Who likes the new update better that the old Minecraft?

PIXELCraftStudio's Avatar PIXELCraftStudio3/22/19 1:35 pm
1 emeralds 533 9
3/30/2019 7:17 am
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
Do you like the old update, or the new update? Take the poll!
PIXELCraftStudio
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/30/2019 7:17 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
New updates have substance. I'm not sure I like the scale of what some of them break vs what they add, but I like that it's not a bunch of 'barely big enough to make a difference but not big enough to truly offer much'. As someone who's mainly played in the past few years servers almost exclusively in vanilla, I consider that a pretty important angle.

But for singleplayer? I'm out in mods that have more than vanilla minecraft ever will.
03/25/2019 9:26 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Narwhal
Cracjaw450
I love the new updates, granted, they are few and far between, but when they add stuff, it is a lot of stuff and is really fun!
03/25/2019 8:32 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
TheBazzterd
I must admit, there are days that i miss the early minecraft days from 10/8 years ago as things were much simpler back then and as someone who just came back to the game things can be overwhelming.
But that said, i think the Aquatic update is one the best updates that MC has had since the beginning.

I also gotta admit that i`m not looking too much forward to the Village and Pillage update from what i`v seen so far, but that could be just me since i still got so much to explore of the last couple updates.
03/24/2019 1:34 am
Level 34 : Artisan Spider Rider
Noxyoursox
I love seeing how Minecraft has evolved from when I first started playing (back in Beta). That said, I rarely actually experience any of the updates because I prefer to play with mods, and it takes a long time for mods to migrate to new versions. I'm currently playing on 1.12.2 and that's a recent move for me (from 1.7.10) that only happened when some of my favorite mods finally migrated.
03/23/2019 12:03 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I'm missing an option: "Never experienced the old updates as much" :)

More seriously, I dunno to be honest... Now, there is the possibility that I'm growing tired of Minecraft. I don't think so but it is fair to say that I don't play it as much as I used to. But then again... the same can be said for more games.

I really enjoyed the Aquatic update, my gf really enjoyed discovering all the new stuff and I kinda enjoyed her enjoying it. Hard to explain I guess but she's not too keen on using "beta stuff" because she doesn't want to risk corruption and other nasty things (which, theoretically at least, can happen). So that's where my idea for "snapworld" came in: every snapshot period I set up a (private) snapshot server for us to enjoy. The main advantage is that none of us have to worry about anything, because we're not using local files, but connect to a remote server.

But for some reason this update seems a bit lackluster to us. It's a cool update in itself; I think several changes make sense from a gameplay point of view. But on the other hand they also break existing setups. Got yourself an iron farm? You can most likely forget about that after this update...

And I think that also touches a serious problem... in the past updates were set out to make Minecraft better than it was before. New stuff was added which would open up new possibilities and new stuff to explore and 'do'.

But these days... I get the strong impression that we get updates because of the updates. Sounds weird? What I mean by this is that the update process itself has become the main event; the thing to attract (more?) attention to the game and work out ideas. The focus is not so much to make Minecraft better, but to apply changes in order to make sure that players continue to be invested in Minecraft. Change because of the change.

That's not saying that changes are bad, they definitely don't have to be, but it can become awkward if you apply changes which plain out break existing constructs (such as iron farms) just because... yeah, why actually? What did us players get in return? In a sense village trading became harder, setting up villager farms even more so....

And that's even ignoring the massive impact all of this has on servers. One big server I know off stil runs on 1.12, the other server recently updated to 1.13 but here we are: 1.14 is already on the horizon.

I'm reaching a point where I honestly wonder if the updates as they are now aren't also hurting Minecraft in some way. Servers which have problems upgrading, veteran players who might get ticked off because their constructions stop working, stuff like that.

I need to stress this out: this isn't a "good" or "bad" kind of scenario I think, because there's also plenty of good stuff which got added. Crossbows for example, new machinery to help make crafting easier...

But sometimes change because of change can have its own effects...

Alas, sorry for a rant ;) just my 2 cents as usual.
03/22/2019 4:13 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Blacksmith
Geeri
Old updates.. They were full of bugs, but we had them every week.
03/22/2019 4:07 pm
Level 22 : Expert Birb
SpookyButtz
It depends on the day XD
03/22/2019 1:53 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
I do not like the newer updates.
03/22/2019 1:51 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
i like both equally if i had to be honest.
there's some things i don't like - but everyone usually has a few things they dislike in updates, or older versions.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome