forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Discussion

When did you buy Minecraft?

6 emeralds14 replies170 views
created 04/14/2019 8:35 pm by SpacePuppeh
last reply 04/16/2019 2:50 am
When did you get interested in Minecraft, purchase it, favorite versions, favorite updates? Post your thoughts. :)

You have until 04/21/2019 8:35 pm to cast your vote.

Posted by avatar
SpacePuppeh
Level 25 : Expert Creeper Hugger

14 replies

04/16/2019 2:50 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
StarMighty
I started with 1.11 but first I did pocket because I didn't had a computer and than I started with 1.8 I think but im not sure
04/16/2019 2:02 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Skinner
Amaranth
I bought minecraft java back in May 2012. I believe that's a few months after the official release.

Though I have played it a lot before I actually bought it, I remember the game could also be loaded through webbrowser, but that was reaaaally clunky in my opinion.
04/15/2019 10:43 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
Tau__
The first time I bought Minecraft was actually the PE version, I was in 3rd grade I believe, which would make it around 2013. However, I bought the PC Version (Now called "Java Edition") in 2014.

I still have fond memories of the PE edition, I remember things like building a nether core because the nether wasn't a thing in the PE version at the time, it'd generate a large structure made of netherrack and spawn many items in a circle around the core, good times.
04/15/2019 8:16 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
u_okeii_fam
Played on Xbox around 1.6-1.7, around 2013. maybe 1.8 i forgot. was ecstatic when i found a bunch of new flowers XD Then my dad bought my older sister the PC version and we've (me and my older sister) been playing since. I remember when we first found out how to add mods the first mod we tried out was Mo Creatures. I was super excited and wanted to tame a wyvern XD Some time later mr. sister started making skins, and was somewhat good while i sucked asf. now look how the tides have turned ):)
04/15/2019 8:06 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
BlackBird823
Got the pc version back in 1.7, but I first played on xbox 360 in 2011
04/14/2019 10:27 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Engineer
ShelLuser
I still remember as if it was yesterday...

I bought Minecraft in December 2014, got myself 1.7.10 as recommended by my gf. One of the best games I ever bought, we're now 4+ years later and even though I did take a break earlier this year (which had its reasons) I never disliked or grew tired of Minecraft itself.

Minecraft, for me, is one of those games you'll always return to someday.
04/15/2019 7:38 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Unicorn
ElvenFantasyFreak
I bought bedrock edition first, 3 years ago, then I bought the official Java game, only a few months ago.
04/15/2019 6:13 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
MageZ
I bought minecraft one day before 1.7, just back then i had no idea what that was. I learned bout minecraft cause a friend, back then i had no idea what youtube and the internet was. But before that i was playing lots of pe. For i think 2 years already. But only creative, had no idea bout recepies and how they worked, was to complex for me back then. It was the beginning of 2015 when i learned about the internet (that sounds stupid i know) and in late 2015 i joined a server the first time. 2017 i started youtube myself. Later that year i quit youtube and started minecraft animation. I also was playing lots of modded mc back than. About a year ago i started a new, still active gaming channel and a channel for animations (minecraft and non minecraft), AZ Studios. Now i love playing every aspect of the game: pvp, maps, building, modded, making modpacks, command block coding, texture creation and animation. Oh, and of course, good old survival minecraft!
04/15/2019 1:48 am
Level 20 : Expert Dragon
xia
i'd say very early beta.
still love mc with all my heart
04/14/2019 11:57 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Cowboy
CrazyCowMM
I wasn't exactly sure when but I knew I started in 1.2.5 so I was digging around in versions and dates and stuff and I'm pretty sure it must have been very early 1.2.5, like probably in April sometime. I had been interested in Minecraft since a few years prior(no clue when) but got sidetracked by Roblox and didn't come back to it until years later. I think honestly since I'm a command nerd my favorite version so far has been 1.13, and at least with 1.14 it keeps getting better. I don't think I've ever really been disappointed with any versions of the game(unlike most people I couldn't care less about the 1.9 PvP changes, I don't do the kind of stuff) but I think the most disappointing update for me was 1.8. I remember waiting forever for it, and when it finally came out they really hadn't added much. At least not much I used at the time.
04/14/2019 9:06 pm
Level 25 : Expert Creeper Hugger
SpacePuppeh
I got it in alpha :)

One thought when making this is that the "official release" is the majority of the time Minecraft has been out, so this will be likely skewed towards that. I considered adding more versions but settled on this for this poll.

It'll be neat to see what happens after a week lol.

Edit: It's been out since 2011! minecraft.gamepedia.com/Version_history
04/14/2019 8:51 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
MCXopjesh
Literally release 1.0.0 back in Nov. 2011, before I even realized there were previous versions. My teacher introduced me to it, I got to play it on a tablet, and I immediately went home and bought it for pc.
04/14/2019 8:42 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Nevets5
I'm that tiny sliver of classic.
04/14/2019 8:39 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Button Pusher
ParkourGee
Around 1.10

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019