What Minecraft life hacks do you know about?

Lemilas's Avatar Lemilas1/11/20 8:06 pm
1/17/2020 3:37 am
xHyx's Avatar xHyx
Hi! I though this might be a fun topic to discuss, since people could share useful Minecraft tips and tricks with other people who might find them useful. Have fun discussing this!

For my Minecraft life hack, I have found that zombie dungeons are actually very simple to defeat by using a bucket of water. The water pushes all the zombies to the edges of the dungeon, where they can't swim quickly enough to reach you. You can then go in, destroy the spawner, and then eliminate all the remaining zombies.

What secrets of Minecraft have you found to be helpful?
Lemilas
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Cyborg

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/17/2020 3:37 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Mage
xHyx
xRay textu... ops xD
01/15/2020 5:52 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Taco
Hqrryl
Control + Q to drop stacks without opening your inventory.
01/15/2020 4:55 amhistory
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
dreamCritting
You can destroy bedrock with a dragon egg and some redstone and a piston.
01/15/2020 4:40 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ArmageddonAviation
how the heck do you do that
01/16/2020 2:04 am
dreamCritting
01/15/2020 4:36 am
Level 39 : Artisan Kitten
Yirggzmb
A water bucket can save you from fall damage, even if you are already falling, as long as you're not dealing with server lag. Just look down and spam try to place the bucket. 90% of the time, you'll place the water before you splat.
01/13/2020 6:01 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
you can ban people with books
01/15/2020 4:53 am
dreamCritting
You just need loads of super long books and a-

...Yeah I maby shouldn't tell people how.
01/13/2020 5:35 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Crazychicken2
fill a lava pit in a cave with gravel to "empty" the lava and get ores under
01/13/2020 5:32 pm
Crazychicken2
turn mob spawners into grinders

buttons can be hit by arrows

light is passes through carpet

in creative using a dragon head can make a piano
01/13/2020 3:57 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Modder
Gameknight14
One of my favorites is a trick for clearing sand. If you don’t already know, breaking a block of sand/gravel at the bottom of a large pile and then replacing it with a torch on the ground, will cause all the blocks on top to break when they fall on the torch. Perfect for desert exploring, or mining without a shovel.
01/13/2020 3:49 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
This one isn't really for survival, but more Creative :D

If you want to build something really big, then sketch out your build in-game before you actually start making it. Never, and I mean never ever start on one part of the build and expect the rest to "come along the way" because that's how I used to do things, and my lord... I never finished anything :'D

So little lifehack for builders who dream big: Sketch it out with wool or concrete before you start building it.
01/15/2020 4:29 pm
ArmageddonAviation
I need to use that tip for my HUGE imperial city project i'm planning.
01/13/2020 4:17 pm
Lemilas
Yeah, that makes sense.
01/12/2020 5:35 pm
Level 46 : Master Pirate
TheRealBlank512
Always carry a stack of scaffolding with you. The stuff comes in handy.
01/12/2020 4:59 pm
Level 23 : Expert Miner
Criogonal
-Do not break spawners, you might want to make a mob farm instead;
-Water Buckets are very useful (to avoid fall damage,to remove grass, get rid of endermen, transform lava into obsidian,to remove cobwebs at mineshafts, etc);
-If you don't have many slimeballs you might wanna kill the wandering traders since they trop leashes.
01/15/2020 4:32 pm
ArmageddonAviation
heheh

Place down a couple buckets of water in the end and sit in the water and whenever the dragon passes over you go all the way down to escape the breath and other damage. You can still get dragon's breath, though. If you and an Enderman match glances, it will get triggered but can't attack you.
01/12/2020 3:56 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Shadaik
Despite being hated by many, in survival, the wandering trader is actually a good way to get blocks only available with Silk Touch otherwise, such as Podzol and Coral. I wouldn't consider this a hack if I didn't see so many ignore or rush and kill the guy.

Speaking of Silk Touch, one of the very first tools you craft should always be a fishing rod. Chances are, once you used it up you have fished up a fishing rod with excellent enchantments, a great bow, a couple of good enchantment books, and a lot of experience.

Fishing is completely OP and underrated for early game.
01/15/2020 4:36 pm
ArmageddonAviation
Yes it is! I never knew it until a months ago, though, when I killed a drowned and it dropped a fully-enchanted fishing rod. I got 27 levels of experience in the next week or so. I even went back into the end and killed the dragon again with all the new loot i got also. Unbreaking III, Protection IV+Blast Protection II on the same book, and three golden apples i found in an underwater ruin after fishing up a water breathing potion.
01/12/2020 3:40 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
01/12/2020 5:35 am
dreamCritting
If playing with mods that add cool dungeons you can often mine under the dungeon and mine under the chest to get the loot.
01/12/2020 3:54 am
Level 34 : Artisan Archer
Kwanatla
This is probably known by almost everyone, but I almost always build my nether portal before I have diamonds, using lava and water to place the obsidian exactly where it's needed for the portal.
01/12/2020 5:43 pm
Lemilas
Yes, that definitely works. Although some people at least wouldn't go to the Nether before having diamonds. Still, it saves having to wear out a diamond pickaxe.
01/11/2020 8:12 pm
ArmageddonAviation
Uh, having cheats enabled in quite helpful in some situations. I rarely use the cheats anyway, but when I do it's so I can give myself one more piece of obsidian that I really need without having to go back into the End or into the gigantic network of caves i mine out.

Besides cheats, I have noticed that mining straight down from a desert well gives you diamonds 80% of the time. Only once did a cave generate under the wells I tested.

Emeralds can be found most commonly under lava, and I find that wooded mountains biomes seem to have way more emeralds than other mountain biomes.
01/13/2020 5:36 pm
Crazychicken2
cheats are helpful, cuz they are cheats, why u so lazy? XD jk bout lazy, cheats can take the fun out, plus for some the grind is fun
01/12/2020 8:54 am
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
but only mountain biomes can have emeralds, they don't spawn anywhere else.
01/15/2020 4:40 pm
ArmageddonAviation
I know, Makaneek. But wooded mountains - a variant - seem to have about 20% more emeralds than other places.

Something else I might add. A woodland mansion can be best defeated by setting it on fire. It won't spread to the rest of the forest if you break the leaves three blocks away, and it burns up most regular monsters. Pillagers and witches almost always survive because witches heal themselves and other pillagers. (hard mode only from my experience)
01/15/2020 4:52 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
that's pretty interesting. Burning woodland mansions is fine and all, but mansions are so rare. Wouldn't it be more fun to burn something somewhat common?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome