[Poll][Modded server]Would anyone be interested?

Karayun's Avatar Karayun4/25/15 9:06 pm
1 emeralds 1.2k 33
5/3/2015 1:23 pm
Histor the Noob's Avatar Histor the Noob
Hello Planet Minecraft!

Last summer I had a survival server that many people seemed to like so I'm considering making a new one this summer but with mods.

I have a few mods picked out already all of which are decorative blocks and furniture. But the thing is, I've been out of touch with servers lately and I know some time ago something happened with bukkit and what not so I do need to do more research into everything.

Right, anyway on to the server. The server is going to be 1.7.10 survival/creative plots (100x100) and my rules have always been pretty relaxed, just the usual no hacked clients, griefing, stealing, being rude simple expected stuff like that.

[center][color=#0000BF][size=85]Now the mods I have chosen so far are:
Bibliocraft
Carpenters blocks
Chisel 2
ztones
biomes o' plenty[/color]
[color=#BF00FF]Not enough items (for new item recipes)*
waila*
backpacks (not completely sure on this one yet)*
Iron chests (who doesn't love better storage space)*
Metallurgy**
Tinkers Construct**
Iguana Tweaks (This mod is a sort of addon to tinkers)**
Natura**
Open Blocks (this mod adds a few useful blocks and tools and also gravestones to protect your items)**[/color]
[color=#0000BF]and maybe some others.[/size][/color][/center]

[center][color=#0000FF]My question is, how many of you would be interested in joining a server like that? Mod recommendations are gladly accepted and considered just know the server will only have 6gb.[/color][/center]

[size=85][color=#BF00FF]Since the response is mostly positive so far, I do need a name for the server, I don't want a "-craft" name though (for example: creepercraft and fantasycraft. I just don't really like those types of names) Also if anyone wants to make one I'll need a banner too. (I'm not being lazy I just like getting players involved in what happens)[/size][/color]

[size=75][color=#BF00FF][b]*Edit:[/b]Added some more mods to the list[/size][/color]
[size=85][color=#BF00FF][b]*Edit:[/b]Added [i]even more[/i] mods to the list and also some more information.[/size][/color]
Karayun
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/03/2015 1:23 pm
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
Livincor
killer11223345I'm usually more towards modded servers, so I'm definitely interested.

Mods like Natura, Harvestcraft, and (maybe) Metallurgy seem to be quite fitting for this sort of server without being a little too complicated.

Just as long as it doesn't turn into the 100+ other Tech+magic servers that have like 200 mods on them, then I'm perfectly fine with this sorta thing.

Natura does sound pretty good, and if I add that and Metallurgy then I could add tinkers without it being over powered, but I would add iguana tweaks as well if I have tinkers.
I don't plan on having too many mods because I still want new people to be able to join and have fun and also people who don't have beastly PCs.
I don't have a problem with harvestcraft but I don't think I'll add it unless more people ask, I just never used it much when playing on modpacks.

lonelyman19I'm not interested UNLESS there are some mods added that add more mobs, tools, armor, that sort of stuff.
Like Orespawn.

Looks like you're in luck because it looks like I'm adding metallurgy and tinkers so you'll get tons of new tools weapons and armors. Do you recommend any mods that add mobs? (I can't use More Creatures mod by DrZhark because they don't allow it in modpacks.)

I've seen some pretty cool mods that add in new mobs (Like Orespawn, as stated earlier), but since you have a limit, here's a mod that adds in new things to modify the End.
Find it here: http://bit.ly/EnderExpansion (I used a link shortener so I didn't have to paste a long thing)
05/02/2015 12:16 am
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
Rawwk
Any idea when/if the server is going public? I'm waiting to finally play a multiplayer modded survival.
04/29/2015 4:21 pm
Level 40 : Master Modder
Isaiah_
DanTDM's diamonds demenchens is 1.7.10
04/29/2015 4:42 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
For those confused, he's talking about this: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/diam ... 710.614682

A mod called "Diamond Dimensions" from The Diamond Minecart. It's updated for 1.7.10.
04/29/2015 9:22 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Devastarorator
Cracked? :3
04/29/2015 4:08 pm
Snowyfox
On almost all Minecraft sites, you can assume by default that they're talking about premium servers (unless they explicitly mention that it's cracked). Check out the Hamachi/Offline section if you want to look for servers that aren't cracked; the non-Hamachi ones are likely not premium.

Regardless, in general, all threads outside of that subforum are talking about premium Minecraft. So, yeah.
04/29/2015 9:54 am
Karayun
Sorry but the server will only be for those who have a legit copy of Minecraft.
04/29/2015 9:51 am
Level 32 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
Nope, if you want an account, save up for it. 9/10 people have premium not cracked minecraft accounts.
04/29/2015 12:27 am
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
Rawwk
Okay, I've been looking for a Modded Server for a while now since we shut down our servers. Modded Servers is most likely the best way for a unique experience right now. So I'm kind of excited to see Modded Servers pop up but never see them go live.

I wouldn't mind helping you with the server.

A few more mods that could help;
- Random Things (Adds some cool things)
- Extra Utilities (Adds some cool things)
- HarvestCraft (Personally, I don't use the new food but it's fun to have ingame events/parties)
- MrCrayFish's Furniture Mod (Make your houses with Chisel, Carpenters, etc, use this to make it more lively!)
- TF2 Teleporters (Quick transportation instead of using commands or walking to a place!)
- Buildcraft, Big Reactors, Thermal Expansion/Foundation. (A few energy/power type mods, I haven't gotten to far in using these but useful!)
04/28/2015 8:35 pm
Karayun
Snowyfox
Livincor
DerpymunWhen are you actually making the server?

Since the replies are mostly positive I could start tomorrow or the day after.

By this, do you mean the server package itself, or just starting to plan things out for real?

Start planning things out for real, getting a half decent spawn built, mods put together and configured. try getting it onto a launcher, stuff like that.
04/28/2015 8:06 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Cyborg
RCXcrafter
If you're going to have Metallurgy and Tinkers' Construct, you should definitely add ExtraTiC. Another mod you could add is Minetweaker (and Modtweaker too) to make various things less overpowered.
I'm not sure if I would play on the server but I'll try to find some more mods you might want to add.
04/29/2015 9:10 am
Karayun
Thanks I'll definitely look into those, I'm already testing the mods and configuring them so I'm going to be updating the original post sometime today.

RawwkOkay, I've been looking for a Modded Server for a while now since we shut down our servers. Modded Servers is most likely the best way for a unique experience right now. So I'm kind of excited to see Modded Servers pop up but never see them go live.

I wouldn't mind helping you with the server.

A few more mods that could help;
- Random Things (Adds some cool things)
- Extra Utilities (Adds some cool things)
- HarvestCraft (Personally, I don't use the new food but it's fun to have ingame events/parties)
- MrCrayFish's Furniture Mod (Make your houses with Chisel, Carpenters, etc, use this to make it more lively!)
- TF2 Teleporters (Quick transportation instead of using commands or walking to a place!)
- Buildcraft, Big Reactors, Thermal Expansion/Foundation. (A few energy/power type mods, I haven't gotten to far in using these but useful!)

Honestly I'm trying to stay away from tech mods because with people getting on and coming and going they'll cause lag.
I am looking into and currently tessting Random Things, HarvestCraft, and Extra Utilities though. I'll think about MrCrayFish's mod, personally I don't like it and Bibliocraft adds many good furniture pieces too and I'm also using Decocraft so we'll see.
04/27/2015 11:54 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
Derpymun
When are you actually making the server?
04/28/2015 8:28 pm
Snowyfox
When it is unconfirmed or uncertain that he is opening the server, never ask "When".

Livincor
DerpymunWhen are you actually making the server?

By this, do you mean the server package itself, or just starting to plan things out for real?
04/28/2015 12:08 am
Karayun
04/27/2015 9:26 pm
Snowyfox
Wait for a bit. Not too many people are online atm. Try again tomorrow, a few hours earlier from now.
04/27/2015 9:38 pm
Karayun
Yeah I had a feeling I missed the best time, just got too busy. Thanks though.
04/27/2015 9:11 pm
Karayun
'nother bump
If anyone has any specific questions I'll be glad to answer.
04/27/2015 1:52 pm
Karayun
Bump
04/26/2015 9:51 pm
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
I'm not interested UNLESS there are some mods added that add more mobs, tools, armor, that sort of stuff.
Like Orespawn.
04/26/2015 9:42 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Ranger
Maga-Reimu
I'm usually more towards modded servers, so I'm definitely interested.

Mods like Natura, Harvestcraft, and (maybe) Metallurgy seem to be quite fitting for this sort of server without being a little too complicated.

Just as long as it doesn't turn into the 100+ other Tech+magic servers that have like 200 mods on them, then I'm perfectly fine with this sorta thing.
04/26/2015 10:24 pm
Karayun
Natura does sound pretty good, and if I add that and Metallurgy then I could add tinkers without it being over powered, but I would add iguana tweaks as well if I have tinkers.
I don't plan on having too many mods because I still want new people to be able to join and have fun and also people who don't have beastly PCs.
I don't have a problem with harvestcraft but I don't think I'll add it unless more people ask, I just never used it much when playing on modpacks.

lonelyman19I'm not interested UNLESS there are some mods added that add more mobs, tools, armor, that sort of stuff.
Like Orespawn.

Looks like you're in luck because it looks like I'm adding metallurgy and tinkers so you'll get tons of new tools weapons and armors. Do you recommend any mods that add mobs? (I can't use More Creatures mod by DrZhark because they don't allow it in modpacks.)
04/26/2015 3:33 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
Derpymun
I would join :3.

Some mods i would like are:\
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft
Buildcraft

If you can get those I would play EVERY SINGLE DAY 24/7
04/26/2015 2:46 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
alexzahhutt
i would love to be in the server but i am kind of a noob on like mods i dont know how to download the mods i try but it crashes my comp. i have almost a terabite of data left.i dont know can someone help me?
04/28/2015 6:38 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
supernotch893
how the heck does downloading a mod crashes a PC? What website are you using?
04/26/2015 5:13 pm
Karayun
No problem, once I have a set mod list I plan on making a tutorial video to help people who don't know how and I'll have links to every mod including a few minimaps and optifine (makes the game look nicer and run smoother).

Pugster +-+
SnowyfoxBumpy.

Can you stop writing "bump" on everyones posts? ._.

It's alright if she didn't I was going to lol.

DerpymunI would join :3.

Some mods i would like are:\
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft
Buildcraft

If you can get those I would play EVERY SINGLE DAY 24/7

Those are some really good mods especially tinkers, I just feel they're currently a little too over powered for what the mods are right now. I mean besides biomes o' plenty the rest is just decoration stuff. and not really ores.
Tinkers is definitely a maybe though because I do really like that mod but if I add it I'll likely add Iguana Tweaks too.
04/26/2015 2:00 pm
Snowyfox
Bumpy.
04/26/2015 3:08 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
Pugster +-+
Can you stop writing "bump" on everyones posts? ._.
04/26/2015 6:50 pm
Snowyfox
I only bumped 2 posts. lol. And they were dying. Without even living past 1 day.

alexzahhutti would love to be in the server but i am kind of a noob on like mods i dont know how to download the mods i try but it crashes my comp. i have almost a terabite of data left.i dont know can someone help me?

If you need help with downloading and installing mods, try making a thread in the Help subforums here.
04/25/2015 10:09 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer
Basemaker5
Seeing as how I already have some mods and know how to install them, I would probably join. I can't really think of any other mods at the moment, those seem good.
04/25/2015 10:04 pm
Snowyfox
I personally never join modded servers, but from a player's point of view, your server's conditions seem quite fair and hearty at the moment. So +1.
04/25/2015 10:39 pm
Karayun
I always try to have a fair and fun server because I don't see my servers from an owner perspective but from a players perspective. If i can't play it and have fun as a player then I'm doing something wrong.

Basemaker5Seeing as how I already have some mods and know how to install them, I would probably join. I can't really think of any other mods at the moment, those seem good.

I was thinking about after having a finalized mod list that I would attempt to get it on a modpack launcher such as the ATLauncher along with some minimaps and stuff to make it easier for everyone to get.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome