Which platform do you like mostly play on?

TeamDraco's Avatar TeamDraco3/18/19 2:33 pm
3/20/2019 10:22 am
studyclerk's Avatar studyclerk
So I was thinking. If people on PlanetMinecraft also play Bedrock like me... I wanted to find out about your main platform and see the results. (NOTE: All consoles are included as a legacy edition. Any console like Xbox, Nintendo Switch, etc. is considered a legacy edition ONLY if it is not the cross platform version, Bedrock.)

Poll ended 03/25/2019 2:33 pm.

TeamDraco
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/20/2019 10:22 am
Level 1 : New Miner
studyclerk
Java edition is really fantastic for me
03/19/2019 1:10 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
java!
03/19/2019 10:14 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Engineer
DiggerMcGee
Almost exclusively Java... much more control and easy to setup servers. Plus, a vast range of mods and plugins.
03/19/2019 9:57 am
Level 32 : Artisan Architect
thedutchlord
Java edition, way more possible than other versions.
03/19/2019 5:45 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
TheArchitect1995
I did initially try to play on the Bedrock version when it came to Xbox One, but I couldn't get to grips with the new interface, so I've stuck with the Xbox One Edition of Minecraft
03/18/2019 8:09 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
One of the first things I wanted to try ever since I got my new PC was finally taking a look at the Windows 10 edition for which I had a licence. Well, it's definitely an impressive project and I also enjoy the enhanced graphics. IMO it's fair to say that the bedrock edition has better looking graphics although I really dislike how areas simply appear out of nowhere when you first enter an area.

The controls otoh... I don't like them. For example I can't even use the alt key to sneak/crouch, which I think is pretty silly. I'm also not a fan of all the commercial activities around the game, sometimes the info is plain out misleading and trying to persuade you into buying extra useless stuff. On the positive side I can use my Steam controller with the bedrock edition, which is nice but...

So yeah, Java all the way for me. It has so many advantages; such as running your own server, datapacks which help you tweak your stuff, and speaking of tweaking: you can mess around in your worlds without having to 'worry' about xbox achievements (enabling cheats disables achievements on bedrock...) and you can easily play together without too much hassle.

If my gf is over and the Internet would be down for whatever reason then we can still play together. Either using "Open to LAN" or my private LAN server. So many advantages...
03/19/2019 9:13 am
Level 30 : Artisan Skinner
Generalcaleb
If you know how to code, you can make a free bedrock server. They released the server code recently.
03/18/2019 3:01 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Blacksmith
Geeri
Java:
- Better modding API (I only code in java so..)
- Tons of mods
- Tons of memories
- Tons of good servers (Well.. not tons, but there are quite a few good ones left.)
- This will also sound ridiculous, but a better community. On java most players (the dedicated ones) are older than ten year olds or so.. which makes an overall better community.
03/18/2019 2:50 pmhistory
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
You forgot China Edition, I don't use China Edition, I use Java, I am telling you because you forgot to add it.
03/18/2019 8:19 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
03/19/2019 6:08 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Architect
How_In_The_World
Hacks, or somehow did
03/18/2019 2:41 pm
Level 82 : Elite Architect
Ray_Savage
Java for sure. Best for machinima makin'.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome