Thinking of starting Minecraft Newsletter/Newspaper!

Bobokins's Avatar Bobokins8/31/14 9:08 pm
9/1/2014 7:58 am
Bobokins's Avatar Bobokins
Hey guys! I had too ideas, here they are:

1) minecraft newspaper: pretty much a website that is protected by a password and if you have to subscribe to the newspaper to get the password. The site would have 12 writers(one of those being me) and each would write an article on minecraft once a week. And every week the newspaper would be published on the sites homepage. You could also go into the archives to read old articles.

2) minecraft newsletter: I would collect email addresses from people who signed up for the newsletter, and constantly update them on what's happening in minecraft.

What I think: the newsletter would require me to be researching what's happening in MC following Notch on twitter and following Jeb and stuff. More like constantly working but the work would be very hard. The newspaper would take longer to setup and also I would need good writers that made sure to send me their articles. I might even have 24 writers and have them all submit a article and then I'd choose the 12 best just in case someone couldn't write one. Also, I understand this would be hard to get going but I might get a couple people to subscribe to the newspaper, and then just keep advertising. Tell me what you think.
Bobokins
Level 10 : Journeyman Spleefer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/01/2014 7:58 am
Bobokins
BumpatyBump
08/31/2014 10:02 pm
Level 25 : Expert Scribe
mop8899
I like the idea.
08/31/2014 10:07 pm
Bobokins
Thanks. I'll notify you if I make a newspaper.
08/31/2014 9:45 pm
Bobokins
That's a PMC blog. I mean, yes it is a little like a news paper but it's just a tiny part of a huge website. Having a separate website and all that stuff it much better.
08/31/2014 9:56 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
A separate website would be kind of odd since PMC is already well established. Personally, I would prefer to visit PMC instead of going to another Minecraft site to read something.

P.S
ImaLittleCreeper is a person of great moral values (from what I can tell). They won't steal your stuff.
08/31/2014 10:07 pm
Bobokins
When it's done on PMC, PMC owns it. If you have a website it's a independent production. Much better to own your work, PLUS you get a awesome name(independent producer).
08/31/2014 9:46 pm
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
*cough* There's one in production *cough*

Also a little like a newspaper? I'm hurt, those layouts take hours
08/31/2014 9:51 pm
Bobokins
Dude, what you've done is pretty awesome but it is more of a...independent production if it has a good website. And if there is one in production then great but I'm gonna try to do almost the same thing as you but I would like to add some other features that I won't mention till they are added so you don't steal my ideas :3
08/31/2014 9:37 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
There is already something like this. It's maintained by ImaLittleCreeper at:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/the-pmc-post-minecraft-news-edition-1/
08/31/2014 9:35 pm
Bobokins
More feedback please. I wamt to go into this with a lot of info
08/31/2014 9:15 pm
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
What is there to write about other than updates and the occasional huge change? (EULA or going out of the Beta versions)
08/31/2014 9:22 pm
Bobokins
This is a valid point for the newsletter even though their are other things like the date 1.8 is getting released, maybe I could tell people what's in the pre releases if they don't play on snapshots, also stuff like Notch saying Herobrine isn't real. For the newspaper though, their would be articles like "How to be a good server owner" and stuff.
08/31/2014 9:13 pm
Level 22 : Expert Artist
Hax4Ever
forcing people to subcribe to you just to get access to a website will gain you nothing, its kinda dumb but being able to access it without a password will be completely fine.
08/31/2014 9:23 pm
Bobokins
True. Maybe what I could do is have it so anyone can see the home page but you have to subscribe to read the archives.
08/31/2014 9:12 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
1 word:

bebopvox
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome