forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Help

Best way to do donations?

1 emerald3 replies91 views
created 01/01/2016 5:28 am by Dirkerdoodle
last reply 02/05/2016 10:02 am
I've been looking at what some other servers have, and I've noticed there's basically 2 options:
A. Sell everything individually
B. Sell a bunch of things together in rank-generating packs.

I feel like in some cases, doing packs, where, say $10 gets you a Donor title, and a couple of fun little things, it's really nice as a player because I get the basic fun stuff all at once for a low price. However, from an owner's view, that's really sucky because sure I get $10, but I only get that $10 once for 7 different treats that only need to be bought once.

On the other hand, individual sales sound great as an owner because they have to pay $5 and $12 and maybe even $18 for multiple different things, thus increasing how much I earn. On top of that, as a player, I only have to buy specifically what I want, without bothering with the extra stuff I might not give a cloud about. However, I have no idea how that would convert into Donor/VIP/whatever titles, as an owner, and as a player all of those treats can really get expensive....

So, thoughts? What do you think is the best way to set up donations?
Posted by avatar
Dirkerdoodle
Level 1 : New Miner

3 replies

02/05/2016 10:02 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
DirkerdoodleI've been looking at what some other servers have, and I've noticed there's basically 2 options:
A. Sell everything individually
B. Sell a bunch of things together in rank-generating packs.

I feel like in some cases, doing packs, where, say $10 gets you a Donor title, and a couple of fun little things, it's really nice as a player because I get the basic fun stuff all at once for a low price. However, from an owner's view, that's really sucky because sure I get $10, but I only get that $10 once for 7 different treats that only need to be bought once.

On the other hand, individual sales sound great as an owner because they have to pay $5 and $12 and maybe even $18 for multiple different things, thus increasing how much I earn. On top of that, as a player, I only have to buy specifically what I want, without bothering with the extra stuff I might not give a cloud about. However, I have no idea how that would convert into Donor/VIP/whatever titles, as an owner, and as a player all of those treats can really get expensive....

So, thoughts? What do you think is the best way to set up donations?

thus increasing how much I earn. Hope that was not meant like that
Anyway.

Nowadays players look mostly at how many players you got on your server, how fast they can be the best in things. most money, best gear etc. and donate based on that.

Basically they want pay to win.
This seems to be the general mind set.

If you want to go for money, sure by all means go for that.

I personally didn't give ANY rank any pay to win factors to the ranks I give for donations. so far got a few pages of donations.

but really, what direction do you want to go with ? pay to win? cosmetic?
(eula doesn't allow I know)
01/02/2016 1:10 pm
anonpmc1773037
[deleted]
01/01/2016 6:30 pm
Dirkerdoodle
It'd be really nice if someone could help...

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome