PhilipMajed
Everyone were noobs actually, first you was posting some shitty skins and stupid useless blogs.From time to time your skins,videos and blogs get more professional and nice and then you become a nice user. And also you need to use good grammar.
11/19/2012 11:10 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
DannyChad
Noob = new person.

The people who have just joined PMC or have been members of the Minecraft community for only a few months want OP and administrator to try and learn. It is not their fault they can't skin, at least they are actually trying!

I feel people going on about 'noobs' is gone on too far and if you just automatically ban someone because they are under 13 that is plain wrong. 'Noob' skinners should be pointed in the right direction by tutorials etc so they can learn and release at least better resources and then at one point cycle from 'noob' to experienced and then the cycle continues.

A community is not a community without support and balance.
11/19/2012 10:52 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
sommmen
AlexTheDooDI hate to say it.. But the majority of players included in this community are giving it a bad name, to say the least.

My main purpose for this website is for advertising my server. But it has come to my attention that the players seeking servers on this website, are only seeking to destroy them.. Its almost like a hunting ground for servers to grief throughout the 'recently updated servers' listing.

*Bumps planetminecraft post*
*20 noobs enter server*
*Im from planetminecraft can I have OP*
*Can I have gamemode?!*
*This server sucks, play on this one - spams IP of some shitty hamachi server*
/me shoots self through eyeball.

I guess such a large community is always going to attract large numbers of bad members. But its got to the stage where im really finding it hard to advertise on here..

Anyway, thats my opinion, tell me yours!

the mods are doing all they can man ;/
11/19/2012 10:41 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist
smokeydbird
whoops. sorry for being a "nub" :[
11/19/2012 10:26 am
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
CloudiezThis is so fun to read... I think that as said before we were all noobs at one point. Some of the people, I guess need to read minecraft wiki a bit more.

NEVER... TRUST... A WIKI!!!
11/19/2012 10:23 am
Level 23 : Expert Toast
Sedyte
Just like Dancingwalrus said, these kind of people are everywhere. And most of these people are young (about 10/14 years old).
I really hate when people join a server just to get OP, if not they immediately leave.
but well, they'll grow up eventually and realize this themselves.
11/16/2012 3:39 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
AwesomeAwesome
KeirEdwards
TheRustyCreeper
AwesomeAwesome"*Im from planetminecraft can I have OP*"
Though this happens all the time, the other day someone came in claiming to be from PMC and only asked for a tour, not OP.
I suspect he was going to ask for it eventually though, if I didn't scare him off.

You know what I can't stand? Some of the skins on this site.
I saw a skin in the recently updated section on the homepage that someone made, which was literally a man with different flat colours on each part of his body.
The rest of his skins were exactly the same. One was just a blank white character!

I know that there's always gonna be bad, effortless skins somewhere...
but -every- time I come here, there's at least one skin which had such little thought put into it, such as a steve skin with ping pong drawn on his torso.
It's like there's some big machine pumping them out every day.

It's probably just me coming here at bad times, though. I know there's plenty of great skinners on this site.

It's the sad truth that big communities will statistically have a large number of these 'bad members' as you call them.
We can never escape it, so long as we are also part of those communities.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Noob or not.. you are quite an idiot. Most of the copied skins are taken from skin sites. People can't make their own skins? So? That's why people make skins. Minecraft is about surviving, building and having fun.. not what you look like.

You misunderstood me. I couldn't care less what skins people use in-game.

It's when people think that changing the default Steve skin by 5 pixels is enough to warrant posting it here on PMC.

Now, if you made a really good skin and posted it here for everyone to see, you'd be proud of it because you put a lot of effort into it, right?
Not those people. They use the fill tool to make the character completely white and post it as though they're a genius and the only way to make a flat-colour character is to download theirs.

As for the Steve skins, type it into the search bar.
Steve with black pants, ginger steve, steve wearing creeper shirt...
People don't deserve views for that, it is stolen and against the rules.
11/16/2012 2:24 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
andyboo3792
I agree. A really great server, VentureCraft, got wrecked cuz some N00B came, got opped, and wrecked everything with tnt. He got banned, but the server changedf for the worse
11/19/2012 8:55 am
AlexTheDooD
I have had people try and do this to myself aswel...
Its simply depressing.
11/16/2012 2:16 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Painter
BlackHawk185
I like Marshmallows!
11/16/2012 2:11 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Ninja
Taz_ninja1
I couldn't agree more!
11/16/2012 1:00 pm
Cloudiez
This is so fun to read... I think that as said before we were all noobs at one point. Some of the people, I guess need to read minecraft wiki a bit more. But there is no need to criticize new people. I also think that with a thing like minecraft you just need to play on your own for a bit, enable cheats and you learn from what you do on singleplayer and watch youtube.

Just felt I needed to say my opinion
11/16/2012 2:07 pm
Phrozenbit
Agreed for 98%, except we were all once NEWB's, not NOOBS.
11/16/2012 12:51 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Bunny
Typhlosionboy
KeirEdwards
TheRustyCreeper
Though this happens all the time, the other day someone came in claiming to be from PMC and only asked for a tour, not OP.
I suspect he was going to ask for it eventually though, if I didn't scare him off.

I saw a skin in the recently updated section on the homepage that someone made, which was literally a man with different flat colours on each part of his body.
The rest of his skins were exactly the same. One was just a blank white character!

but -every- time I come here, there's at least one skin which had such little thought put into it, such as a steve skin with ping pong drawn on his torso.

It's probably just me coming here at bad times, though. I know there's plenty of great skinners on this site.

It's the sad truth that big communities will statistically have a large number of these 'bad members' as you call them.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Noob or not.. you are quite an idiot. Most of the copied skins are taken from skin sites. People can't make their own skins? So? That's why people make skins. Minecraft is about surviving, building and having fun.. not what you look like.

Stealing skins is lazy and against the rules!
11/16/2012 12:31 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
KeirEdwards
TheRustyCreeper

11/16/2012 12:19 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
MarzipanCraft
[yt]UKn1bGYTH-M[/yt]
Why don't we just stop everyone from signing up to PMC! Yeah! No new members because they suck somehow and none of started out as new members or anything!
11/16/2012 12:13 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
natsuflame1
there is no such thing of a noob its what you think they are not real just what you think
11/16/2012 11:58 am
AlexTheDooD
Wow, this post sure got a lot of interest.

I wish to clarify a few things after reading all of your opinions.

I am talking noobs as in 'noobs - bad at the game, pathetic trolls you dont want to play with'

Not a newbie, I enjoy newbies, as someone stated, we were all one once upon a time.

The main issue im having is, it only seems to be on this website... I have no idea why, something to do with the search engine aimed at under 13 year olds or something, I will never know. The only other site I can compare it with is minecraft.net.au and minecraftforum.net. But with these sites, I have always felt comfortable advertising on there, and enjoyed 90% of the players that have come from there.
11/15/2012 3:00 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Baconator
Frog2face
Yes but in all seriousness, CAN I HAZ RECON? :3
11/15/2012 2:54 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
nickfromgreece
i advertised my server for 1 WEEK in PMC there have cae 5 griefers on with at least 500 accs each and they are still griefing.
11/16/2012 12:14 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
natsuflame1
ip ban them
11/15/2012 2:33 pm
Phrozenbit
First this, correct information:

CandleborNoob
1. A noob is a person who really sucks at a game but refuses to learn/listen to people who are skilled. Many of them may have been playing the game for a while, but still suck at it. They usually have no hope.

2. Noobs generally get extremely upset over being beaten and can not admit that they are bad at the game. Often they will accuse the skilled people of hacking.

3. This word is an insult in general so people often wrongly use it and just call somebody that they do not like a noob, regardless of skill.

4. This term is often confused with the term "newb," and people who confuse these terms are usually either noobs themselves, or somebody who is good but is just mean (and has a lot of pride for being skilled).

Newb
1. Newb comes from "newbie." Somebody new to a game and they will generally suck at it. However, the reason that they suck is because of their unfamiliarity to the game. They have the potential to become good. This is not a derogatory term.

2. Also, newbs are not always bad at the game, as they may have played similar games in the past, but when it comes to knowing where things are, or information- they don't know.

Then this:

noob AKA newbie is someone who is new to a game NOT a website

It amazes me that people just don't bother to read.

A newbie is a newbie, regardless where that may be, be it a game, a website, or any random activity for that matter.

Also, my opinion is: You're a noob if you don't bother to read.
11/15/2012 2:28 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
i would call them retards/small children

noob AKA newbie is someone who is new to a game NOT a website

(i know how you feel dude i have had that lots)
11/15/2012 2:09 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
No-one changed the definition, a newb has always been someone who is new to the game and a noob is someone who is crap at the game (to paraphrase your definition Candlebor ).
11/15/2012 1:55 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
Yeah, pretty much. Someone recently changed the definition, I guess? Maybe because they were too lazy to make up a new word.
11/15/2012 1:54 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Loremaster
Poke
Pretty sure "Noob" originally meant the same thing as "Newb" at one point.
So I just use the word "Noob".
11/15/2012 2:26 pm
Phrozenbit
You're wrong.
11/15/2012 1:50 pm
candle_
Guise. Noobs are people who can't get better. Newbs can. Pl0x read the definition I posted.
11/15/2012 1:46 pm
candle_
Noob
1. A noob is a person who really sucks at a game but refuses to learn/listen to people who are skilled. Many of them may have been playing the game for a while, but still suck at it. They usually have no hope.

2. Noobs generally get extremely upset over being beaten and can not admit that they are bad at the game. Often they will accuse the skilled people of hacking.

3. This word is an insult in general so people often wrongly use it and just call somebody that they do not like a noob, regardless of skill.

4. This term is often confused with the term "newb," and people who confuse these terms are usually either noobs themselves, or somebody who is good but is just mean (and has a lot of pride for being skilled).

Newb
1. Newb comes from "newbie." Somebody new to a game and they will generally suck at it. However, the reason that they suck is because of their unfamiliarity to the game. They have the potential to become good. This is not a derogatory term.

2. Also, newbs are not always bad at the game, as they may have played similar games in the past, but when it comes to knowing where things are, or information- they don't know.
11/19/2012 11:44 am
Phrozenbit
Again, The above are the correct definitions of a 'noob' and a 'newb'.

Yet this person claims the following:

DannyChad
Noob = new person.

The people who have just joined PMC or have been members of the Minecraft community for only a few months want OP and administrator to try and learn. It is not their fault they can't skin, at least they are actually trying!

I feel people going on about 'noobs' is gone on too far and if you just automatically ban someone because they are under 13 that is plain wrong. 'Noob' skinners should be pointed in the right direction by tutorials etc so they can learn and release at least better resources and then at one point cycle from 'noob' to experienced and then the cycle continues.

A community is not a community without support and balance.

You clearly haven't got your definitions straight, because you're talking about the 'newbs' not the 'noobs'.

In general: people, please stop being a 'noob' and read before you blindly post something.
11/15/2012 1:45 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
The_Nerdiness
I wonder where the lock for this post went...
I better request a new one from someone.
11/15/2012 1:36 pm
B1s
Sounds to me that there seems to be a lot of moral high ground reserved for experienced builders. I think I,ll go back to playing lego with the kids!
11/15/2012 1:34 pm
XRedlite
I hate to say it,
but it's true.

I posted my server on PMC a while ago, and about 20 people joined!
Great, right?
No, not really.

This was literally the chat:
Im from PMC can i have op
i want gamemode
can i build a better spawn pls

And it goes on..
11/15/2012 1:25 pm
crafter4545
The_Nerdiness

I wrote nothing showing hostility.
I pointed out that what you are doing is ageist.

You have no idea how funny that is to me

Yes it is in fact "Ageist"

Thats the point.

I have a feeling your just messing with me, so I will just wish you good luck.
11/15/2012 1:24 pm
B1s
Folks, I'm also a noob, although I haven't tried any of the servers yet. But you were all noobs at one stage, and with so many servers its like kids in a candy shop. You just can't choose. Give the noobs a chance!!!
11/15/2012 1:30 pm
Level 44 : Master Zombie
minecraftworkers
sure first figure out a bit how PMC works
11/15/2012 1:27 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Bunny
Typhlosionboy
Some of us give them a chance!
11/15/2012 1:21 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
glaava
Yeah i get around 40 people on my server asking "can ihuz ops" or "im iz fro ze pmc i wut op" and well...i ban them and theres just me left in the server.. ._.
11/15/2012 1:15 pm
Level 1 : New Collective
tsservers
I had this happen to my server. I was not online and A player joined saying he was from PMC and told us all this crap to get OP. One admin believed him and gave him OP, That admin is now gone
11/15/2012 1:09 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
Appljuze
To all the people who are saying "Everybody was a noob at some point"...

The things the original post described were not "noobish". Wanting to gain OP so you can destroy someone's server does not make you a noob, it makes you a person who finds joy in destroying other people's work.

The definition of a "noob" used to be... noob = newbie = new at something. Wanting to destroy/mess with someone's server doesn't make you "new" to the community, it just makes you an outcast who finds pleasure out of other people's misery.

That being said, to respond to the O.P., I agree with your points. I still advertise on here, but when I bump a submission, I make sure I'm always online and have the /ban command at the ready. It's kinda sad :/
11/15/2012 1:07 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
The_Nerdiness
They just need to find out what they are good at.
11/15/2012 12:59 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dolphin
IceStarr
Most are noobs at first, then they become pros around their 4th or 5th skin ^-^
11/15/2012 1:47 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
AwesomeAwesome
That's good news, I've made 3... well, average skins.
4th time must be the charm, huh?
Then again, I did try to make another skin and it's turned out horribly on all attempts. I never post it unless it can meet a decent standard.

But yeah, I think the people who ask for OP/gamemode, or say they're PMC reviewers etc. are actually noobs. They're noobs at tricking admins into allowing them to grief because they keep using the same rehashed methods to do it.

I'd say they're noobs just because they grief, but some people are noobs at griefing. I find it more appropriate to call them jerks or whatever other insulting name you prefer.

I'm adamant I was never a noob - I lack experience at times, but it seems like I gain it too quick for people to notice - but it could just be me and my huge ego.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome