What is your focus?

Dovahkaal's Avatar Dovahkaal12/5/17 10:08 am
12/23/2017 8:06 am
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
I want to start a discussion about what you do when playing survival. Do you cut right to the chase and dig a small hole and live there for the entirety, do you look for the perfect settling grounds for a base? How quickly do you get to the nether or start looking for the end?

Personally, I spend most of my time building. I enjoy being creative but at the same time playing survival. My main focus is making my home/base look very well made. I'm usually so focused on it that days go by before I even make annether portal or make the journey to the end.
Dovahkaal
Level 35 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/23/2017 8:06 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
It very much depends on the kind of game. When I'm alone I usually start with a small hole, then try to expand on that hole and turn it into something bigger and nicer (starting with a storage). This is also where the challenge lies a bit.

But when I'm playing with one or more friends on a local server then this usually changes into just having a good time. In our current world we build a small house and the idea is basically to extend on that and turn it into something bigger and better. I'm a nut for redstone so I like to come up with small redstone contraptions whereas my friend loves building so that balances out quite nicely.

Still, that's survival play. With Minecraft in general I'm a nut for redstone and redstone contraptions and somewhat recently (read: approx. 8 months ago) expanded this to command blocks as well.

For me Minecraft has become much more than just a game, it's also one gigantic gaming platform where you can do tons of tinkering.

Right now I'm working on creating a custom book which briefly gives a rough description about my server and also provides players with ways to "do" things. You know: teleport to spawn, get a starting kit, make your sheep talk, etc. That's the kind of stuff I can really lose my self into.
12/05/2017 6:33 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Chirro
By day, I gather resources. By night, I hide in a hole in the wall that I need to make sure is close to trees and animals. Every time I venture away from the home, I end up losing it.

My tactic may change, as it's been a while since I've done vanilla survival, though.

I don't believe I've ever legitimately made a Nether/End portal in survival before...
12/05/2017 6:48 pm
Dovahkaal
Wow and I thought I was stretching it with taking so long to make a portal!
12/05/2017 5:14 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Cib
My main objectives is to expand and upgrade my equipment and base.
12/06/2017 8:25 am
Dovahkaal
Once I finally get settled and have a home built, I usually build a big wall around it and add more interesting builds inside.
12/05/2017 12:19 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
smplsss_
I look for the perfect place which usually either has wolves or horses (or if I find wolves they just travel with me) and try find a mountain to live in. There also needs to be animals near.
12/05/2017 12:13 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
When I actually play survival my main focus is not on gathering materials to create an Enchanting table as fast as I can to go to the end and kill the Ender Dragon.
My main focus lyes in creating a beautiful town, and creating a fun environment for me and my friends. And I say me and my friends because the only time I do play survival is on my Realm server xD

But I will admit, that we have used Creative to code Command_blocks and create our own mini-games with :D
12/05/2017 5:20 pm
Dovahkaal
I'm the same way haha, I'm so focused on how my build looks that I never have enough supplies :p
12/05/2017 12:00 pmhistory
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
I've always been a creative player at the core, but when I properly play survival, I just wander and see world generation.

I consider myself at 'diamond' when I manage to find enough iron gear to make a set from towns, and it's an extra bonus if I somehow play that way long enough to get some degree of diamond equipment. I've seen too much diamond for that to be any actual focus for me, though.
12/05/2017 11:44 am
Dovahkaal
You guys don't seem like the survival type, ha.
12/05/2017 10:40 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
I collect a fuckton of wood not getting at least a stone axe first and then get straight to building mah house.

That's it I often stop after that part.
12/05/2017 10:32 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
I hit a trees for five minutes until I rage quit out of boredom and go into creative
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome