Why so many dislikes?

MrFang's Avatar MrFang9/21/11 10:47 pm
1 emeralds 169 8
9/22/2011 12:24 am
Gotheredsox's Avatar Gotheredsox
How come most of my texture packs attract haters? Most of them are creative and
Took time to make. I keep having to ask people to look at them rate
What they think it should get. I even have awesome feature pics!
Any idea how to fix this problem?
MrFang
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Hero

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/22/2011 12:24 am
Level 44 : Master Ninja
Gotheredsox
happened to me too .... ( and i can see why lol )
09/22/2011 12:02 am
Level 47 : Master Hunter
Po1ntBlank
Yeah, what I reccomend is taking the hard work you spent on "all 64 pixels" and spend that time on every block, item, mob, etc. to make a very good texture pack. While it will take a long time, you will be much rewarded spending a month to make an entire texture pack yu release after 1 month, then a ton of slightly edited textures you release every day for a month.
09/21/2011 11:55 pm
Level 44 : Master Modder
Warhawker
Because "blue" tnt would take only 10 seconds to make. that not creative. Thats called a color change. I can do that pretty easily with gimp.

And green armor? Why?

Glass doors... wut?

3 different kinds of cookies? ...

¬.¬ you deserve the dislikes, your just spamming works.
09/21/2011 10:59 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Hero
MrFang
Nicely said
09/21/2011 10:51 pm
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Cipher_Punk
I'd never heard your name before, so I went and looked. What I saw was that you have several 'packs' that only modify a single item, or just a few. Changing a single texture, or just a few items, is not a 'texture pack'. A texture pack is supposed to change everything (or close to it). The people who are probably giving you down-votes are those who put much more effort into making full texture packs and they perhaps feel that you are simply spamming minor edits for attention, as yours are hardly 'complete'.

I mean, seriously, "Blue TNT texture pack!" - that's just one minor edit, that can be done by anyone in less than a minute. Not even worth uploading, and certainly not worth pushing someone else's work off the 'recently posted' page who spent far more time and effort working on it.

P.S. - before you flame in response and tell me how hard you worked on ALL 64 PIXELS you modified, remember that you ASKED for the reason, and I gave it to you.
09/21/2011 11:02 pm
Level 48 : Master Modder
Borisr55
couldn't have said it better myself.... and btw both my texture packs are made for friends
09/21/2011 10:51 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
lionhart
its probably because they really havent tried to make a texture pack before and they expect that it'd be easy, so they don't really think your texture packs are all that great.
09/21/2011 10:49 pm
Level 45 : Master Blob
SourC00kie
That's community websites for you. PMC has a great community however still, there are many trolls out there that dislike posts for nothing. Don't worry, pretty sure the staff is planning to do something about that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome