What are the top 10 most useful blocks...

AstaZora's Avatar AstaZora2/13/20 9:38 pm
2/22/2020 5:11 pm
AstaZora's Avatar AstaZora
I tend to get a lot of poor comments and feedback on many other sites, so I might as well post here too.

I am playing in the 1.15 worlds right now, and I am about to start, a simply massive project that brings resources to you. Remote locations, long distance trips, etc. I arrive at a rather... conflicting interest. I have 10 trains. They can hold 9 Minecarts each, Namely chest minecarts. My Issue is this. I want these trains to serve two purposes

1) Bring resources to you, to expand the current area of the "network"

2) allow for a diverse standing on building blocks, that are farmable. this includes any blocks, that can be traded with villagers, or a lot of mining can give you what you need (IE, sand, gravel, clay (trade with villagers) terracotta (another trade!) glass (tradables)

I am working on a dedicated YT series to my small list of "modules" that run this machine. So I definitely want this to work around the clock

The second part to consider is that all other resources will be tossed into an item track, that is constantly running.these will pass modules, to be sorted, and then if they reach the "end of the line" get burned.

So resources that are mob renewable like redstone, slime, bones etc, are always in stock.

I think a few named materials are obviously cobblestone, iron, and wood (of any kind)

I want to know what you think would be in this "top ten most resourceful blocks" that you would use to either craft materials to build with, or directly build with.

The poll below is not required to comment on this matter, but a way for me to track what everyone else seems to agree with

Please take time to consider answering this, as this is a survival build, and I'd like to have a "multiplayer" aspect in mind!

Poll ended 02/20/2020 9:38 pm.

AstaZora
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/13/2020 9:47 pm
Level 26 : Expert Miner
CeIeste
I say ice... Walking down long pathways has never been easier!
02/13/2020 9:56 pm
AstaZora
Thanks for your response, but would you be able to recommend another 9? I have a lot of trains to fill, but your point is valid.

from boat iceways, to item tracks, ice is a viable resource to have, as well as a stackable water source!
02/16/2020 1:44 am
Level 41 : Master Technomancer
Giancarlovan
And you can even make some hard af parkour with ice
02/13/2020 9:59 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PariCephilia
Wood plenty of wood. Stone, concrete, sand, iron, redstone gravel and ice
02/13/2020 10:37 pm
AstaZora
Wood has to be among the most required, without wood, no tools could be developed (technically you can make bamboo into sticks, but that won't give you planks for bookshelves etc) without planks, no chests, no pistons, no redstone, unless I want to go to 1.2 xD
02/13/2020 10:05 pm
Level 44 : Master Waffle
Whiteout-
Iron is really helpful for survival mode.
02/13/2020 10:36 pm
AstaZora
it is, the basis for hoppers, pistons, trapdoors, and lots of other small things.

But it's not the only thing a train depot should request, what do you think?

I want to compile a list of 10 items, and I think that iron has to be top 3
02/14/2020 1:21 am
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
Well, i would say (not in order of importance):
Wood, cobble, iron, redstone (and components), concrete, and I really don't know what other blocks, maybe quartz but for the rest, you really don't need that different blocks to make something. Oh well 6 is better than none.
02/14/2020 6:31 pm
AstaZora
6 is the most responsive I've had someone, thank you. I think that I would stock redstone in block form, as I plan to run a witch farm into this at some point, so with the 1.16 update I am not sure what will happen
02/14/2020 2:39 am
Level 32 : Artisan Magical Boy
Arsham81SHAE
Iron, Cobblestone and Diamond are very helpful.

(P.S Is it Gunpowder in Block?)
02/14/2020 6:30 pm
AstaZora
Gunpowder is not in a block, but it's for rockets, brewing, tnt, etc. I usually clear gravel/sand with tnt explosives. it's so much faster and yields about 90% of the gravel.

diamonds are not something I am going to stock at each station, that would be excessively expensive...
02/14/2020 3:26 am
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
TobySuren
I'd go with dirt, cobble and wood. They are all surprisingly useful.
02/14/2020 6:30 pm
AstaZora
dirt is good for landscaping and filling, so it has it's uses, however past this I see no real usage. I know grass can be useful, but not entirely sure.

However wood is the foundation of the game, it's extremely required
02/15/2020 4:14 am
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
TobySuren
It’s pretty useful for scaffolding if you don’t have scaffolding...
02/15/2020 10:12 pm
AstaZora
I never considered stocking scaffolding, that is a MUST
02/14/2020 7:32 pm
Level 23 : Expert Procrastinator
Energy Master
cake, tnt, command blocks, bedrock, repeating command blocks, redstone, lever & button, repeater, pistons, and quartz
02/15/2020 2:45 pm
AstaZora
haha this has to be the best answer yet, it's not legitimate enough though I love where this came from :D
02/15/2020 1:56 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
MOBSLOL
I Think Iron Because Iron Can make Shield, iron pickage to mining Redstone ,gold and lapis lazuli and I also Like Iron block With Pumpkin it can make Iron golem to protect Villager It always have problems iron golem die and villager be Zombie villager
02/15/2020 2:39 am
Level 25 : Expert Pokemon
PuggoMC
Diamond is the main way for easy survival and allows you to break obsidian and make portal networks through out your world, making transportation easier than horses or walking!
02/15/2020 2:45 pm
AstaZora
yeah but EACH station would be supplied. I don't need diamonds anywhere but in my ender chest.
02/15/2020 8:16 pm
PuggoMC
Oh.
02/17/2020 7:59 pm
AstaZora
I think that with all the digging I might be capable of supplying each station with a stack? what do you think?
02/18/2020 12:06 am
PuggoMC
Sure!
02/19/2020 9:11 pm
AstaZora
I'l get to that!, but I will not stock netherite at each station xD
02/15/2020 12:07 pm
Level 1 : New Ranger
Hackerkm
Since when was there a gunpowder block?
02/15/2020 2:44 pm
AstaZora
gunpowder is just a generalized resource, I guess I misspoke something, somewhere?
02/15/2020 2:49 pm
AstaZora
also, some of these responses are to see if people are paying attention. the poll really isn't there for much more.

The poll is mostly pointless (if not entirely)
02/18/2020 7:06 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
KidOfCubes
i vote gunpowder because sand is easier to get
02/18/2020 7:07 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
KidOfCubes
sand and gunpowder important
02/19/2020 9:10 pm
AstaZora
not really, with TNT duplication, and many other ways of using explosives. both of these materials are differential in collection, but materials like cobblestone or spruce can be farmed near the 100k an hour marker, if you want to make a farm as such

Gunpowder was also a response to see if you are reading the entire post. I do not need to supply gunpowder to every station, because I do not (nor can I) build with gunpowder...
02/20/2020 2:29 am
Level 24 : Expert Hunter
Darth_Builder
I think it's iron because you can make tools, armor and make buckets to make the nether portal and it's easy to spot one
02/22/2020 5:11 pm
AstaZora
I want to thank everyone for their replies, and votes. what I thought was a mostly debunked result list, actually ended up providing some unforseen information, that I'll be dutifully obliged to modify my trains for! thank you all!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome