When you make a server, do NOT do this

Maddie's Avatar Maddie8/12/13 6:38 pm
8/12/2013 7:52 pm
Javi_San_Power's Avatar Javi_San_Power
recently my boyfriend and i had joined a server to just play and have fun in a server without having to make our own and waste all that time

so we joined a server (who will not be titled out of the respect for the people who own it and starting making our house.

it was a fairly new server and im sure the owners were excited that they had some members coming in, so i kind of understand but..

they started following us around everywhere, and whenever they saw we were having trouble, they gave us enchanted items, swords, you name it. they just handed stuff out to us and kept following us around.

at first i thought it was nice but it got really bad. we just wanted to play regular vanilla without cheating!

then they added plugins, hacked their mcmmo's to max, and suddenly added spleef and a bunch of other games to their server (which by this point only had us coming to it other than the 3 admins they had which was a very unnecessary amount of admins for the server, mind you)

then they started nagging us every minute

"hey wanna play spleef"
"no thanks"
"hey you wanna play survival games"
"no thank you"
"hey you wanna play deathmatch"
"thanks but no"

and it kept going on and on and on

not to mention when my boyfriend accidentally killed me (we were fighting zombies and he hit me once), they IMMEDIATELY killed him and kicked him out of the server. i had to explain that it was an accident.

we eventually left because it got too much to handle with the constant following and giving us stuff and nagging.

so please, whatever you do: if you make a server, do not nag your members like your motherly instincts instruct you to.
Maddie
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/12/2013 7:52 pm
Level 42 : Master Blockhead
Javi_San_Power
_Maddierecently my boyfriend and i had joined a server to just play and have fun in a server without having to make our own and waste all that time

so we joined a server (who will not be titled out of the respect for the people who own it and starting making our house.

it was a fairly new server and im sure the owners were excited that they had some members coming in, so i kind of understand but..

they started following us around everywhere, and whenever they saw we were having trouble, they gave us enchanted items, swords, you name it. they just handed stuff out to us and kept following us around.

at first i thought it was nice but it got really bad. we just wanted to play regular vanilla without cheating!

then they added plugins, hacked their mcmmo's to max, and suddenly added spleef and a bunch of other games to their server (which by this point only had us coming to it other than the 3 admins they had which was a very unnecessary amount of admins for the server, mind you)

then they started nagging us every minute

"hey wanna play spleef"
"no thanks"
"hey you wanna play survival games"
"no thank you"
"hey you wanna play deathmatch"
"thanks but no"

and it kept going on and on and on

not to mention when my boyfriend accidentally killed me (we were fighting zombies and he hit me once), they IMMEDIATELY killed him and kicked him out of the server. i had to explain that it was an accident.

we eventually left because it got too much to handle with the constant following and giving us stuff and nagging.

so please, whatever you do: if you make a server, do not nag your members like your motherly instincts instruct you to.

Lol uhmm.. that server was probably owned by a bunch of noobies, don't join noob servers!
08/12/2013 7:44 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
Only thing we do for new people is offer to teleport them to the biome of their choice, for building.
08/12/2013 7:31 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
ingen159260
I've been on some servers and like when you come on they give tons of stuff, the only time I did this was for my friends when when they asked which wasn't very often I do find it very annoying great story!
08/12/2013 7:14 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Modder
ebrbrbbrbrb
SleepingPotatoSo true. One time, the admin was stocking me in vanish and kept killing me. Then all of the staff were like, "ooh! New person!" That's why I made my own server. And me and my staff don't do that at all. If you want to join here is the IP: 66.85.149.210:33474

Admin aboose!
08/12/2013 7:09 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Dragon
samkee00
I occasionally check up on members to make sure they aren't breaking rules, as there are only 2-3 players on usually (:c), but I don't CONSTANTLY stalk them. The only items I give out are nether items because I can't figure out how to put permissions in the nether. I've tried everything!
08/12/2013 6:58 pm
Level 1 : New Ranger
SleepingPotato
So true. One time, the admin was stocking me in vanish and kept killing me. Then all of the staff were like, "ooh! New person!" That's why I made my own server. And me and my staff don't do that at all.

08/12/2013 6:57 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Narwhal
Puchi
I was playing a little server with my sister once. We kind of have had the same situation! They just kept spawning a million things for us that we don't even need. We then kept getting asked to do mini-games with them. And guess what? They had like 6 admins, and 2 players (us) ON! We quit the server after that. I now only do LAN multiplayer with her so we can do whatever we want, and we can play with mods.
08/12/2013 6:54 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Begging for donations is what irritates me :/
08/12/2013 6:49 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
Gersonak_
I've had that a few times... It's so irritating...
08/12/2013 6:46 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Maddie
hahaha, thank you, although it wasn't as fun living it!
08/12/2013 6:43 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Ranger
VelociCraftor
That was a great story!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome