forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Help

A bit server confusion

2 emeralds3 replies77 views
created 04/25/2019 5:53 pm by DiamondDoom6000
last reply 04/26/2019 1:28 am
Ok so I decided to make a minecraft server so me and my friends could play, but I don't like the hosting websites because they often have some really annoying things unless you or they are just kind of sketchy. Anyways I figured it out how to do it with minecraft's normal server files, but I want to figure out how to get it so that people who are far away can play (as in the only successful way I found was using "local host") and I want to change the IP if possible, but my biggest concern is getting other people on so we can play.
If you know anything I would appreciate any help!
Posted by avatar
DiamondDoom6000
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

3 replies

04/25/2019 5:57 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
luxluxdev
I don't have much experience in that regard but i say you could rent a server, like a VPS or a dedicated server. You would need to know how to configure them to work with minecraft tho, and know if you want them to run on linux or windows (linux recommended). You would also need to install a panel to be able to further configure minecraft.

I haven't really done this before but I know people who have. Good luck finding a way tho :)
04/26/2019 1:03 am
Level 21 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
first part is good, second part isnt, you dont need a panel to configure a server
04/26/2019 1:28 am
Level 46 : Master Pixel Painter
Nighthearted
Here is a tutorial on how to set up a Minecraft server. Be aware that there are some risks associated with running a server on your own home network, so make sure you are prepared to take on those risks.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome