When is Notch going to make minecraft free?

Gluster6's Avatar Gluster610/30/13 1:30 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 19
10/30/2013 11:36 am
Miss_Epicness's Avatar Miss_Epicness
Hi
Does anyone know when Notch is going to make minecraft free because my friend really wants it but can't afford it.
Gluster6
Gluster6
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/30/2013 11:36 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Miss_Epicness
Never.
10/30/2013 11:32 am
Level 30 : Artisan Creeper
nabeelfarooqui98
When HL3 is released
10/30/2013 11:31 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Kat-123
Its Christmas in 2 months, just tell ur friend 2 either ask for MC 4 christmas/money 2 uy it with.
as Azie and Lemon said it will b free in bout 10-20 years
10/30/2013 11:22 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
Quanto__
Notch does state on the on minecraft.net that Minecraft will someday be a free game, and that he will release the source code. He also said that the sales would have to start going down before that would happen. Maybe by 2020?
10/30/2013 11:14 am
Level 40 : Master Cake
aman207
I don't think it will ever be free. Unless Minecraft stops developing then maybe.
10/30/2013 7:39 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
MadOliveGaming
How can your friend not afor like a 25 euro game but he does have a pc?! Dude mc is so fteaking cheap. He can just save up for it or just do what hawkstormer just said and give him some money to buy the game. If thats really not possible for some odd reason.... youl probably be able to play it for free soon (which means in like a year or 10).
10/30/2013 8:04 am
Level 43 : Master Artist
knuckles5577
It's possible that the computer was either a gift (from a family member during the holidays), on sale, or was bought when his parents could afford it. Believe me, I know what it's like.
Also I know it's probably just a typo but you put "afor" instead of "afford".
10/30/2013 6:59 am
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr
If this guy is your friend, why not have you and your friends chip in some money to get him the game?
10/30/2013 6:42 am
MinerFinder
Never dude never.
10/30/2013 4:34 am
Level 34 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
carlmolndalmc
Its not goin to happen. But i think that is some weeks in a year when you can buy
MC for free. Or can your friend try to get some money.
10/30/2013 4:25 am
mobsareuz29
Never £16 GG are you living in a c box
10/30/2013 4:18 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
There are a couple of questions i must ask you. first, does your friend specifically want to play multiplayer? you can find a singleplayer only version of minecraft on the internet quite easily. that's how I started.

second, how can your friend not afford 20 bucks? I mean, its not like Minecraft costs a fortune. even the poorest college student can save up for it. and if you have minecraft (and can afford it again), you could give him a minecraft gift code for christmas (or his birthday, whichever occurs first)
10/30/2013 4:40 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
beavisjr
its 27 or 29 USD... That's what college students would love to have for buying ramen, soda, and some gummy bears for a week.

Any how, you probably live some other place they don't where computers are super rare and money hardly exists. The best I can say is help your friend save up or something. Maybe even use classic? (I think it still exists...) To be honest with you, I would wait until the price drops, if anything see if you can get gift cards, i'd post a link on how you can get them easily buuut probably I would be banned for advertising, and I don't think any one would like that. You can do multi-player on Classic, it's a butt since when ever i did it was never truly multi-player in classic, i never was able to build or anything, so best bet is to make your own classic server, don't expect plugins like bukkit, but as others have said, there are some 'pirated' ones for single player with LAN capabilites (such as you and your friend can play in the living room) but if not, well, sorry. There's nothing you can really do. Minecraft won't stop being indev for quite a long time, and even if it does stop, it's of course going to be like any MMO or Download-able game, patches, bug fixes, etc. Nothing is 100% perfect in programming. It may be "full-released" right now, but to be honest, with the ways things are going, don't count on anything. so far 1.6 + have all been buggy as heck with additions that you could of gotten /optionally/ with mods (or plugins if you have a server.) The new launcher and resource packs and etc were never needed in the first place. But back on topic, Just save up, I wanted Minecraft for a year or two, On the day of 1.3.2 release did I actually aquire it, since my mom was happy with how I was saving money (had like 15$ at the time?) so she pinched in a little and bought me it. (In return I gave her the 15$ for groceries.)

Edit: also, don't trust pirated games :I just don't.
10/30/2013 4:00 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Skinner
DiamondzFTW
Be realistic, Minecraft isn't going to be free any time soon. There are so many reasons why but I'll go through a few of them so you get the point. Firstly, If Minecraft was free the creators wouldn't earn as much money, and the world we live in... It's all about money. Secondly you could just create 100 accounts and hand them out to people like its nothing or troll people with alt accounts. Face it, Minecraft is popular as hell but if they made it for free.. the Servers would all crash from the amount of players that are joining. There would be so many newbies, There are noobs around servers but a lot of them can't afford Minecraft the instant they start playing it so they get used to it on a cracked version. Theres another thing, If your friend wants it then play cracked multiplayer or deal with the fact that he's not getting Minecraft.
10/30/2013 3:32 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Reynard
Perhaps this may sound weird to you, but in some countries, while we may have money, we don't readily have credit cards. Online credits such as cherrycredit and the like are not sold where we are so we have exactly ZERO options to buy the game.

The way i got my copy was making shitty-decent games on Kongregate and getting the paypal money to buy it. :/
10/30/2013 1:49 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Like someone above me said, it will likely become free in perhaps the next 10-20 years (that seems like a reasonable amount of time considering the game's popularity).

Unless you want to wait that long, it probably isn't realistic to try to wait until the game is free.

Tell your friend to get a job or save money from allowance/chores/relatives.
10/30/2013 1:39 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
LBUlises1
That^
10/30/2013 1:35 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Batman
Squirrel
Never. Jeb runs minecraft
10/30/2013 1:40 am
Level 40 : Master Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
Actually, Notch has stated that when sales for the game die down significantly, the game will no longer be updated, will be free, and the source will be openly released.

However, this probably won't happen for 10-20 years so don't count on it to play the game.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome