Unraidable faction base design... Or not?

immallama's Avatar immallama4/28/14 9:12 pm
1 emeralds 4.7k 8
4/30/2014 6:10 pm
immallama's Avatar immallama
So I was messing around trying to see if I could come up with some really good base designs for a factions server I play. I know theres no such thing as an unraidable base but I thought it'd be possible to come close. So I came up with the idea of using the void to my advantage and building at the bottom of the End. The images here show to base I came up with:

http://imgur.com/a/XM4IA

As you can see (or not with the brightness) the cactus and water prevent hybrid and normal cannons from destroying anything. The main weakness in the design is obviously the sand blocks. If they are destroyed, so are the cactus. I figured I would claim 2 or 3 pieces of land past the walls to prevent cannons from getting too close. I tried a few times myself to get in with no luck. All the tnt and sand did was fall into the void.

However, I'm in no way an expert with cannons so I want to know what you think. Is there a cannon that can launch both the tnt and sand together? How could anyone get in? Also, if I claim enough land around can the tnt even reach? Please give me feedback! Is it worth building on a real factions server or should I not waste my time?
immallama
Level 6 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/29/2014 7:17 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
MCFlameCraft
There is a tutorial which I saw on YouTube, which looked pretty cool. You need a TON of obsidian, and water etc. I'll link you up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkmlCZSh0U
This is a tutorial on a unraidable skybase, I couldn't actually find the other tutorial, but this one seems pretty good.

I also think that all bases are pretty much raid able, but some are harder. The best way to build a base.

1. Make the design/structure of obsidian, then water, then another obsidian structure just one block in front of the water, like going around in the same design, then place lava on top of the second obsidian layer. It will be hard for hackers to find and hard for them to raid, due to the water.
04/29/2014 7:10 am
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
Lots of obsidian + lots of lava + lots of traps = unraidable base
04/29/2014 7:01 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
Its not unraidible. Apply lava, BOOM! Waters gone.
04/30/2014 6:10 pm
immallama
It's factions. You can't place or break anything inside the claimed area.
04/29/2014 6:55 am
immallama
So no one knows?
04/28/2014 9:24 pm
immallama
Forgot to mention, the server I play on has a limitless end, so I would build this about 5000 blocks out.
04/28/2014 9:25 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
XxDiamondzXx
Be sure to destroy the path behind you
04/28/2014 9:21 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
If you're able to faction teleport, I would build all the way down to the bottom of the end, build out a few chunks from the island, build a few decent sized buildings that you could build off of in the future, then cover the tops of all of them with lava so people wouldn't be able to jump down onto them

better yet, put a few auto-regenerating cobblestone generator walls above your base then put the lava on top of those so that if anyone tries to break into your base from above after hitting the lava, they won't be able to
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome