Whats up with cracked servers?

DivineMedicus's Avatar DivineMedicus6/30/13 9:56 pm
6/30/2013 11:38 pm
ABlockInPlace's Avatar ABlockInPlace
Ok guys, whats your opinion on cracked servers?
My opinion is that some of them should deserve some recognition.
I work with an excellent, 24/7 awesome hybrid server, problem is, it doesn't get the attention it deserves. It is 10 times more higher quality and better than alot of premium servers that have really griefed faction land
I simply don't understand why.
And why have i not seen any cracked servers on the top list?
What is your guys opinion on cracked servers?
DivineMedicus
Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/30/2013 11:38 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
ABlockInPlace
Lets listen to Tom. Thanks dude
06/30/2013 11:28 pm
ABlockInPlace
-_- whatever just stare at my bunny

(\__/)
(="=)
(")_(")
06/30/2013 11:15 pm
DivineMedicus
understood, btw, your skin is pretty epic.
Admin hax?
Just kidding.
Anyways, cracked games isn't really considered illegal, is it?
I heard that in canada its only illegal if it is distributed and or paid for with money, and that in the US its alltogether illegal.
06/30/2013 11:19 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Thanks. I worked hard on it for this contest.

It's considered piracy because someone using a cracked launcher or playing on a cracked server is using a service that the provider requires to be paid for. So, yes, it's illegal.
06/30/2013 10:14 pm
DivineMedicus
thats not true, because there are some popular cracked servers on this website that freely state being cracked.
The reason why I see why cracked servers are bad is because even though they have authme, someone with mineshafter can easily log in to someone elses account, and create a password for them, so that in the future, they cannot access their account without putting in their given password.
---disadvantage for being popular----

I was going to create a cracked server, but because of this issue, i might stick to a premium server.
I need some type of plugin that tracks the ip of people, and make sure the algorythm of the ip is good. so if they mostly use a certain ip, they will STICK with that ip
06/30/2013 10:04 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Warrior
Boomer_24
The reason why no cracked server is on this website is because cracked servers are not allowed here. If you post a cracked server on the servers page, A mod will more than likely see it and delete it.
06/30/2013 11:10 pm
Azie
Actually, this is right. We don't allow cracked servers in the servers section of the site, so please report them if you see them. They belong in the Hamachi/Offline section of the forum.

My opinion on cracked servers is that they promote theft. If no one had a cracked server, people would not have a reason to get cracked Minecraft and cheat Mojang out of the money they deserve for their work and upkeep of the servers and support services.
06/30/2013 11:34 pm
Level 41 : Master Enderdragon
tom101_12
when you think about it mojang created the cracked version themselves you just play in offline mode and go on an offline mode server and it will be cracked. they could disable that option that allows offline mode in either the server or the game its self.
i personally have a cracked server and if you don't have the right plugins they do get hacked a lot.
I only have my server cracked is to let the less fortuneate people like the younger kids that dont have money and there parents wont buy the game for them it allows them to have fun to.
i do a lot of premium give a ways on the server to make them think about getting the proper version
06/30/2013 11:21 pm
ABlockInPlace
Isnt that a little unfair for those who play on cracked servers? I don't see why you dont want that here. May as well take away the entire server section.
06/30/2013 11:24 pm
Level 48 : Master Technomancer
ThatsMyPickaxe
Like she said, PMC doesn't want to promote piracy. They don't let cracked servers in the servers section so that cracked servers and players won't get a good multiplayer experience and instead buy the game.
06/30/2013 11:24 pm
Azie
"It's considered piracy because someone using a cracked launcher or playing on a cracked server is using a service that the provider requires to be paid for. So, yes, it's illegal."

Why should we be concerned with the inconvenience to players using cracked Minecraft or playing on cracked servers? They should stop stealing money from hard-working people.
06/30/2013 10:03 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Ninja
TheBoss0260
People can hack cracked servers easily, and people come in with wacky usernames ie: Paril, Notch, SkytheKidRS, ect.
06/30/2013 10:01 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
wade654
Cracked servers are bad, m'kay. I just don't really see a cracked server as being a reputable server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome