Would you like a more advanced and somewhat more realistic craft system?

xHyx's Avatar xHyx1/27/20 8:06 am history
2/6/2020 10:14 am
oddnymph's Avatar oddnymph
Well, I would like to see the game with a more realistic crafting system, like creating armor only with blacksmiths, creating swords with armorers, a system that gives more value to the creation of items and also an added difficulty, not just getting 24 irons, diamonds, ... and put together and that's it, but rather have a creation process, maybe a cost, anyway, what you think about, please comment if you want.

Poll ended 02/06/2020 8:06 am.

xHyx
Level 4 : Apprentice Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/27/2020 8:31 am
Level 32 : Artisan Magical Boy
Arsham81SHAE
Yeah! But for many players this kind of thing is problematic. But it gets really cool.
01/27/2020 8:45 am
xHyx
Maybe.. but I think if it was done well, everyone would understand at some point.
02/06/2020 10:14 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter
oddnymph
I'm into it. Though, less complex than tinker's construct or BTW, and more like the crafting options in Harvestcraft or Notreepunching, not too hard, but provides a touch of realism and just enough challenge to be fun. "realistic" doesn't have to mean "you need an engineering degree to make toast"
02/06/2020 5:38 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Zombie
cosmicfortune
Listen mate, I've played TerraFirmaCraft and Pyrotech. It's not as fun as you'd think.
01/31/2020 5:29 am
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
Well, in my opinion Minecraft really needs a new gamemode, that would actually be called survival. Using ideas like this and lots of others, the game would be more survival oriented. However, they should also 100% keep the current survival mode, just rename it. That way more players can get what they want.
01/31/2020 1:21 pm
xHyx
APPROVED!!!
01/30/2020 12:07 pm
Level 46 : Master Skinner
R_Ryan
Personally, I don't play games for difficulty. I have to work hard to accomplish things in real life, so when I get a chance to relax and play games, I don't want "realism". As it is, grinding for resources is the worst part of the game. I wouldn't want to increase the amount of that I have to do. That's what makes mods so great. Different players can turn the game into what they want it to be.

Otherwise, games like Rust and Ark Survival already have similar mechanics. Minecraft shouldn't try to be something it's not. Plain old vanilla should remain a casual gaming experience.

But I'm the kind of guy who still gripes about them taking away sword spamming in the combat update, so...
01/31/2020 3:55 am
xHyx
You don't want difficulty, ok, you don't want realism, ok, but tell me, you wouldn't want to create a world, play and know that you have so much to do, but no, what we have is, get a bed, get iron , get diamonds, and that's it, end.
You have a huge and lifeless world, where a bed and a few diamonds is enough to have no more challenges.

What is the real value of you creating something in Minecraft? None.
What is the reward for creating something? None.
What will be your next challenge? None.

In my opinion the Survival part is missing.
But that's just my opinion.
01/31/2020 11:14 amhistory
R_Ryan
It's all about balance. Different people enjoy different ratios of struggle and success. I don't like playing creative either because it's TOO easy. That being said, I've never logged in to Minecraft and felt like I didn't have possibilities. There's always so much to do that the hard part is narrowing it down. Some people actually build working 32 bit computers out of redstone, or recreate the entire island of Westeros. There are way more possibilities than I'll ever exhaust.

I don't know, I never thought of Minecraft as an action/survival game, so I don't feel like it's missing. There are so many other action/survival games out there, I don't think Minecraft should change to compete in those markets. MC is a building game first with just enough challenge to make it occasionally unpredictable and interesting. For me, the sense of accomplishment is derived from completing cool builds or constructing working redstone contraptions. I don't really get that from fighting/survival games.

There's no "real value" in any video game beyond its ability to entertain you. The "reward" of any video game achievement is an artificial emotional high brought on by pretending you've achieved something. It's a virtual productivity simulator. Video games in general are just overly complicated Skinner boxes where you trade button presses for serotonin. We learn virtual skills in order to avoid the difficulty and frustration of learning real skills.

What makes Minecraft so different and groundbreaking is that it's up to you the player to come up with your next challenge. figuring out what you're going to do next is part of the game. Maybe it's a crazy redstone flying machine, maybe it's reconstructing Machu Pichu. Maybe it's building your own survival game adventure map on a server with resource packs and mods you made yourself. Whatever it is, the accomplishment is more satisfying because I got to decide what I wanted to accomplish rather than waste my time doing whatever the game devs told me I had to do.

THAT'S what minecraft is. Is not exactly a game. It's more of a game engine. The challenge is that you have to make the game yourself. You have to come up with your own goals. The part of the game where you're grinding to get enough resources is basically pre-game in my opinion. Increasing the amount of tasks you have to complete before you can craft what you need would just make it take longer to get to the good part.

In a million other games, the only time the struggle to not die stops is when you finish the game. I love minecraft because securing your safety is when the game really starts. I don't want to spend more of my limited gaming time going through the motions of pretending to learn new "skills", gathering more materials, and building things that I'm only building because I need them to build the thing I actually want to build. That all sounds boring to me. The dullest part of any video game is when you know what you're supposed to do, but the game won't let you do it until you've gone on some side quest for a McGuffin because some game designer was afraid their game wasn't long enough.
01/31/2020 2:53 pm
xHyx
I agree with you on much of what you say, but that still doesn't justify the name Survival, at least for me.

The game has a lot of things, be it machines or constructions, but this is just a part, so much so that they are usually done in creative mode, but it lacks in the survival part of survival mode, as EndPlayz said :

"Well, in my opinion Minecraft really needs a new gamemode, that would actually be called survival. Using ideas like this and lots of others, the game would be more survival oriented. However, they should also 100% keep the current survival mode, just rename it. players can get what they want. "

And please watch this video, I think you will see a lot of what people like me see in Minecraft :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha1rO0btVLU
02/01/2020 2:35 am
R_Ryan
I certainly wouldn't lobby against adding any new modes. I just probably wouldn't play them. I'm already annoyed at the new Pillager raids and villager trading mechanics.

We just want different things from a game. It seems like the biggest issue is simply confusion over the name "survival" because that word means something different in other games. I don't think MOJANG should prioritize increasing survival game elements because I think there's way too many of those kinds of games in the market as is, and there's hundreds of mods for minecraft that already do the same thing.

I think the guy in the video was wrong on a lot of points. I think he's mistaking his own changing preferences as he grew up for minecraft losing relevance in general. It didn't become the most popular game in the world overnight. As we grow and our lives change, what we're looking for changes, but I don't think demanding the things you used to love change with you is the right answer. Plenty of other people still want what minecraft is, a creativity based game where you get to decide what your challenges will be. Maybe it's time to try new games, if minecraft no longer brings you joy.

Honestly, I think a better solution would be to make a new game based on the minecraft engine that caters to the people that want more of an RPG/survival horror experience, but arguable that's already been done with ARK, Rust, Trove, Deep Rock Galactic, No Man's Sky, or just a modded minecraft.
01/29/2020 3:11 am
Level 31 : Artisan Button Pusher
Conycon
Technically, a crafting table is just a cube, so any block could be used as a crafting table.
01/29/2020 4:14 pm
xHyx
O.o whaaat??????
01/30/2020 11:59 am
Level 31 : Artisan Button Pusher
Conycon
Unless you use deafault 3d
01/31/2020 2:53 pmhistory
xHyx
What are you talking about? o.O
01/31/2020 3:11 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
alexzander700
I think it would be like the translocator 1.8+ mod's Crafting Grid.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome