Why exactly is Butter/Budder a bad thing? [Give it a break]

-Rusty-'s Avatar -Rusty-11/2/13 7:24 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 78
11/3/2013 10:55 pm
DAP's Avatar DAP
Hello! Rusty here with another forum post...

So I have always wondered, what exactly is wrong with Butter/Budder? It's not like its a swear word?

I love Budder, there I just used Budder in a sentence, who cares? I'm mean really people, it's one thing to tell someone to stop spamming budder everywhere, but does that mean that budder is bad in itself? Think about it...

Budder spam has been reduced overtime, but some people are still against Budder, why is that? Weather Budder or Gold, who cares?

If I walk up to a Golden retriever and say 'What a pretty Canine!'
But then say someone comes and says 'no derp, its called a dog'

Is it really necessary to argue about this? No, I can call it what I want, doesn't change what it is. If someone calls a bee a bee or if someone calls it a Anthophila, who cares?

sure, I may not fully be a supporter of the whole 'budder' thing (dem drug addicts...), but hate the budder-spammers not the normal people...

Place your thoughts on Budder in this thread (keep this thread from flaming, k? thks.)

~Rusty~
-Rusty-
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/03/2013 10:55 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
A wild flame war appeared!

Flame war used: Flame!

It's not very effective.

DaAwesomePwner used: Lock Thread!

It's super effective!

Flame war fainted.

DaAwesomePwner earned 9001 xp, and $9002.
11/03/2013 6:08 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
pyraa_
BRACE FOR THE FLAME WAR!
11/03/2013 6:07 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Regardless of people's opinions on it and regardless of SkyDoesMinecraft altogether, "budder" is not a term people should be using, as it's slang for a highly-concentrated form of THC, the "active ingredient," if you will, of marijuana.

Illegal drugs don't have a place anywhere, let alone in a sandbox game.

If you wanna call gold "butter," knock yourself out. I don't care if you call something based on what it resembles.
11/03/2013 5:15 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Taco
someguy84
I have 3 words to say... FREEDOM OF SPEECH. they can say what ever they want
11/03/2013 10:48 pm
Level 40 : Master Geek
Ping0pong
As we can say whatever we want...
11/03/2013 5:02 pm
Level 40 : Master Dragon
CaikIQ
It's whenever Sky fans think it's fine to bombard chats/comment sections with budder thinking it's the appropriate word when it's not a SDM-related thing. It just gets annoying, and I'm pleased that Sky himself told his fans to not harrass other people with the word budder.
11/03/2013 5:25 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
biddyboo8
But the problem is, they didn't listen. Constantly whenever something mentions gold, I see 7 or more comment like:

"it's not gold, it's budder"
"it's budder you stupid!"

(no caps meant on purpose)

So, really the words are fine, but when it is spammed,
11/03/2013 5:00 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
It's not that "budder/butter" itself is bad, it's that people are arguing and making threads and blogs like this. Not even the "butter/budder" spamming is no where close to the spam that is this kind of thread of blog.
11/03/2013 4:55 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
the_dutchman
Its pretty much like anything else that gets spammed for attention.
anybody remember the "took an arrow to the knee thing" ?

Its a bit like puns, a poor replacement for humor. It can be funny but only at certain times and places and are used way to much as an up in your face type of thing.
11/03/2013 4:40 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
MC Albert Minestein
11/03/2013 4:13 pm
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
-Rusty-
If I walk up to a Golden retriever and say 'What a pretty Canine!'
But then say someone comes and says 'no derp, its called a dog'

This is a bad example. A dog is a canine, but butter and gold are entirely different things. One is metal, the other is a dairy product formed of slightly mouldy milk.

If we all had gold on toast and bought things with butter, we'd live in a very backwards world...

Anyway, back on topic, as someone who generally runs mild RP servers, any minecraft memes really do annoy me. Budder is probably the worst, but there are others which annoy me a lot. Poeple going on and on about Yogscast annoy me a lot too. Yeah OK, they make videos you find amusing, you don't need to worship them for it...
11/03/2013 4:05 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
MC Albert Minestein
I really think that, although it is not such a big deal, that people should stop saying Budder. It all started because of SkyDoesMinecraft, and it just feels that the "Budder Infection" has been spreading ever since. My friends all LOVE Sky, and will consider it a "swear" if I say gold. It's just gotten to a point where it's annoying, and I do think that people should stop.
11/03/2013 4:02 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Ranger
kain21
"Gold, I cant believe its not butter!" - School Kain
"DON'T YOU EVER SAY GOLD EVER AGAIN!"- Classmate
11/03/2013 3:50 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Rebelwolf8U
Budder is a concentrated form of THC, the main psychoactive chemical in cannabis (marijuana) that contains up to 99.7% THC and 5% – 15% total cannabinoids (THC/CBN/CBD),[1] several times more potent than the buds of the cannabis plant that are usually consumed (5%–25 %). Notice that Budder refers to the high purity concentrate of high potency starting material. Budder is concentrated butane hash oil (BHO). Some BHO concentrates are of exceptionally high potency; however, it is difficult for one to know the true THC content without sophisticated equipment.

So please, please stop saying it little children please.
11/03/2013 3:47 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
nyctodarkmatter
I hate the "budder" spam, but I like the "butter" trend. So I guess it's a love-hate sort of thing. On one end, I love calling it butter, but on the other hand, the spam gets ridiculous.
11/03/2013 3:44 pm
-Rusty-
MayuriYanderelooked up budder "LOL NOPE NOPE NOPE"

*looks up budder*

LOL NOPE NOPE NOPE!!!
11/03/2013 3:38 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
MayuriYandere
looked up budder "LOL NOPE NOPE NOPE"
i used to call stuff budder
but then i found out that it was spamming everything. No one can stop you from saying it and it's fine if you do, in my personal opinion i could care less about silly minecraft nick names and titles and so i will call it gold.
11/03/2013 3:29 pm
Level 25 : Expert Pony
Kfcnyancat
Dear Butter Blogs and Threads: GO AWAY!
11/03/2013 1:12 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
NuclearManx
People can't think 'budder' is gold, because it is incorrect. It is a bit like thinking 1+1 = 4, such an easy thing to get right, but so stubborn and ignorant to get it wrong.
11/03/2013 3:13 pm
-Rusty-
well no, budder is only the nickname sky gave to gold...

Weather 4 is 4 or IV, I don't care...
11/03/2013 4:54 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
NuclearManx
I may as well rename the eiffel tower to buckingham palace palace then.
11/03/2013 5:43 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
MayuriYandere
omg the one time were i have an excuse to post this gif

Arthur and Francis disprove your decision OP of calling the Eiffel Tower Buckingham Palace.

Okay Back to the topic of Butter/Budder. I hope no one is blaming sky for this because it's not his fault. it's the fans
11/03/2013 3:19 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
There is actually no problem, but when people spam it is annoying.
11/03/2013 3:15 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Metatyph
"[Give it a break]"? That, sir, is my line. The second I say the word 'gold' on multiplayer servers, I am told that my sister's not a virgin anymore, I'm a squid instead of human, I'm more retarded than a dozen five-year-olds who don't even know how to spell 'butter' right, and that Mojang, Notch, and Jeb are complete brainless idiots for naming gold, gold. I don't hate 'butter'; I hate the people who worship it like a Pagan god, and for damn good reasons too.
11/03/2013 3:12 am
Level 1 : New Miner
IEatCupQake
Flame war incoming . Hide under the bed
11/03/2013 3:19 am
Level 32 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
Lol don't worry I said my bit (with a couple of accidental double posts) but I'm done lol
11/03/2013 3:09 am
Level 1 : New Miner
IEatCupQake
Because Notch called it gold.. And butter isn't an ore it is a food..
End of discussion..
11/03/2013 3:05 am
LadySpiderwick
[Actual Post]
SkythekidRS himself is fine, if he wants to give gold a nickname so be it, but the main reason I hate the word budder/butter is because gold is an element not a food and because of the inconsiderate sky army spamming "its budder not gold". Normally any other fanbase wouldn't be so pushy but thank the sky army for that. If the sky army fans weren't so inconsiderate when they spammed "budder" than people wouldn't be hating so much. It also makes Sky look bad as they're the ones who inevitably promote sky by saying "you should watch this guy he's an awesome youtuber"
11/03/2013 1:42 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
zacthedead
You haven't looked at this have you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budder
So, yes every sky fan kid is a pot head lol
11/03/2013 1:30 am
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
Z645
Budder = an ingredient in marijuana. Sky fan love budder. Meaning sky fans are actually in love with marijuana, not gold. Gold has nothing to do with budder. Sure it looks like butter. But smd, dislike the reference. People think it's funny to use that word. Well theres a reason to name it gold. It's gold. Not butter or budder.
11/03/2013 1:29 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
Sonic0v0
I like budder and spam it leave meh alone >:c
11/03/2013 1:17 am
LadySpiderwick
SkythekidRS himself is fine, if he wants to give gold a nickname so be it, but the main reason I hate the word budder/butter is because gold is an element not a food and because of the inconsiderate sky army spamming "its budder not gold". Normally any other fanbase wouldn't be so pushy but thank the sky army for that. If the sky army fans weren't so inconsiderate when they spammed "budder" than people wouldn't be hating so much. It also makes Sky look bad as they're the ones who inevitably promote sky by saying "you should watch this guy he's an awesome youtuber"
11/03/2013 3:04 am
LadySpiderwick
Eek double post by mistake, can a moderator delete this and the above one please?
11/03/2013 1:08 am
LadySpiderwick
SkythekidRS himself is fine, if he wants to give gold a nickname so be it, but the main reason I hate the word budder/butter is because gold is an element not a food and because of the stupid sky army spamming "its budder not gold". Normally any other fanbase wouldn't be so pushy but thank the sky army for that. If the sky army fans weren't so inconsiderate when they spammed "budder" than people wouldn't be hating so much.
11/03/2013 12:45 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Well, it is budder.
What in the world made you think it was gold?
Sarcasm. So much sarcasm.
11/03/2013 12:42 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
deltoraquestgirl
We should all just respect everyone's opinions.
Personally, I'm sick of the "Butter" "gold" flame-war thing goin round, but if we all respect eachother and our opinions,
and not spam, (kinda like religions, we respect everyone's religions.)
then the butter/gold thing doesnt matter, if we ignore it, then people will realise things, and maybe no more butter.
11/03/2013 12:39 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Engineer
THANKSTYRONE
I don't mind people calling it butter or budder. What I mind is that most SkyDoesMinecraft's fans don't put it in other people's perspective.

It's like me telling a British person "It's not football; it's soccer.".
11/03/2013 12:33 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Modder
ebrbrbbrbrb
5 people want it to stop
18 people don't give a derp
36 want the budder/butter to go away
I can now see that I am not alone... Everyone join the 36%!
11/03/2013 12:27 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
EliTheEnderman
BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WHO CARES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11/03/2013 12:34 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Modder
ebrbrbbrbrb
11/03/2013 12:28 am
Level 29 : Expert Toast
CleverUserName01
This is why we can't have nice things.
11/03/2013 12:23 am
CleverUserName01
Ohhhhh didn't realize I was breaking the rules...
11/03/2013 12:16 am
CleverUserName01
-drug references are not tolerated-
11/02/2013 11:49 pm
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
There's nothing wrong with the YouTuber.
There's nothing wrong with the word.
There's something wrong with the fans.

I'm a Sky fan. I don't spam doe
11/02/2013 11:43 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
Ramman1526
You can call it what ever you want. Please just dont correct people when they call it gold. I like sky and hes a great person and all but his fanbase is one of the worst I've ever seen.
11/02/2013 11:36 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Archer
Warlock315
As a former server owner, I don't really mind the term butter being used.... For one thing, I don't know where it originally came from xD. What does get on my nerves, is when it's spammed... or people start arguing whether or not it should be considered as a real term or not.
11/02/2013 11:33 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Just leave it alone, and it'll go away. Kids will grow up, and the world will move on.
11/02/2013 10:53 pm
-Rusty-
I almost wanted to say something until I realized I'm supporting butter...

*edits post...*
11/02/2013 10:52 pm
-Rusty-
socksmusicalcat If you have enough time on your hands to obsessively follow people on Youtube for no good reason, you should probably reevaluate your priorities. Just sayin'.

Can't tell if that was aimed at me, or the sky army in general...
11/02/2013 10:25 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
socksmusicalcat
With me, I have more of a problem with Youtuber worship. "Butter" is just a symptom of the underlying disease. My time is severely limited, so I would much rather spend it playing games rather than watching someone else mess around and sip revenue from the barrage of advertisements assaulting me as I do so. If you have enough time on your hands to obsessively follow people on Youtube for no good reason, you should probably reevaluate your priorities. Just sayin'.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome