Which do you prefer? Factions, OR Survival with basic claims, /claim chest plots etc

Star Craft Network's Avatar Star Craft Network7/22/19 10:36 pm
7/27/2019 5:59 pm
DraconicPiggy's Avatar DraconicPiggy
Im writing to gauge the communities opinion... which gamemode do you prefer when it comes to minecraft survival on servers?

do you guys like Factions? with all the /F commands?

or do people perfer a more simple survival such as plot claims with /claim commands?

Raiding or no raiding?

please express opinions in detail as i would greatly appreciate it since i am debating how im going to structure my minecraft server's survival gameplay functions
Star Craft Network
Level 44 : Master Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/27/2019 5:59 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Pig
DraconicPiggy
survival, factions is full of toxic 12 yr olds
07/27/2019 5:38 pmhistory
Level 43 : Master Bear
Enoshima Junko
I prefer factions, and survival

I played on a server that was very unique, and I had such a beautiful faction and was with many friends and members, was super organized my faction, I loved that and I planned some events but I could never do any bc the server closed lol; -;
There was everything different, after the server shut down I went looking for other faction servers, but in fact the factions of the other servers were horrible lol; -;
I miss that a lot
And I haven't had much experience in survival, but compared to factions on other servers, survival looks better.
07/27/2019 1:59 pm
Star Craft Network
I really appreciate all the feedback guys, thank you for weighing in on this post.

after reading some replies I'm thinking that people find factions complicated but they also enjoy raiding soo here is my Idea...

make a basic survival world where all players can set up to 3 homes with /sethome. if your base is found you run the risk of getting raided

HOWEVER.

Allow people who donate the ability to use /claim soo that where ever they put there "/home" if they /claim it... it will not be raidable. effectively donors can purchase protection and use /trust to add friends that they trust to there /claim base

soo in closing everyone is fair game except for those who purchase a rank

Ideas? criticisms?

I personally like this idea for these main reasons:

Gameplay will be very simple... find a secluded spot and do /sethome.

If you want protection donate like $5 bucks for a rank to get /claim
07/26/2019 11:22 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Toast
Longrange100
i agree with Mr. potato GIF
07/26/2019 10:30 am
Level 20 : Expert Birb
sepamc
survival worlds are simple and fun, personally i dislike factions as sometimes it is just too chaotic for my taste.
07/27/2019 2:02 pm
Star Craft Network
I agree factions is very complicated in its command structure. some people may not fully understand power levels, commands etc.
07/26/2019 9:43 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
i personally like factions a lot more than survival, i like it when you can raid other factions lol. though it is kind of hard to find a unique faction server, most of them are really similar.. and p2w. but i still like it more than survival, especially the feeling when you find a raid able base and make a 60 stacker cannon or just a normal sand cannon lol.
07/27/2019 2:01 pm
Star Craft Network
I have to agree that raiding is very fun, and brings an element of suspense to survival. raiding is a necessity
07/26/2019 9:07 am
Level 29 : Expert Warrior
RedRover88
Factions are like a non-anarchy anarchy server. There are no real rules set in place, aside from toxic language, hacks and all that, but you also have to watch out for anyone that doesn't want to be killed or has better gear than you. It's a decent balance between normal survival and anarchy, for anyone that inevitably wants to get into 2b2t.

Survival is more peaceful and enjoyed by people that don't like their team getting rushed every 5 seconds in Bed Wars. /claim commands, or The Golden Shovel, are entirely optional and up to the server owner/admins if people should have freedom or not. However, with the added rules, people can also sometimes toy with the admins/owner and see if they can tip them over.

Personally, I like survival more, but factions seem good too.
07/26/2019 8:22 am
Level 20 : Expert Miner
LockDownMC_Prison
I don't play either genre but if I was to pick I would rather play survival with the basic claims :)

I never really liked faction because so many servers host it ( bcoz it is so easy to set up ). Go for a more original approach with the survival theme but try and add a twist to make your server unique?
07/27/2019 2:03 pm
Star Craft Network
A twist you say? I like it... any ideas?
07/27/2019 4:36 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
LockDownMC_Prison
I'm probs not the best person to ask when it comes to this genre of server but i will use my upcoming server as an example...

Most prison servers r so basic now a days - same thing - 20 over powered mines - boring...

So the twist i have put on my server is having ore pile monuments all around the mining area of each block. These are world guard protected but build allow flags have been added to the iron, gold and diamond ores so they are interactive - then obvs they regenerate over time :) oh and rentable cells apartments and houses as not many servers have that feature either

Its a small twist but it just adds something that no other server has used before to make it more unique:)

Hope that might add some ideas potentially??? Best of luck dude!
07/26/2019 8:19 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
FoxMagick1
As a builder I normally stick with survival, it adds a challenge but you don't have to worry about your working being damaged or raided. It's a large part of why a lot of builder go way out to find a secluded spot away from everyone.
07/27/2019 2:05 pm
Star Craft Network
i agree with you. for those who wish not to be raided or have there work destroyed there needs to be some sort of way to protect the players. maybe build protection for those who support the server and donate? hosting isn't cheap! and incentives are crucial
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome