What update would you like in 1.15?

EeveeCudroid's Avatar EeveeCudroid6/10/19 2:53 pm
6 emeralds 1.3k 34
6/26/2019 7:02 pm
EeveeCudroid's Avatar EeveeCudroid

Poll ended 06/19/2019 2:53 pm.

EeveeCudroid
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/10/2019 3:07 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
I want a cave update, but probably a combat (2 combat related block have been held back to the next major themed update), however the best idea for 1.15 is probably a performance update XD
06/10/2019 3:15 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
although i agree there needs a cave update there definitely needs an optimization update too
though it would make sense if that happened after a cave update (or atleast to me)
06/10/2019 3:21 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Wolf
WolfieTundra
Cave update! *Toycat intensifies*
06/10/2019 3:46 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
06/10/2019 6:06 pm
EeveeCudroid
Mojang said they might someday add a beach biome too, but the rest are good ideas
06/10/2019 6:12 pm
Level 23 : Expert uwu
Trickward
aren't there already beach biomes?
06/10/2019 8:05 pm
EeveeCudroid
Im talking about additions like palm trees, beach villages, crabs, etc.
06/10/2019 8:08 pm
EeveeCudroid
For example like oceans used to be something little but in an update they made it a biome
06/11/2019 3:27 pm
Level 23 : Expert uwu
Trickward
oh okay thats pretty epic
06/10/2019 8:06 pm
Level 27 : Expert Explorer
barrowisp
I like the idea of Eskimo Zombies; just at night?

What do you think of the skeletons that appear in icy biomes? with helmets, sometimes

strays
06/15/2019 1:23 am
Level 1 : New Miner
LELdrad
There already is Enderman villages.
06/15/2019 1:47 am
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
06/15/2019 5:20 am
Level 1 : New Miner
LELdrad
ah true, I was thinking of the end city. I'm still pretty new to the community.
06/26/2019 7:02 pm
EeveeCudroid
That could be a god idea too, like adding End villagers for example like villagers living in the end bc they got lost
06/18/2019 7:43 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
they should make endermen spawn in end cities...
06/18/2019 6:53 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Button Pusher
Mayonnaise2124
Really? Where?
06/10/2019 4:14 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
Caves and nether need massive reworks considering that everything that's overworld or end related has gotten changes that have massively overhauled a purpose or reason for its respective area. (You have more reasont o go to the end than to slay the enderdragon, because of elytra, shulker boxes, and if you're the building kind of person the update brought endstone bricks and purpur, and more grand, End rods. The ocean's huge update in Update Aquatic is another one, and more recently, Villages got an overhaul, and jungles got more to them.) The nether's gotten, way back, quartz, and more recently, magma. But neither are feature redefining, and the Nether seems rather bleak in terms of why you'd go there.
And caves, of course, because they're a big part of what the game is sold as. Its about time caves got some love.
Overall, after that, optimization would be nice. I understand that can get frustrating at moments however due to how the game is coded, and an update like that would probably end up being to itself. But that'd be worthwhile in my book, since that was a huge grab for me way back when. I could run it on a little notebook without many complications other than screen was way smaller than I would've preferred.
Now I can't be so sure about that, but it made the game truly stick with me over the years.
06/10/2019 5:06 pmhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
As a tired, overworked resource pack maker, I'd say just give us a performance issue fixing overhaul. I don't need any more stuff to re-texture. 1.13 had already screwed me over with it's "Flattening" nonsense, and 1.14... I think we already have enough "Squidwards," thank you very much.

Though, I think the addition of sharks would be neat! :3
06/10/2019 5:43 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Astrobauble
Caves. Caves. Caves. Caves. Caves. Caves. Caves. Caves.
06/10/2019 7:19 pm
Level 20 : Expert Birb
sepamc
ALL DA BIOMES
06/10/2019 8:06 pm
EeveeCudroid
same
06/10/2019 9:17 pmhistory
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE UPDATES
Minecraft has turned into modded Minecraft. Let's go back to the good old days before all the updates.
06/15/2019 1:50 am
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
06/10/2019 9:24 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
motelcoconut
I would rather just a performance update. It's hard running a good Minecraft server on 1.14 because of performance issues, bugs, and all the new stuff. I'd rather Mojang slow it down and fine-tune Minecraft before adding more stuff. But, if they're going to add more stuff, I'd like to see a cave update or new biomes. The beach biome with palm trees sounds like a great idea.
06/10/2019 9:36 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
InfamousArgyle
B E E S
06/11/2019 1:13 am
Level 35 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Among those who would prefer The Silient Update: ie one devoted to fixing the longstanding bugs and restoring performance.
(More than enough meat onn those bones to keep them busy for some time.)

If MS/Mj can't bring themselves not to fiddle with mechanics:
fixing the worst additions; notably mid-water & mid-air spawning (drowned & Mob B, respectively)
calving off the pillager raid minigame (preferably into an official mod, but at least into a gamerule toggleable 'thing')
restoring the original size of the spawn chunks (or fixed @ 17x17)
would offer sufficient material.

Aside from the above listed (& badly needed) fixes, leaving game mechanics alone [once the mechanics for 1.14 have actually been finalized – such are currently changing in each new snapshot] for long enough that the new material can be fully assimilated would be salutary.
As example:
1.13 added drowned (including the pernicious midwater spawning) causing security issues for ocean bases, BUT
1.13 also added mid-air spawning for MobB making open air anything inadvisable, BUT
1.14.? removed the need for village sky-view allowing underground villages, BUT
1.14.? also added pillager raids (and patrols) which now seem able to spawn underground and in any biome, BUT
1.14.? allowed cats to act as a defense against MobB [maybe, insufficient testing in actual play], BUT
1.14.? changed Iron golem spawning [again] to be dependant on villager panic, BUT
1.14.? also made villager panic unsustainable, BUT
1.14.? allows raids and/or patrols to spawn at locations that appear to be within villages, BUT
1.14.? [some versions] incorporates raid waves that can last multiple MC days, ETC

In light of the above, how does one accomplish something as simple as building a village that can be safely both left alone and visited?
No answer will be possible until some time after all the relevant game mechanics have been stabilized.

…and this is just building a simple village, nothing said about villager breeding, iron farming, or trading beyond what may incidently occur.

Vanilla MC is intended to be a sandbox where players (alone or with friends) build a world – this takes a substantial investment of player time.
Investing that time, however, makes no sense if the underlying mechanics (the physics of the world as it were) are continuously changing. There is much to be said for a degree of stability.
06/11/2019 3:45 pm
Level 46 : Master Pirate
TheRealBlank512
Cave update for sure.

Mining was and still is a key game mechanic and is basically a requirement to beat the game(beat the ender dragon(and yes I know it's possible to beat the dragon without any mining)). But over the years it's not changed at all. Now as for what I would like see changed, here's a few things:
-more ores
-mobs that only spawn under ground(cave zombies that give blindness perhaps?)
-ore(s) in the end. I mean seriously the nether has one why not the end?
-more under ground structures(dungeons are a must, but I think it would be cool to have a WORKING mine shaft full of villager miners)
-more diverse cave structures, I am tired of exploring the same tunnels again and again
-and maybe an under ground version of the wandering trader if they want to go the extra mile
06/14/2019 10:38 pm
Mayonnaise2124
Now, because of all this new stuff (improved villages, new mobs, underwater stuff, etc.) mining is pretty pointless. Caves are a key part of mining.
06/18/2019 6:55 pmhistory
Mayonnaise2124
They should also add more plants. Poisonous flowers and venus flytraps with flies, for example. And more structures (especially in the plains and forest (normal). They don't have any unique structures)
06/15/2019 7:36 amhistory
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
ChickenMac7
Caves and Nether. Perhaps have caves generate differently depending on the biome; so in a jungle have vines and roots in the caves, and in general, have different sizes/shapes/tunnel variety for caves. Perhaps introduce tombs. Underwater caves could have a slightly higher ore spawn rate, that way there's a point to going to one. Maybe another ore that is entirely exclusive to caves?

Nether is bland, maybe introduce different areas/biomes in the Nether, update how terrain generates, and another mob and/or potion. Basically spice it up, and have more reasons to go there.

Also combat could either be polished up, or tinkered with.
06/18/2019 6:52 pm
Mayonnaise2124
I've heard that 1.15 isn't going to be a cave update, but it'll add functionality to things like fletcher's table
06/18/2019 7:39 pm
Level 44 : Master Dragonborn
nascar1234
give everyone capes. I didn't go to minecon or download the cape mod BUT I can still see capes
06/20/2019 12:46 am
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
WhoAteMyButter
Capes are special for a reason. If you want capes that most people will see, download optifine.
06/20/2019 5:57 am
Level 26 : Expert Crafter
GameplayGP
it is combat update v2.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome