What’s the Difference between Java Edition and Bedrock Edition (of Minecraft)?!

Miss_Peru_18's Avatar Miss_Peru_182/18/23 6:31 pm
3/13/2023 3:30 am
TheNarzooOrganization's Avatar TheNarzooOrganization
I’ve a always had a ton of questions on what the difference was between Minecraft: Java Edition (original version of the game) and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition (PC, console and mobile). For years I’ve had the same question on what was the difference was between Minecraft: Java and Minecraft: Bedrock. The question was “What’s the difference between Minecraft: Java and Minecraft: Bedrock.” I know that you can mod on Java Edition. But you can’t on Bedrock Edition. There are add-ons, but mods won’t work on Bedrock Edition (especially the console version of Minecraft).
Miss_Peru_18
Level 53 : Grandmaster Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/13/2023 3:30 amhistory
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
TheNarzooOrganization
Java and Bedrock editions of Minecraft are two distinct versions of the game with some key differences in terms of gameplay, available content, and supported platforms. Java Edition is the original version of the game, available on PC, Mac, and Linux, and is primarily focused on community-driven content and mods. Bedrock Edition, on the other hand, is a version of Minecraft that is designed to be played on multiple platforms, including consoles and mobile devices, with cross-platform compatibility being a key feature.

One of the main advantages of Bedrock Edition is that it allows players to play together across multiple platforms, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. This means that players can easily play with friends and family members who may have different devices, without the need for separate versions of the game. Additionally, Bedrock Edition has built-in support for easier installation third-party add-ons and mods, making it easier to customize gameplay and add new content but more limited.

While both versions of the game have their own unique features and advantages, it's worth noting that Bedrock Edition users can join JAVA edition servers with Geisor plugins enabled. As a result, players who are interested in using third-party content may want to consider using Java Edition instead for mods or hard plugins as Java supports more for experiencing more than the game has to offer where as players who want smoothness and refinement should choose bedrock and its addons.
02/27/2023 4:28 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Darknightyt
Java and console were the ogs when it comes to how to play minecraft, and bedrock is part of minecraft's new accessibility motion. And all the og's ( myself included) prefer java and console.

If you want to know which one to pick go with java/console.
03/13/2023 12:09 amhistory
Miss_Peru_18
I understand that you rather prefer Bedrock/console versions of Minecraft, but I’ve been playing on Pocket Edition for iOS for almost 3 years now and I’m still playing it today.

Actually no! Take that back. Sorry! I’ve been playing Minecraft: Pocket for almost 5 years now (December 2022 would have been 5 years) since I’ve played Minecraft for iOS
And here’s the link to the game for iOS players that play it on iOS devices (📱). I’m sorry android users, but this one’s only for the iOS users that use iPhones, iPads and iPods.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/minecraft/id479516143
02/27/2023 3:41 pmhistory
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Most of the differences are tiny things that the average player more than likely won't notice or even encounter. "Accidental inconsistencies" would be a better way to describe them rather than intentional differences.

The only major changes that would impact the average player are
- the cross-platform multiplayer
- different UI and menu layouts (which were replaced with a system that automatically adapts to different screen sizes & control schemes)
- the different features supported in their data & resource packs (bedrock has a bunch of options java doesn't have, and vice versa)
- and the fact that its source code isn't publicly accessible or modifiable (enables it to be cross-platform at the cost of being able to mod it)

If you're already used to Java and don't specifically have someone on another platform who you're wanting to play with, there's not really any reason for you to go to Bedrock
02/26/2023 5:24 pmhistory
Level 26 : Expert Button Pusher
The Vileplume
Bedrock Is Too New
Pocket Edition Lite And legacy console edition And Java Better Because No Bad Need Pay For Texture Packs And Skins
02/19/2023 5:10 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc4445621
[deleted]
02/19/2023 2:17 amhistory
Miss_Peru_18
Hmm! I sure didn’t know that Minecraft Bedrock lagged. I knew that Minecraft Java is the original game on PC/Mac.

http://minecraft.net

02/19/2023 5:14 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Collective
Awoolanche
Well, it doesn't. Bedrock is way better in terms of optimization, especially for devices with integrated graphics. People who complain that Bedrock lags just don't have any better arguments.
02/27/2023 2:54 pm
Level 32 : Artisan uwu
LBoomsky
it maxed out my cpu and crashed my pc after being on for only 5 mintues
02/18/2023 7:34 pm
LBoomsky
bedrock lags and doesn't have mods
java is toxic and has people hanging on to versions that existed before I was born
02/19/2023 4:41 am
Level 1 : New Miner
amongussusser
bedrock... lags? what do you mean by that? it actually runs significantly faster than java edition since it uses different engine and the game is written on c++ (which is very fast language compared to java). for example: my laptop cant run java edition, game stutters everytime i try to move, but bedrock edition is very smooth.
02/19/2023 9:27 pm
LBoomsky
vsync
02/19/2023 9:28 pm
LBoomsky
also switch edition crashes at like 3 entities on screen
02/19/2023 3:57 pm
Miss_Peru_18
I understand that your laptop won’t be able to load Minecraft Java like it can Minecraft Bedrock. I’ve never in my life had the chance to play Minecraft Java (which is the original version of the game). Well I tried for the demo but only lasted for 30 in-game days which lasted like 10 days until the demo ended. My 25 year old brother also plays Minecraft Java and he doesn’t have any issue with the original version of the game. And I’ve also seen him play Minecraft: Windows 10 (Pocket Edition for PC/Mac) and I’ve never seen him having any trouble with it at all.
02/18/2023 7:08 pmhistory
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Collective
Awoolanche
To put it simply, Java Edition is written in Java. It's more resource intensive, as the LWJGL isn't as powerful now as it was in 2011. It's much easier to modify, which you can achieve through community made resource packs, data packs, mods, etc.

Bedrock Edition is a rewritten version of Minecraft based on the original. It's written in C++, which allows Bedrock to be played across multiple platforms, such as Android, iOS, PC, XBOX, Playstation and many, many more. Despite it's code being much cleaner and optimal, Bedrock is harder to modify than its precursor.

Although they're similar, both versions have their differences in coding, behavior, items and more. Their engines are very different from each other and some things just cannot be ported 1:1.

You can find a quick "official" explanation here: help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360058534412-Differences-Between-Minecraft-Java-Edition-and-Minecraft
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome