What do you need to be selected for an admin?

SeriumTag's Avatar SeriumTag1/14/14 7:43 am
1/15/2014 3:51 pm
-Rusty's Avatar -Rusty
Hi guys and girls, Im SeriumTag, I been wondering, to those owners and admins, what do a player need to do to qualified to be a staff in the server?

As for my opinion,

Age matters the most to most server owners as it show your maturity level. The lower your age the less mature we owner think you will be. Futhermore, owner most likely would want their staff to be able to do the job by himself, independent!

But do remember age sometimes doesnt take part most of the time

Personality
Personality plays another role of becoming a staff in a server. You need to love players and encourage players, even the player had build an ugly building, say to them "That looks great, you can do better". Other character is that you need to know how to be close and play together with the player. Play fairly and try not to cheat or free gift. Be yourself as they, the players will loves to play with a staff.

Dedication
The person who wants to be a staff must be dedicated to minecraft and have some spare time to be online and play. This will show the players that the server is very active and would continue to stay in the server, and soon they become the dedicated player.

For now this is my opinion for me to pick out and make them staff in the server!

Share your thoughts here
SeriumTag
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/15/2014 3:51 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
CaptainRavenAndreMany who are 13 right now have already gone through puberty which does make you a lot more mature.

No. I know 9 year olds who act alot more mature than 15 year olds I know. Age does not determine how mature you are.
01/15/2014 3:48 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
If you're not applying for an immature person's server where you get OP the minute you join for saying you like SkyDoesMinecraft...

General bunch requests for reasonable maturity (willing to reason and willing to back off, and having at least SOME sensible grammar skills) and to never request for it the moment you join. Or ever, in some cases.

Generally a good idea to volunteer when an opening is announced, or maybe tell the owner you could help out a bit when he's in a little snag.
01/15/2014 3:20 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
Theminigeeks
I disagree. Age doesn't matter, brutal honesty is best and too much dedication can be bad.
01/14/2014 7:50 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
SeriumTag
How about
Skills and knowlegde

A knowlegde of those basic plugin such as essential is important as most of the server use it. Other important of skills and knowledge is to know about worldedit amd worldguard. This 2 seems quite important in a server.

Next how about creativity?
Creativity of building stuff. I hardly know anyone yet that only interested in building rather than being a mod. Buildiing massive creation is a plus plus point/skills that can bring the player in becoming the staff? Any thought/opinion about this 2 topic i had bring out?
01/14/2014 9:11 am
Level 22 : Expert Cake
Puffzies
Age doesn't matter to me, there are 12 yearolds who act more mature than a 16 yearold. So age has never been an issue for me, it's the way you act that's the problem.

What matters the most to me is the personality, I would never give a staff position to a player who is rude and brings down the mood in chats. The person has to be kind, show dedication and treat everyone equally, nothing's worse than a suck up. But for a higher rank, such as admin, the person would have to be able to handle situations flawlessly and also have all of the things stated above.

I am not an admin/owner of a server, but I have had a lot of experience as a staff member on servers. But if I ever become an admin, this would be my criteria.
01/14/2014 9:02 am
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
rayquazaD10
I didn't say it was weird. I just said it was highly doubtful. Someone at my school is 14 and has gone through puberty all the way. I belive it when I see it
01/14/2014 9:04 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
CaptainRavenAndre
I'm 13 and i'm growing a small mustache already lol..
01/14/2014 9:18 am
Level 43 : Master Droid
Spect99
I started getting moustache at like 10 x) , but now i am 14 and its growing faster. ANYWAYS that's not the thing we are talking about , i think the age is important because most of the server owners dont want small kids , cause they know they will act childish and sometimes wont follow the rules
But this is good too :
PuffziesAge doesn't matter to me, there are 12 yearolds who act more mature than a 16 yearold. So age has never been an issue for me, it's the way you act that's the problem.

What matters the most to me is the personality, I would never give a staff position to a player who is rude and brings down the mood in chats. The person has to be kind, show dedication and treat everyone equally, nothing's worse than a suck up. But for a higher rank, such as admin, the person would have to be able to handle situations flawlessly and also have all of the things stated above.

I am not an admin/owner of a server, but I have had a lot of experience as a staff member on servers. But if I ever become an admin, this would be my criteria.

01/14/2014 8:55 am
CaptainRavenAndre
Also Ray i don't believe there is anything weird with having gone through puberty at an early age. You might find this weird but it isn't.
01/14/2014 8:05 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
gfsgdfgsdfgsdfgsfdgs
dadfsdfadsfdsfads
01/14/2014 7:58 am
rayquazaD10
If you have 13 year olds who have gone through puberty theres something wrong with that.
01/14/2014 8:03 am
CaptainRavenAndre
Those who have gone through puberty often act far more mature and more like an adult.
01/14/2014 8:03 am
Level 22 : Expert Grump
Arty
Where are you getting your information about puberty from?
01/14/2014 8:10 am
rayquazaD10
They may be in the stage of puberty But I highly doubt they are fully through puberty.
01/14/2014 8:17 am
CaptainRavenAndre
Well yes this is certainly true.
01/14/2014 7:53 am
CaptainRavenAndre
When i had a server i only recruited 13+ year old staff. The reason to this was because of maturity as you mentioned. Many who are 13 right now have already gone through puberty which does make you a lot more mature.

Personality:
I only recruited people who i trusted. Well first of all trustworthy, he must be trustworthy. I recommend only recruiting staff with a lot of experience behind them to back up the server. Avoid recruiting staff under 12 years old, yes this may sound cruel but they are like this most of the times "How do i do this?". (knows through experience) (This doesn't apply to everyone under 12 years old)
Staff should be kind but strict with rules but still very forgiving and never focusing on personal goals.

Dedication:
Well i recommend staff who are online at least 2 - 4 hours a day on your server. Demote everyone who doesn't for inactivity. Inactive staff = bad look on server which means a lot less players.

-Andre
TAKE NOTICE: Everything written in this comment doesn't apply to everyone and is NOT made to destroy fun or be an hater. This comment was made on complete Server Owner opinions only.
01/14/2014 7:48 am
rayquazaD10
why not make this a blog?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome