forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Help

Adding extra textures to resource packs

1 emerald10 replies104 views
created 04/16/2018 8:15 am by cooldreamer
last reply 04/19/2018 10:43 am
Hello!

I am making a resource pack, and I'm changing the texture of a furnace to a barbecue, and switching it around so the "front" of the furnace becomes the grills and the "top" of the furnace become the controls and cupboards.

The problem is, then the tops of the droppers and dispensers become the controls of the furnace.

I've tried adding a new texture in the resource pack folders itself, into the block section of textures, and then reworking the script in the dropper's and dispenser's Jason model scripts, but the top textures of those blocks just appeared with a pink and black checkered pattern.

I am using Resource Pack Workbench version 4.5.2 on a Mac. RPW can't see my custom texture, even without the fancy tree mode. I've looked online for ways to do this, but nothing has got me what I wanted.

I don't want to resort to making mods or using OptiFine.

Would someone please suggest a strategy on solving the problem?

Thanks,
cooldreamer.
Posted by avatar
cooldreamer
Level 1 : New Crafter

10 replies

04/17/2018 10:03 pm
Level 30 Artisan Engineer
mincerafter42
Hello there! You don't need any custom programs to edit a .json file. Using a text editor that came with your computer works fine, and may help you have more control over the .json file. If you open the furnace's .json file, you should be able to find the URL for its top texture and change it to a custom texture you made. This is easier than changing the dispenser's and dropper's because you only have to edit one model as opposed to all the ones you don't want to change.
04/17/2018 12:42 pm
Level 58 Grandmaster Lego Builder
Darth Feanor
All I can guess is that the purple and black checkered thing u see is the absence of a texture there, minecraft does that if no texture is provided), idk why.
04/17/2018 8:18 pm
Level 1 New Crafter
cooldreamer
I know that, but thanks for the information.

Actually, now thinking about it, I wonder why it appears as a pink-and-black-checkered pattern if it can't find the texture for which it is looking. It could be a special texture or code which makes it look like that.
04/19/2018 10:43 am
Level 1 New Crafter
cooldreamer
I think it probably is a special texture, as look in the Minecraft folder, and you see 5 special texture files, 0 being of the highest quality. There the pink-and-black-checkered is, down around the bottom-right corner.
04/17/2018 9:16 pm
Level 58 Grandmaster Lego Builder
Darth Feanor
yeah, maybe you could change that so instead of pink/black, it would just be text saying: Uhhhhh...
lol
04/16/2018 8:21 am
Level 54 Grandmaster Artist
oakar567
Send me Your RP, I will take a look :)
04/16/2018 7:21 pm
Level 1 New Crafter
cooldreamer
Sorry for the long delay, I was sleeping.

How shall I send it to you?
04/17/2018 9:21 am
Level 54 Grandmaster Artist
oakar567
You can use mediafire.com or any site where You have account that give You ability to upload files, but I'm really recommending to use mediafire mentioned ealier or dropbox, and then post link to the zip file here,or you can PM me directly with the link.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome