Why are there no new server ideas?

fase's Avatar fase6/20/14 7:36 pm
1 emeralds 219 1
6/20/2014 7:54 pm
crazyeagle's Avatar crazyeagle
Hello there peoples!
I'd like to bring up an idea with you: Making original servers.
Recently, there have been numerous posts with the title "NEW SERVER IDEA!", but they always seem to be the same thing, survival, creative, minigames, or something else that has been done a million times. I'm not saying I hate all those things, I've been playing with them forever, so I've gotten used to it. But one thing always bugged me, why are there no new concepts? So, I did what any smart person what do. I tried to think of a new idea. And, you can probably guess where that went, I thought of nothing. I am pretty average when it comes to creativity, not super creative, but creative enough to come up with ideas. Then one thing donned on me: this must be happening to every one else as well, because they sure as hell can't make a new idea. I play on the PMC server a lot (which is straight up vanilla), and when a new guy comes on, they usually get pissed off that it is survival (because they just hit level 10 and are excited about the privilege to join the "PMC OFFICIAL SERVER!!!!!!") and leave. Because they hate survival. Because they like other things better. Things like minigames, and creative plots, and factions, AND EVERY OTHER GENERIC SERVER. Boom! That's it! It's not that people can't think of ideas, it's that they don't want to. Why fix what isn't broken? Thousands of people play on minigames server everyday, I know I sure do. So, why would you want to make something new, when the old thing is working fabulous? You wouldn't!

Thanks for reading my rant/thoughts, if you have an idea about why there aren't any server ideas, or why I'm horribly wrong and should just stop breathing, reply down below!

Thanks,
Phase.

(PS: I learned that 'gotten' is correct grammar when used with 'have', go figure.)
fase
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent