What should the Wandering Trader sell?

NTDan's Avatar NTDan4/14/20 5:06 pm
1 emeralds 681 3
4/15/2020 3:22 pm
PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft's Avatar PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft
As we all know, there’s an NPC called a “Wandering Trader”. He spawns near players and sell them stuff. But I think we can all agree that his trade kinda sucks. First, most of his trades are ridiculously overpriced, for example 5 emeralds for a sapling. Secondly, it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to even have enough emeralds for some of his better trades, because emeralds are not easy to obtain from mining, and it is not common that you find a village on your first few days. And although you might be able to afford those rare trades, they are still not interesting. You don’t find a Wandering Trader and think: “Oh, a Wandering Trader, I wander wonder what he is selling today!”. No, you think: “Finally the Wandering Trader is here, I hope you sell me blue ice today, or else I’m gonna murder you and your llamas.” So, this is my question to you: What would you add, remove and/or change about the Wandering Trader? It is best that you be as specific as possible(what item is he selling, for what price, how many times can you trade with him before he is out of stock, how rare is it?).

And just in case you are asking, the reason why I made this post is that I am making a data pack that changes the Wandering Trader’s trade to be better and more exciting.
NTDan
Level 49 : Master Crafter