Why are OPs suddenly not allowed to play?

Bobbinz's Avatar Bobbinz1/2/14 12:43 pm
1/2/2014 4:16 pm
mmorton89's Avatar mmorton89
Hi Bobbinz here as usual. Well, I've seen this on my server and I really think it's stupid.
Suddenly, it's socially unacceptable for ANY of my staff to actually play the server. Right so, I went to my fac base IN SURVIVAL and got my gear (diamond armour and diamond sword, sharpness 3 THAT I GOT LEGIT) and went back to spawn. There was a player with a new fac. So I made it enemy because I like the threat of people able to attack me in base. I creeped up to him very slowly, and I drew my sword. I cut him down like any other PVP player would and what happened? He rage quit. And another time when they say OMG WHY DID YOU DO THAT YOU ABUSER! Us OPs and staff and Own ers aren't the abusers, we're the real victims. We're not allowed to play and have fun on OUR OWN SERVERS. And who enforces this? The players. If you do this, and you're reading this, why? Why can't people play on their own server? Why, just because they have a fancy prefix in front of their name, must we stay in our little huts where we look at chat at kick and mute an ban? Why? I thought the MC community were nice, but this is stupid. If you have the same problem, make sure our voices get heard.
Bobbinz
Level 25 : Expert Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/02/2014 4:03 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
noidontbuildirewtone
Personally i would wait. On a server i played on had no kits and nothing to start with the owner had full diamond and kept killing us as soon as we left spawn.
01/02/2014 3:56 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Archer
erthe7the7w8trw
The reason people think that OP's do that,is because some do.The few that set a bad example for the many.
01/02/2014 4:04 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Goblin
poltercreeper
sadly, this is perfectly true, people these days only look at the bad side of things and assume that is what everything is like
01/02/2014 3:20 pm
Level 45 : Master Sheep
ToadDan
Because it's not fun when you're new to a server and you find that the owner killed you...and that's kind of abusing making them your enemies. Once, I was on a server, and I built a little wooden house on the water. And then two guys, fully enchanted diamond armor, an opped mod and a member, "enemied" the faction I made and killed me.
01/02/2014 4:16 pm
Level 20 : Expert Nerd
mmorton89
I agree with Mario, It is not fun starting on a server with nothing, then having the owner/staff/donors killing you.

The problem is too many server owners create factions server just to troll and grief their own players. How can you expect your player base to grow if your harassing your own players?

Server owners and staff should be allowed to play the game, but I would advise NOT to be aggressive towards other players. Staff members especially, they are there to help other players, not kill them and grief their bases.
01/02/2014 1:24 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
LBUlises1
I play legit, I hate using gamemode creative to spawn in items because it takes away the fun of Surviving. When I kill people I always use my legit armor/weapons I got LEGIT and some of them are still like ABUSER U SPWNED THE ITEMS!!!11!@@!! Ima tell the owner he is my bestfriend!
01/02/2014 1:23 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
Cannon666
I have to agree I am also sick of this I have owned servers for over 2 years and when I made it factions I wasn't allowed to play at all. with or without spawned items it is extremely unfair seeming as we pay for the servers and we didn't have to make it public we chose to, so if anyone agrees just reply
01/02/2014 1:18 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
SinisterStan-snip-

I totally agree.
This actually use to happen on my server, when we first started up. I and a friend had left another server, and I started one up on my computer for us to dick around on .. Of course, giving him OP, because we were both building and he needed to learn commands and limits as much as I did.
He was always very responsible with it, so when we opened up publicly, I let him keep it. The first time one of his friends joined, he gave them OP, without me knowing, and the kid started spawning in a ton of super enchanted gear and building giant towers and bases filled with redstone contraptions and killing off the server newbies.
I learned fast that just because you can trust someone not to abuse their powers doesn't mean that they'll make good decisions on who else won't abuse power.
01/02/2014 1:00 pm
SinisterStan
Mainly because people believe they spawn in certain items and have a major advantage over the ones who are not OP. Let me explain. An Owner is on a server, and he is having a good old time building and mining legit right? Along with a bunch of people who are not OP and are also playing legit. So, one of the Owner's friends gets online. He gives him OP JUST because he is his friend. The friend spawns in all kinds of stuff and gives himself a total unfair advantage to the other players and tp's to them, kills them, and all kinds of stuff. Same thing with donators. Donators tend, not always, tend to get major, MAJOR advantages to the people who are unable to donate to a server. Not everyone has $150 to go and blow on a Minecraft server. Unfortunately, people do. Then, they get /tp, /tphere, /v, and all kinds of commands that NOBODY should have except the owner. Also, about the friend getting OP thing, people try to get in "good" with the friend, so he can give them spawned in items with, oh I don't know like "SHARPNESS 127." I actually saw this on a real server, and I got banned for arguing with the Admin who said I was lying. I even took screenshots of the item, and showed them TO THE OWNER. He still said I was lying and said he always believes his Admins over ANY member. I was extremely mad and I got banned. So, this is why OP's aren't "allowed" to play on servers. Personally, I like the staff to play on servers, I just don't like them to be able to have their OP commands to do so. Again, I realize not every server is like this, but it seems no matter where I go, I find a server with bull **** staff, and unreasonable donation ranks to give you OP commands. Please reply with a response, I would like to hear your opinions.
01/02/2014 12:56 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
DuYan
you tped me to the wilderness and killed me
01/02/2014 1:02 pm
Bobbinz
Idiot green did that.
01/02/2014 12:49 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer
0ChickenOrDuck0
Agreed. I was in a town with the owner, and I was an admin at the time, and one of the donators was there as well. We always said that we made the town legit, and nobody believed us! Somebody even said 'You're only here to moderate the server' to me. Just because you're a staff member that has permission to /give and /gm, doesn't mean you aren't able to play the game.
01/02/2014 12:47 pm
linuxgod
Because, this is the age of 6 year olds.
Bobbinz
I know.
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
This has happened since the beginning of Multiplayer gaming and player-owned servers. Old news.

People always have and always will call hacks, lag, and mod abuse. Simple as that. It doesn't make them right. As long as you know you have the integrity not to abuse your rank on your server, who cares what sore losers are yelling before they rage quit?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome