What did you do when you created your first world?

Cool_Man7's Avatar Cool_Man77/10/13 3:19 pm
7/10/2013 8:59 pm
s15c's Avatar s15c
So Planet Minecraft community,
what did you do when your first minecraft world loaded?

Please do not laugh at anyone, we were all noobs once.
Cool_Man7
Level 16 : Journeyman Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/10/2013 8:59 pm
Level 45 : Master Enderdragon
s15c
When I first started playing Minecraft, I was on Peaceful difficulty learning the game, though still extremely paranoid about monsters. I built my "base" (had read something about the differences on "houses" and "bases", a house was free standing, a base used the terrain as part of the structure and was more ideal for a first night) into a hill, and then spent a whole lot of time collecting resources so I could make the walls creeper proof and unable to be blasted through. I think by the time I was done with everything, the walls were about 15 blocks thick and the inside was 4x4 with a mine going down out the back and into the hillside. I then built a giant pillar up out the top of my base because I wanted more space and figured creepers couldn't climb up a pillar, and then made a giant floating glass room about 50 blocks above the ground (I didn't know anything about sneaking, and it was about 10x10 expanding out from a 1x1 pillar, so as you'd imagine, I fell to my death A LOT). Then I explored, made some bases on top of and inside some pretty cool mountains, along with minecart rails connecting them (which didn't really work, because powered rails didn't exist at the time). Then the world got corrupted somehow and I lost all my stuff.

Time passed, I made a new world, and was sad.

A few months later, however, I got a mapping program (Minetographer, I think it was), and mapped my new world. Lo and behold, two different areas showed up on my world, one with my new base, and my old bases about 45 chunks of nothing away. I then spent an hour working my way back and was happy.

Never did get off of peaceful mode.
07/10/2013 8:55 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
castleland
I ran around and got a few stacks of logs. By then it was night so i freaked out and made a hole in a cliff. Then I realized that i forgot to get torches so i just stayed in that dark hole for like 15 minutes.
07/10/2013 8:50 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
J3xis
When I first started to play Minecraft. I used the 'illegal' version as a demo to see if i wanted to buy it. And when i spawned in my first world I found a hole in a mountain to live in where I was assulted by 4 zombies.... and that was 2 minutes into the game xD
07/10/2013 8:43 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Ranger
VelociCraftor
I made a creative world, walked around and broke a few blocks, fell in love with the game
07/10/2013 8:03 pm
Level 27 : Expert Ninja
_Shadow_Lord122
Oh good, Well first i tried to mine stone with my fist, then i made a wooden house and wanted to put a lava wall in and burnt it down XD
07/10/2013 7:57 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Explorer
TenYearOldGamers
Okay so when i downloaded it i started on a plains/forest biome. i had NO idea how to control the game so it took me about 2 hours to grt the hang of it then i FINALLY figured out how to delete and add then i got wood and made the -worst- house ive ever made then i started to make a community then i got better and better and better 6 weeks after i found the end so im like -HECK YA- so i went in. (me being a -silly person-and forgot to sleep) and then i died from the ender dragon when i just spawned in. then i lost my house and everything. im like WHAT THE?
07/10/2013 7:32 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Sensorfire
My story:

I first started playing creative (like many noobs, I figured survival would be lame),
I made a diamond house with one room, it had a gold roof, and an emerald floor. I took forever to clear out all the tall grass around (facepalm), and kept a "journal" (book and quill). One day I decided to go to the nether, but tended up in a small, enclosed area with no light, so after that for a LONG time I thought the nether was broken. Then I accidentally deleted that world. I'm getting less noobish every day!
07/10/2013 5:38 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
Here's my long, very nooby story:

Back in 1.6 Beta, there were these sand mountains. So I spawned on sand (like you always did back then) and found the cool sand mountain. I heard it was good to make a base in a mountain your first night so you could hide from the mobs. I dug into the sand mountain and became extremely frustrated when the sand came down on me, leading to my first Minecraft death. I lost all my 4 dirt and 2 wood planks, it was such a big deal.

After that, the next day, I learned how to make a shovel, and decided to make a dirt house, because dirt was easy to collect, plentiful, and "looked nice". Hours later, I had a 2-story dirt house with a glass greenhouse (that couldn't grow crops anyhow) and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't craft a double chest... Silly me.

Next, I discovered creepers. I was out at my pond swimming in the warm water when sunset came. I swam out of the pond and to my dirt house nearby. Then I saw a green thing that was almost the same size as me. I was so scared - I had previously only seen peaceful sheep that you could punch for wool, and pigs which produced tasty bacon. I thought it might also drop some kind of meat, so I went up to it, and was devastated when it blew a gaping hole into my precious dirt house.

Eventually, I got tired of that world and started a new one. I spawned on a gravel beach (how I miss them so much) and made a house out of cobblestone... and gravel... I also made a giant swimming pool in my house, an ugly water slide on top of it, and my roof was a grass tree farm.

Soon after, my brother showed me this program called INVedit. I was so excited that I didn't have to work for my resources (facepalm...) and made an ugly gold-block palace (it was an 8x8 cube of solid gold...) Then I added a minecart system. I also quit this world sometime soon, and discovered the world of Multiplayer. I became less and less nooby everyday.

Now here I am today, pretty much anti-noob 100%. I do want to look back on these worlds someday and see what they look like... Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed my story of my noob adventures.
07/10/2013 5:17 pm
Level 28 : Expert Architect
MinecraftN00B98
I made a shitty looking stone house with rooms underground and a ok-looking roller coaster
07/10/2013 5:13 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Lightslash
I found a big mountain and just dig into it. Lived in there and used the furnace as light since I knew nothing about torches. I was scared, REALLY scared, even though I had the difficulty on peaceful, then the mountain was literally completely on the bottom and it looked awesome. I never went anywhere that wasn't like 1 feet from my cave, it was a safehaven.
07/10/2013 5:10 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
Lilalvin
I explored
07/10/2013 5:10 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
zerdo5632
07/10/2013 5:04 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Prince
lividhowl
since i watched alot of lets plays i learned all the basics got the game i was on a giant mountain i climbed down got 5 stacks of 64 and it was turning night so i dug into the mountain and made a safety bunker..later i connected the safety bunker to my main house and made it into a mineshaft xD
07/10/2013 5:04 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Baconator
coolkevin867
I couldn't figure out why the arrow keys weren't working xD
07/10/2013 5:03 pm
zerdo5632
Oh and i got obsidian a time after, made a portal, went to the nether, i was mining Netherrack until i fell in lava. I just clicked the red button with a X on top right of the screen and i kinda raged

07/10/2013 5:02 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
CatcaveisCool
I saw a zombie and a sheep next to eachother. I wondered how to get the wool. Ran up to the sheep, punched it. Bug happened and the sheep blew up like a creeper. I was like Fix dis bro.
07/10/2013 4:57 pm
zerdo5632
i spawned between some mountains
i quitted very soon i didn't know how to do stuff
i didn't play for a long time and then i knew how everything went.
so i started pretty good, i built a cobble house with a HUGE tower.
i could work with minecraft really good for noobs.
so i watched some videos on how to find diamonds
and then idid exactly what they did and i found myself some diamonds after a long time searching and i got myself a diamond pickaxe. This was the beginning of myjourny on Minecraft. And now, im a very experienced builder who made lots of cities.
07/10/2013 4:47 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
spazatk3
Dirt House...
07/10/2013 4:45 pm
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
noblemile
Found the biggest mountain. Clouds were passing through it. I was building my home inside when a creeper blasted me in. Seen Herobrine on the mountain. Covered mountain in torches with my loads of coal inside of it. At that time, that mountain was two blocks under the build limit!
07/10/2013 4:47 pm
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
noblemile
After I died my brother (who got me into Minecraft) told me about peaceful difficulty.
07/10/2013 4:44 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
bobert5656
Wow my first world was ages ago now and I spawned on a little sand island that was offshore from a hilly biom. I spent days and days clearing lots of sand with no light and built a small sand house. Everything I didn't know how to make I searched for it on youtube.
07/10/2013 4:34 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
D0CT0R_ANI
My first world was Creative and the first thing I did was try to find the menu to see my controls lol. After tons of button pushing I figured it out and clicked controls. Then I accidentaly messed them up. I was so upset so I had to ask my mom to help me and we figured it out Woo! Go me!
07/10/2013 4:39 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Sensorfire
Same here.
07/10/2013 3:19 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Modder
Cool_Man7
I will start,
I spawned in a forest (which lagged a bit) and decided to build a house. I was trying to collect dirt to build my house but I didn't know you had too HOLD the mouse button. So it took a long time frustratingly trying to get dirt.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome