About 3D models

XiaoMing_MC's Avatar XiaoMing_MC1/10/19 12:12 am
3 emeralds 348 7
1/13/2019 2:09 am
XiaoMing_MC's Avatar XiaoMing_MC
It is a block model for carved_pumpkin,and it seems to work well..But when a solid block is next to it,the texture becomes dark.How can I avoid that?Is it about the "cullface"tag?There is very few tutorial on making texture packs in china QAQ
who can tell me how to solve the problem or show me some learning videos on that?
lots of thanks
XiaoMing_MC
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/10/2019 10:55 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
Try change shade parameter to false
01/13/2019 2:09 am
XiaoMing_MC
yes,I tried.
still does"t work
01/10/2019 8:13 am
XiaoMing_MC
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1ePPbesySzBS5UYgP-HQx0Q when using optfine the problem appears
01/10/2019 8:06 am
XiaoMing_MC
01/10/2019 6:45 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
Without having the model to look at and test it's hard to say. I'm not sure what you mean when you say the texture becomes dark, it would be nice to have a screenshot of that, but unless your model is smaller than a full block in size I wouldn't think cullface would be the issue. Maybe it's your tintindex or ambientocclusion settings, maybe it has to do with the blockstate file, without a .zip of your work and/or examples of your files and images (including how the issue is displaying in game) I'd just be guessing at stuff.
01/10/2019 8:04 am
XiaoMing_MC
thanks for your reply
I have tried ambientocclusion already but it does not help
according to my test results tintindex only works with leaves,vines but does not work on other blocks
it is actually smaller than one block。I mean part of its faces become dark when the appropriate side is blocked。
I remembered I have uploaded two pictures but now I can only see one。。that is odd。
I will try to upload the pack,and you can download and check if you would like to
HUGE thanks(=・ω・=)
01/10/2019 8:06 am
XiaoMing_MC
hey the second picture appeared again。。。
the internet connection is pretty unstable here。。。
01/10/2019 2:06 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
I'm still only seeing one image when I look at the thread and when I click on the .zip file I'm directed to something with a bunch of Chinese and I don't seem to be able to download it. For sharing small files online I recommend the free account from https://www.mediafire.com/

Based on what you're describing I believe it's due to the fact you have a model smaller than a full block that is supposed to be a full block. When you place an opaque block next to it the game knows that the side of the pumpkin facing that block should be receiving no light so it displays the face as if it has a light level of 0. Sadly I don't know how you would go about fixing this. The cullface won't help since the texture is visible so you don't want the face removed... this maybe one of those 'is what it is' things. My only suggestion would be to try changing the parent model (assuming it has one) to a model that isn't a full block, if you can. block/jack-o-lantern has a parent of block/orientable which has a parent of block/cube which has a parent of block/block- naturally you want the image to stay orientable so I would see if I could change the parent of block/orientable to something that isn't a full cube.

For the best help I recommend re-posting this issue here: https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/resource-packs/resource-pack-help as this particular forum has a lot of very knowledgeable resource pack makers and posting there will increase the amount of help you receive. I can tell you for a fact there are much more talented and knowledgeable modelers there than myself. Good luck.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome