What's your biggest server pet peeve?

daytdog's Avatar daytdog8/12/13 7:35 pm
1 emeralds 7.7k 407
9/6/2013 7:30 am
meymazda's Avatar meymazda
I want to know what you hate most on servers you join. Whether it be nagging you to donate or just begging you to apply for staff, whatever it is, I WANT TO HEAR IT! Post what you hate most about servers down below!
Cheers

PS: Flame wars aren't allowed. Rage somewhere else.
daytdog
Level 8 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/06/2013 7:26 am
Level 35 : Artisan Network
TeamAbsolute
Having to 'register' on a server. It's a stupid system and who knows how they store your password
09/06/2013 7:30 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
meymazda
Generally, user management plugins encrypt everything by default, and in most, the encryption method (or whether or not it is encrypted) cannot be changed.
The most you are able to see (I tested it once) is the encrypted password, which (depending on the encryption method, e.g. SHA256) can't be unencrypted in a reasonable amount of time.
09/06/2013 7:25 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
For me, it would be idiots, bad endings when I watch anime, people who hate anime and spammers.
09/06/2013 7:23 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
meymazda
My biggest pet peeve is trying to manage, or even play on, a creative freebuild server. A server with no plots, or region protection. EVERY GRIEFER within 1,000 miles of the server will fly to it like moths to a porchlight and absolutely destroy it.
Lesson learned: Use protection, or you will have alot of work on your hands.
09/06/2013 7:06 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Noobington9001
When I bump my server, only to have hackers, people who ask for staff, and people who spam, ask stupid questions then leave and never come back join the server. So far I have had maybe two or three people out of twenty stay on the server and actually try to do a survival thing.
09/03/2013 4:52 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Farmer
MrsWiccan
As a server owner, I HATE....noobs claiming to be from here....planet minecraft. THANKS for all the noobs <3
09/03/2013 3:58 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Hidgerknight
My biggest pet peeves, I have a lot but most are already on here so one I have is, I hate when people lie to get others in trouble, for example I had a player on my server and he tells me a player has griefed so I go to the griefed part and do the inspect thing I have and it Tells me that the guy that told me griefed it and I'm all are people that stupid that they think owners wont have something like that in place lol.

I also dislike people when they come onto a server for a min and go, This server sucks blah blah blah, what they are really saying is this, hello I am a worthless person that doesn't try so I have to belittle others hard work so I can feel like I'm helping humanity.

And if you guys don't want people asking for op use a chat filter I've got one on my server the p chat filter and it changes op, so it says this instead, can I have ice then I laugh like crazy at people's reactions same goes with butter or buffer I changed em both to good lol so when someone says- Its not gold it's gold and their all wtf.

another peeve is lazy or ignorant staff, I do not tolerate that on my server so if said person can't be bothered to help WHAM demotion.

Another is if you've worked hard on a server and have applied for staff and you wait a couple of months and they hand it to the person who is hardly on.
08/28/2013 2:25 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
ColaMonster091
When people use the word stupid as dumb
08/28/2013 2:23 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
stardotdll
People that do not understand simple instructions on how to use a plugin.
08/28/2013 2:18 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
robertjas13
People who just join ask for op/mod then quit they do it all the time on my server, so annoying
08/28/2013 6:22 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
skadarian1
People who come on and say, "GIVE ME ADMIN, GIVE ME ADMIN"
And ofcourse we don't give it so then they do the usual RAGE [F*CK U ALL YOU BAST*RDS" and "ALL UR STAFF ARE RET*RDS", then 10 mins later say they,
right this is your last chance, then they say right this server is going to be hacked and griefed in 10 mins... all my staff and me are like
GTFO SCRIPTKITTY

anyway xD

- skad
08/28/2013 6:16 am
Level 22 : Expert Dragon
Hub
Psycho, Tdog u guys can speak chinese. Same here but I suck. Where did u guys learn?
08/27/2013 6:44 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
Crue
I hate the flashy font.
I hate staff members who are just in it for the commands, and when someone needs help, they just ignore them.
When people build tutorial houses (from YouTube) and claim it to be their own, and then they act all good about themselves.
People on the servers who are offended when you are honest about their builds.
08/28/2013 4:56 am
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
I can relate to the last one.

I was on a creative server when I noticed that some guy was raging. I /tpa'd someone who was there. On the server you had to build sonething really good to get a rank called architect, which I was. The guy had built a small building which he claimed to be a shopping center. It just wasn't that good. People were kindly telling him that and he was raging that no one knew anything about building.

Oh, and another thing I hate is when high ranks cheat in pvp.
08/27/2013 6:22 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
khanimax
I hate cops n robbers servers where people just kill you at spawn so they can win instantly!
08/27/2013 6:19 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
_Minestar_
People who have no idea and are hopeless, then deny your help or advice.
08/27/2013 6:14 pm
Level 45 : Master Necromancer
samus0374
People who join a server and the FIRST thing they say is: Can i have staff?
08/27/2013 6:11 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
iAMtHESushighost
The Fact that I have satelite internet and so the best ping i have EVER had with this internet is 250-200
08/27/2013 4:33 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
minecraft dating. unless its with a irl Girlfriend/Boyfriend or within a rp and the people don't actually want to get married. other than those 2 exceptions IT IS SO STUPID
08/26/2013 10:30 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
xxlinuxyxx
i like to annoy the servers staff (not on PMC) like this
i get on the the chat and do...
1st try (can i be admin)
2nd try (can i be a mod)
3rd try ( can i beeeeeeeeeeee a VIP)
if it goes this far time to annoy
4th try ( owner, where is the owner) i try to speedtype it witch i'm not very good at
if it has a /announce i use that too for more annoyance
then I stock the owner or the admin or the mod by splashing night vision potion

that how i do it
08/27/2013 4:27 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
LuigiU
Then this topic is NOT for you.
08/26/2013 12:53 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
PixelHor
I don't mind raiding an stealing stuff, but greefing is just crap for people to do :/ I mean, if there was an awesome giant house I wouldn't destroy it because I could see it took some time, but I'd go in, snoop around and if he has a few rarities I'd obviously steal them.
08/27/2013 6:17 pm
Level 45 : Master Necromancer
samus0374
Lol im on a factions server and if im not strong enough to claim land i get to the chest the old fashoned way, with my TNT cannon
08/26/2013 12:48 pm
LuigiU
People that use incorrect spelling. Butter is not BUDDER.
08/27/2013 12:07 am
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
Doughty
And butter is not in minecraft, so unless you're talking about the butter you had on your toast this morning, that word shouldn't even be brought up
08/25/2013 7:36 pm
Sky lord nate
Probably whenever I try to get on a PVP server, I die the second I leave spawn! That bothers me so much! I'm always being camped!
08/25/2013 7:25 pm
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
I hate the fact that there are 59 Quadrillion faction servers...
08/25/2013 6:44 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Whale
ACommunistLemon
true but it is multiplayer
08/25/2013 5:05 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
Eeirail
My biggest pet peeve is when someone asks to live around or with me. If I wanted to be around people on the server I would not make it such a hassle to walk to the middle of nowhere.

I mean, I am okay with interaction, but not with being near people all the time.
08/25/2013 4:26 pm
Level 27 : Expert Cake
Dirt Blocks
When the server begs for donations. Like why have a server if you can't afford it?
Also when you have to apply on a website to play on the server. Why can't you just play!
08/25/2013 4:09 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Delta7x
Shasta01LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH ON AN ENGLISH SERVER

You can't expect everyone to know a particular language just because they're on a server. That's like saying that because I eat Chinese food that I should know how to speak Chinese.
08/25/2013 3:21 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Ranger
Shasta01
Abuisive admins, people who spam chat in LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH ON AN ENGLISH SERVER, and idiots in general.
08/25/2013 3:18 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Wolf Whisperer
DeleteThisPleaseThan
*Noob has joined server*
Noob: Hi, im paril from PMC, Can i help improve your server?
*console: ban Noob I know Paril on my skype, plus he posted that he does not play on servers, gf*

-

Really starting to annoy me.
08/25/2013 3:14 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Taco
spoonfork99
Also, I hate admins who ban you just because you own the PvP monopoly ON A GODDAMN PVP SERVER.
08/25/2013 3:11 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Taco
spoonfork99
1) Budder.

2) Bad grammar at spawn.

3) When you're directing a project, and your builders don't listen to what you say and start building crap things that look terrible. Usually involves diamond blocks and budder.

4) When your fellow staff members think they have the rights and power to uprise against you for asking them why they banned someone else.

5) When people proclaim their own projects to be "epic."
08/25/2013 3:09 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ZeldaPro486
When people freak out about YouTubers
08/25/2013 8:21 am
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
Servers that won't let new players do the simplest commands.

Example:

Me: oh no I forgot to read the rules!
Me: /spawn
You do not have permission to do this!
Me: WHAT?!
08/24/2013 7:50 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
I ran into this guy once.

Player:IM CHUCK NORRIS LET ME BUILD IN YOUR CREATIVE PLOT BEEYATCH!!!
Me:No.
Player:IM BRUCE LEE LET ME BUILD IN YOUR CREATIVE PLOT BEEYATCH!!!
Me:Dude,your the same guy.
Player:Nuh-Uh.
Me:Yes You Are.
Player:No Im Not.
And This Went ON AND ON AND ON AND ON for an hour.
08/24/2013 6:45 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Engineer
THANKSTYRONE
People who can't take opinions.

If you can't respect an opinion, I suggest getting off of the internet until you can because I see opinions on the internet the most.

Someone told me that they were actually crying, and they called me a cyberbully just because I didn't like their skin in a skin competition. They told me that they were only ten so they were sensitive.

Beach, please? You didn't make the skin. I've seen it a lot, and it's not even your real life aesthetic.
08/24/2013 6:28 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
My BIGGEST pet peeves on a server?

Towny's, factions with power crazy leaders... etc

Mayors, its just dumb. Minecraft is the game to work together!

They said 'Then we added Multiplayer, so you could survive the night together'
NOT THIS
'Then we added Multiplayer, so people could control the largest amount of land and kill each other, stealing, and raiding. Making Minecraft a place where no one is safe'

No, Minecraft is meant where everyone is a big colony!

Not God PVPer's, insane people who think there awesome because they live in a castle, even power crazy admins!

If we all worked together, we'd make the greatest town EVER!!!
08/24/2013 6:20 pm
madman404
People who act like annoying little cunts. And admins who act like they deserve more respect. Bitch, you have power, not my respect.
08/24/2013 6:19 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1206640
[deleted]
08/24/2013 6:16 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
Longusername
Also people saying they ddosing server most people that say that are immature idiots wanting attention I got threatened with ddos 10s of times and my server is just fines aaaaah dem noobs
08/24/2013 6:14 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Creeper
CreeperSoul23
"IM FROM PMC GIVE ME STAFF NOW!"
Or
"Guys check out (insert URL here) its awesome! NOW EVERYBODY SPAM IT!!"
LUL.
I hate the servers that gives us permission to grief or servers that have staff that overuse their powers or abuse.
EDIT: also kids that say BUDDER! ERMAHGAD! I'm like "GUYS IT'S GOLD STOP SPAMMING!" and then I made a donation place with a golden block with a sign "THIS IS GOLD NOT BUTTER"
08/24/2013 6:21 pm
madman404
You are a genius
08/24/2013 6:11 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
Longusername
Also what annoys me is people asking for op and people who just join my server and just is AFK for like 100 hours at spawn without saying anything or trying anything on the server
08/24/2013 5:43 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Selective
People who kiss an admin or ops ass just to get good with them so they can be op.
08/24/2013 5:05 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Pokemon
kiracookie
I hate when we give a little bit of special attention to one user, they think they're entitled to have special stuff all the time.

example: some kid was making a video for us but he kept asking for us to spawn him items, fly mode, creative mode etc.

Also hate it when I'm working on something and kids ask me to add plugins that I don't want to have on my server, or if I'm in the middle of doing something they wanted, they keep asking constantly, "when is it going to be done" "is it done now"
08/24/2013 2:23 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
Cassie
"budder" .. god I hate that term. One server I admin'd on, they got like 6 people to always call gold that. They did it for a month. A month of budder.

People in general who are just jerks/morons to anyone and everyone. Meaning: gloating about kills then raging when killed, people who are too lazy to post their names or something so they get snippy about it.
08/24/2013 2:17 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Spider Rider
MrUnicorn12
Why dont I get alot of these annoying kids on my server? I swear "BUDDER" has never even been mumbled. We also rarely get ragers or immature kids....
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome