What are your ideas for the (potential) cave update in 1.15?

AmericanBagel's Avatar AmericanBagel5/22/19 12:12 am
3 emeralds 7.9k 12
5/27/2019 7:46 am
CHorse's Avatar CHorse
1.15 has been guessed to be a lot of things. It could be the combat update, it could be the cave update, or it could be something much different. Let's assume 1.15 will be the Cave Update. What do you imagine should be added, removed, or changed? Even crazy ideas would be good.
AmericanBagel
Level 43 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/27/2019 7:46 am
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
Mojang is probably going to add something insignificant and trivial. But let's pretend that they are adequate game designers for a second. We need something to beat endgame and grind in minecraft. As far as I know, after a certain point you begin to build large farms, optimize stuffs and mine for endless hours :L These are the not fun parts of the game, well some people love endless monotony but typically not most people.

Contrary to popular belief, you want people to play your game and have fun. So I suggest doing a few things:

-Add something to do the grind for you; i.e. maybe a special kind of mining golem or something like it
-Add new challenges and new resources that do cool things
- No, the wither and nether and enderdragon and elytra do NOT count. Firstly, those only supply a few
minor items and let's be honest; those aren't real boss fights :/ As any good game designer knows,
you need the bosses in your game to reflect the mechanics. And we all know that minecraft isn't
  about pointing at an enemy and whackin em, it's more about building. I dunno, add a creature that   can tunnel through mountains or one that can create blocks or something like it.
-and just for my sake, make caves have their own beauty.
05/27/2019 7:07 am
Level 34 : Artisan Archer
Kwanatla
I'd like caves to be more vertical, which would be more realistic. Plus I'd like to be able to use leads to sorta climb up and down steep cliffs. Also, I think there should be a kind of cave hall with stalagmites and stalactites.
05/27/2019 5:17 am
Level 27 : Expert Skinner
ImYourEnder
Updated bats like maybe using the vampire bat concept, more cave exclusive mobs like cave bears? Salamanders tend to live in caves so maybe that could be a brewing ingredient or we could get scales for armour or something else, maybe silverfish in more places than just extreme hills and strongholds, better mineshafts, maybe have them have more things in them or add a miner mob, some new ores / tools / armours would be cool, new structures down there like maybe some roguelike dungeons, maybe there's a chance of you finding a ladder in a mineshaft which leads to a strip mine, these are just the things I came up with.
05/27/2019 4:22 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Arthurwestjoe
YOU NEED TO ADD BLUE CAVE CREEPER
05/27/2019 3:02 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Senate
I wish to see various "cave" oriented items, a simple elevator type thing would be nice, along with a way to excavate quicker.
05/23/2019 6:52 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Network
Barty Realms
Fixing the game first before adding any new content would be a good start.
05/23/2019 7:34 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
05/23/2019 8:02 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
05/23/2019 6:53 pm
Level 40 : Master Wolf Whisperer
Starryspectrum
Make the bats drop something- they're honestly a little just there for no reason.
05/23/2019 3:53 pmhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
kebe3
Hostile bats for hard & hardcore difficulties or as a semi rare spawn
05/22/2019 4:20 amhistory
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
If there would be a cave update, I think it'd be the perfect time to introduce new ore into the game.

Possibly in a way that more tools and armor can be crafted. 🤔 And each material would have different attributes. Perhaps Diamond stuff could be the "heavy", stronger and more durable alternative to a new armor and tool type which would be lighter, faster but less strong... Perhaps chainmail armor could be made craftable. New ores could be obtainable in the Nether? (I like the idea of more nether ores.)

BUT I wouldn't want to see too much of that added in. Tinkers Construct (mod) is fun, but surely overkill for vanilla Minecraft.

Would also be nice to have a broader variety of arrows. Make the arrowheads craftable in various materials, determining the strength. Same for bows perhaps. Diamond bow? Hmm..

Bring vampires to Minecraft that can transform into bats, in special caves with lootable chests. Make it so they can hardly be defeated with any tools but silver (which would be a new ore). 😁 Perhaps a vampire bite would have a temporary effect where you burn in sunlight just like zombies and skeletons do. Vampires would burn in sunlight too!

About mobs, I'd really like to see zombies and rotten flesh actually have some kind of viral damage effect, which actually drains the hunger bar drastically.

Just spewing ideas. \o/
05/22/2019 5:02 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Ranger
Its_Kelo
I think tinker's construct would be an awesome addition to the game, but I do feel that it would have to be a very minimalist version to keep the feel and simplicity of Minecraft.

Doing something with bats would be epic. They'd be an actual source of content rather than flying squeaky bois.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome